IGNORED

Italian food

Had a really tasty pizza at Globetrotter(i think) restaurant between soi 7 and Central Road a few weeks back.Highly recommended.

• 5 weeks later...

Someone tryed Don Joe in Walking Street? Both the owners are italians, and the food is perfect... Also the place is cool, two rooms: one inside very particular, and one outside directly on the seaside... Only one bad stuff: high prices for Patts standards...

• 2 weeks later...

trattoria toscana on beach road, just after Soi 6 going towards soi 7, every night full of italians people...even during low season.

probably there is a reason...this is one of the few place where you have italian food like at home

If your tilak doesn't like farang food, next door they've opened Caffè Toscana with also thai food and of course italian and pizza

Not cheap for thai standard (800 b, with one beer), classy inside and very relaxing the outside garden

trattoria toscana on beach road, just after soi 6 going towards soi 7, every night full of italians people...even during low season.

probably there is a reason...this is one of the few place where you have italian food like at home

Good Pizza, service does not always so well. Disappointment for me: Only 1 sort of Grappa. A lousy one.

There was an Italian resteraunt on 2nd rd just past big c on the other side of the road italian owned and had an italian chef

not sure if it's still there. I only went in the once and had lasagne and it was spot on. It doesnt open till late afternoon

If it is still there it is well worth checking out.

• 4 months later...

good Italian restaurants in pattaya are IMHO: Toscano (the best) the Arcate end Tiziano, working in these restaurants CHEF Italian cooking .......... you know very well

cimg0599kq1.jpg

maky

IRJ

Thanks for the Russian/Italian tip, I'll check that out.

And I can confirm the one between Patts and Jomtien is very good. When you're heading towards Jomtien FROM Pattaya it's in the right, BEFORE the Thappraya road junction. Outside and inside (aircon) eating. Can't remember what I had last time (not pizza though) but it was very good with the bill being not too expensive.

One Italian place I've never been able to find is the one on the long hill upwards from Patts to Jomtien. Apparantly it is down a small soi and has an Italian flag sign right on the road. Supposed to be really cheap but really good, can't remember but I think someody said that it has red checked table cloths.

Does anyody know what I'm talking about?

That is "PAN PAN". Has a good range on the menu with usually 6 special additional items daily.

Have good wood fired pizza with a thinner type crust. Have good deserts in the pastisery along with a GREAT selection of home made ice cream. Not the type of place for a lively bar girl - but excellent for a serious date or meal with Thai friends. Often has parties or families of Pattaya government

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

In my opinion very good italian restaurants in Pattaya are: Bruno, Pan Pan, Tiziano, Don Joe.

Nothing beats the italian at Dusit Thani hotel though...

Geneve 77

Well last night i gave Planet Food a try. i had the ravioli in bolognese sauce. It was crap compared to Toscana's The ravioli were the freeze dried type not fresh and the sauce was not that good. this is just my opinion. I like Toscana there ravioli seemed to be fresh made

• 2 weeks later...

italian - 2nd road south of Soi Dianna after the beer bar complex. I've had their pasta and pizza and both were very good.

korean food - a little north of Soi 6 between beach and 2nd roads; great bbq and all around food. have had kalbe, bulkogi, and kimchi chigay there. there's also koreana on soi 1 between beach and 2nd road but haven't yet tried it. there's another korean place on 2nd road around soi 1 but haven't tried it.

Valentinos - Pattaya klang soi4 facing foodland is a good place to take your TG. The pizzas are good and according to the ex TG the best tom yum goong she has ever eaten anywhere in thailand. Nice outdoor atmosphere too. Max's soi13/2 is good too, never had pizza there though. Ive not really eaten italian anywhere but else heres a list of italians and other national foods in patts if you want to try some out. http://www.pattaya-food-drink.com/m1623.htm

"To monger, or not to monger, that is the question"

• 2 weeks later...

I'd go with Pan Pan for italian food in Pattaya, haven't tried the new branch yet, but the one in Jomtien is great. Pizza is nothing spectacular, but the other dishes on the menu (especially pasta) is great. Also the deserts are fantastic. Some of the best cakes you will find in Thailand are to be found at Pan Pan. Enjoy ;)

• 3 weeks later...

La Piola on 2nd rd , go north past Big C, on the left just past the shooting range. Italian chef, good wines, and every dish I have tried has been awesome.

torre di pissa,i agree does good italian grub but there are plenty to choose from

good pizza at planet food on 2nd road - they have proper itilaian dried meats imported , almost as good as being in italy

• 2 weeks later...

I vote for Toscana as the best, then the new PanPan in the Central Festival building. Tried Da Tiziano and was very disappointed - low quality ingredients, very slow service, my entree delivered 15 minutes before my gf's, etc.

Toscana- great food, huge portions (far too much to finish) good winelist, etc. Will go back.

Been to Pan Pan several times, as its convenient to my house and consistently very good.

- Cochran

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
For good, cheap Italian try Noon Ristaurantino, located on Thappraya Rd. at Jomthien Nivate (pronounced "knee wait"; look for the sign for Jade House on the corner, an extra plus! :Birthday: ).

I agree Noon Bar / Restaurant Tino on the hill gets my vote for great pasta and easy parking. I also like the fritto misto. The gf loves the bolognese or kee mao and my friend enjoys the house made ravioli. No outer walls so it's always hot and sweaty.... but it's Pattaya.

I agree Noon Bar / Restaurant Tino on the hill gets my vote for great pasta and easy parking. I also like the fritto misto. The gf loves the bolognese or kee mao and my friend enjoys the house made ravioli. No outer walls so it's always hot and sweaty.... but it's Pattaya.

Went there last night for my second time this week. The food is good and reasonably priced. Ravioli and mixed salad are great. Service is prompt and polite. Heineken is 80 Baht for a large bottle.