Sign in to follow this  
dirtyslag

Vietnam visa in Patts?

dirtyslag

Hello all<br />I usually stop off in HCMC on my usual jaunts to Patts <br />But my next trip I thought I wouldn't bother<br />Now I'm not so sure...<br />I was wondering if I could get a visa from Patts if I change my mind?<br /><br />I know you can get one at SGN airport but I've heard it's a bit of hassle (queue ing ,paperwork etc)<br /><br />I usually buy one at the embassy here in the uk but I'm not 100% I'm going so a bit dubious about spending 50 quid on one<br /><br />Any help would be much appreciated fellas<br /><br />Cheers

Edge

To physically get one here I believe you have to go to the VN Embassy in Bangkok or an agent can do it for you.

If you're flying in it's easy enough to get one of those pre-authorised Visa letters online, but yes, you still have to stand in line with whoever else has one to get your actual stamp in your Passport eg. HERE

leeds

an agent can do it in pats,or do it on line and pay the 50dollars when you arrive

mousemat

If you decide to visit Bangkok to obtain a visa then please note that last September I was quoted the following prices to process a visa at the Vietnam embassy.

4 days - 1800b

2 days - 2300b

1 day -  2700b

Its an easy process and the embassy is a 5 minute walk from Nana sky train - just take your passport and 2 passport photos.

Edited by mousemat

dirtyslag

Thanks for all your help boys <br />

janders

I have done this from Pattaya.  2 options; either pay a local travel agent to have your passport couriered to Bangkok to have the visa stamp, or organise the letter for visa on arrival.  I have used both, and the delays at Saigon airport are not that extreme.  20 minutes at most.  I thought it was $25 USD per visaon arrival, but it may have increased.  I am not keen to have my passport go anywhere that is not under direct supervision.

There are companies that will offer a fast tracking service at Saigon airport.  Most of the letter companies will offer this service as a premium add on.  They will meet you at the gate and fast track the visa within the airport.  Not sure about the costs, but sitting and watching Vietnamese officials tell foriegners off is quite good entertainment whilst you wait. 

There is always a positive.  Your bag should be ready for you downstairs when you finally have your visa. 

Edge

..................................  I thought it was $25 USD per visaon arrival, but it may have increased. .................................

According to the link I gave the price for the stamp on arrival at the airport is now $45 - someone else said it was $50.

The amount charged by the agencies who provide the letters varies from $10 upwards.

I used the service for a flight to Hanoi and my experience there was the same as yours at SGN, about 20 minutes, but I guess it varies according to how many others are doing it the same way at the time.

rddpp

Vietnam Visa costs increased significantly in price last January 1st, so any pricing info before that would be out of date.

bigbadbaz

2 of us are going to Vietnam in December for 5 nights ( 1st time). My mate been looking at visa's and he said he has been informed it's £77 for visa and £8 p&p. Told him this can't be right as it would have been mentioned on here before.

ive had a quick look but got to get back to work but is  the link from Vietzay above genuine, or does someone recommend elsewhere, I'm not trying to get if for nothing but it seems they are taking the piss, just trying to plan ahead

ricktoronto
2 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Apply for an eVisa online and here is the link.

https://e-visavietnam.org/apply-vietnam-visa.html

That's the link for some company that charges you for what you can do at the Viet nam e-visa site yourself:

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt

bigbadbaz

I've not gone round to doing my visa yet as not got a passport photo. My mate tried but he said it won't upload his passport scan and his headshot photo, he said when he clicks to upload gets photos of other people. Is he a dumb arse and not doing it right or do you just need to fill the info page in and they do the photos in Vietnam?

eXplosief
23 minutes ago, bigbadbaz said:

I've not gone round to doing my visa yet as not got a passport photo. My mate tried but he said it won't upload his passport scan and his headshot photo, he said when he clicks to upload gets photos of other people. Is he a dumb arse and not doing it right or do you just need to fill the info page in and they do the photos in Vietnam?

I just had a look. There is a delete button underneath the sample picture. Click that. After you click the sample picture twice and you can upload your own picture. Max 1024Kb. 

bigbadbaz

Thank you, it's much appreciated. I'm seeing my mate tomorrow so hopefully will get it sorted

bigbadbaz

Arrived this afternoon for a 5 night stay and no visa required, all we had to do was show proof of our leaving flight and 2 minutes to go through ( took 15 mins for queue itself) but nice and easy

rioman
2 hours ago, bigbadbaz said:

Arrived this afternoon for a 5 night stay and no visa required, all we had to do was show proof of our leaving flight and 2 minutes to go through ( took 15 mins for queue itself) but nice and easy

So you are saying that you do not need visa for Vietnam?  This does not sound right.  I went through the evisa stuff a couple of years back and have to admit were similar problems to what you mentioned above, but did get one.  I like the idea of grabbing a flight on spur of moment(even if it were return) and heading out of country, but the evisa process(cambodia or vietnam) does make for more planning.

Bertman

Yes you don’t need a visa if your stay is less than 2 weeks I was there for a week in November as the other guy said proof of your flight is enough 

rioman
3 hours ago, Bertman said:

Yes you don’t need a visa if your stay is less than 2 weeks I was there for a week in November as the other guy said proof of your flight is enough 

From what I am looking at seems that Canadian passport holders would still need evisa.  There are some short term exemptions for some other countries.  

Memurtle
From what I am looking at seems that Canadian passport holders would still need evisa.  There are some short term exemptions for some other countries.  

Yeah same I think for Australia. Just found this link $17 but I think that’s just for the approval letter? https://vietnamvisa.govt.vn/australian-citizens/

Bertman
6 hours ago, rioman said:

Sorry I should have said mines is a British I did google just now and this is what I found 

0BD801E9-9B48-411B-A1ED-7CD3A8B122B8.png

bigbadbaz

Some lads we know also from Uk and on same flight going were planning on leaving by boat and so didn't have a return flight, things got quite animated at control and after about 10 minutes of arm waving and gesturing they were let in without a visa.

fish59

hi,

im going to patts in febuary and was thinking of doing war tunnels Mekong delta in Vietnam but have not got a clue how to go about it.any help would be much appreciated.

ty.

paulalbert1980
Just now, fish59 said:

hi,

im going to patts in febuary and was thinking of doing war tunnels Mekong delta in Vietnam but have not got a clue how to go about it.any help would be much appreciated.

ty.

Hi, I did it a few years ago and its super easy to organize from any hotel or any of the dozens and dozens and dozens of travel agents around Ho Chi Minh City. Should cost you no more then $10 USD for a full day tour.

fish59

I was thinking of travelling from pattaya to hcmc for a couple of days to see the sights but its not knowing if I need a visa for say a 3 day stay and back to patts.  

ty

worldpunter
5 hours ago, fish59 said:

I was thinking of travelling from pattaya to hcmc for a couple of days to see the sights but its not knowing if I need a visa for say a 3 day stay and back to patts.  

Depends what passport you are travelling on . Most get 15 days entry no visa . Better to have a return flight to show immigration but not compulsory

ty