Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Just want share what happend on my way to Pattaya! bad accident

Frenzy

Hey I was going from chonburi to pattaya, in the late evening, on sukumvit road, my gf was driving, then I said whats that on the road, I got better eyes then her.

I could see from far something like bike, when we approached closer, it was bike and man lying down, I told her to stop.

All thais just look from the side, I said i go see victim, i went there gut was bad, uncontious, leg skin gone, I think he was alive.

Then I thought what to do, move bike move him, I thought dont move cuz I can finish him if spine broken, and thought about police want look at it.

It was like 40s, before i saw high speed lights approach, and people scream, I jump over hard sholder in to the side of the road in big row.

Then heard bang, I come out, and saw man under other car, and my gf scream she thought I am under the car....

Really bad and sad, mostly about thais no one help, even ppl they hit him first, they just called ambulance....

If everyone cooperate he could be alive, may b...

sorry for my eng.

May b someone can google news accident on sunday on sukumvit not far from mimosa...

Peace

sad story..

traffic is just nuts, i always amazed travelling over there

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

19 passengers killed today when a cement truck crashed into a BKK - Roi Et bus.

21 passengers injured today in a bus crash at Pranburi - driver is suspected of having fallen asleep at the wheel.

Sorry you saw all this Matey.

Somtimes we have to act even if after it may turn out we shouldn't.

Do not beat yourself up you stopped at least and maybe if you had moved him who knows eh ??

Ghosty

Must have been an horrific experience for you but sadly all too common in Thailand. In UK we average about 5 road deaths a day, in Thailand its around 70 a day. I doubt you'll find a news story about this specific accident on the net, it's pretty trivial by Thai standards.

Well done for stopping and helping but, in general, falangs should be wary of getting involved if you weren't actually part of accident. It seems harsh but just drive by and let the locals deal with it.

Next trip Aug 31-Sep13, theme: try more freelancers, get dirty! Note to self: TAKE MORE PHOTOS!!!

There's a law in Thailand that says if you're not a medic you're not allowed to touch the victim so

better you didn't do anything or you would be held responsable . Crazy i know but that's how it is .

That's some messed up shit. Thailand needs some some good samaritan laws that protect people trying to help.

Right, it's best not to stop and definitely not touch the victim. I know this sounds callous but unfortunately for we farang, who are just "guests" in the country, that's how it is. In a nutshell, it's none of our business. As the guys on Thai Visa say, the farang can be blamed when helping. I've heard of farang making reports of accidents to the Thai police and getting in the shit for it. Plus Thai style is to wait for the police to attend the accident and get their spraycans out and mark the road, after they finished the victim can be taken away.

Also it's not uncommon for Thais to fake an accident, then when a farang stops to help, a couple Thais spring out of hiding and thump and rob him. This happens often around Phuket.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

That's some messed up shit. Thailand needs some some good samaritan laws that protect people trying to help.

LOL... Like post tsunami they were arresting farang volunteers and fining them for doing work without WP.

LOL... Like post tsunami they were arresting farang volunteers and fining them for doing work without WP.

Amazing Thailand. Happy I'm leaving soon. Its the most backward country I have ever lived in.

Try Cambodia for a laugh, makes Thailand seem civilized. 

The more I come here the more I'm scared shitless by the traffic. No more motos for me - ever.

You're a good samaritan, I follow the Thais and just keep on moving.

I don't want to be accused of lifting the victim's wallet or gold.

up to you

Buddy, you should not go the victim of the accident or touch him/her as fellow monger advised that they will hold you responsible for that.It is true?!This there custom!!As we are there for mongering we should have overlooked it!!?

yes, i didnt realised that they can frame you

at the time i was thinking about saving life, risking my life

but next time i might not, as they really migh frame me, just to get moneys, fck that

on thai visa many examples peoples being framed, even there was cctv showing they innocent, thais still try.....

Amazing Thailand. Happy I'm leaving soon. Its the most backward country I have ever lived in.

You haven't been anywhere then.....

yes, i didnt realised that they can frame you

at the time i was thinking about saving life, risking my life

but next time i might not, as they really migh frame me, just to get moneys, fck that

on thai visa many examples peoples being framed, even there was cctv showing they innocent, thais still try.....

Right, after you been living here for a long while you learn to just mInd your own business, it's much better that they. Thais don't appreciate farang getting involved.

Buddy, you should not go the victim of the accident or touch him/her as fellow monger advised that they will hold you responsible for that.It is true?!This there custom!!As we are there for mongering we should have overlooked it!!?

Can anyone back this up with something beyond anecdotal tales? How would someone be held responsible by the Thais for helping someone - being charged by the police, civil law suit by the family or beating by an angry mob.

There is a lot of shit that gets written here but leaving someone to die by the side of the road after being injured in car accident is a bit extreme. 

En-route to Pattaya late one night we passed an accident.  Chunks of vehicles sprinkled along the highway...not pretty.

Can anyone back this up with something beyond anecdotal tales? How would someone be held responsible by the Thais for helping someone - being charged by the police, civil law suit by the family or beating by an angry mob.

There is a lot of shit that gets written here but leaving someone to die by the side of the road after being injured in car accident is a bit extreme.

When was the last time in Thailand your car or motorcycle was the only vehicle on the road and there wasn't any other vehicle or person in sight anywhere? If you can see an accident so can scores of Thais. Leave it to them to call cops and ambulance, they can deal with matters better than any farang.

Right, it's best not to stop and definitely not touch the victim. I know this sounds callous but unfortunately for we farang, who are just "guests" in the country, that's how it is. In a nutshell, it's none of our business. As the guys on Thai Visa say, the farang can be blamed when helping. I've heard of farang making reports of accidents to the Thai police and getting in the shit for it. Plus Thai style is to wait for the police to attend the accident and get their spraycans out and mark the road, after they finished the victim can be taken away.

Also it's not uncommon for Thais to fake an accident, then when a farang stops to help, a couple Thais spring out of hiding and thump and rob him. This happens often around Phuket.

That is some crazy shit out of the movies.

no

That is some crazy shit out of the movies.

sound like it, but its is, people getting in trouble for trying to help, thats what i was told many times since my experience ...

Thats horrible!

I prefer traveling by airplane or boat when in thailand :) Crazy traffic!

Its even worse in vietnam, I am still amazed we didnt have an accident when mostly traveling by minivan

since then, i saw 2 more motorbike accidents on jomtien beach road

Archived