IGNORED

The USA Bombs Great Barrier Reef, Australia

Pattaya One

Above Photo: Barrier Reef from the air (Qualia.com)

Two US Marine Corps jets have dropped four 226kg bombs on the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef in Australia during a training mission.

AV-8 Harrier Jet

AV-8 Harrier Jet

Full story here: http://peteralanlloyd.com/back-part-2/related-regional-articles/the-usa-bombs-australia/

Peter Alan Lloyd

Amazon: Back Parts 1 and 2

Smashwords: Back Parts 1 and 2

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/peter.lloyd.94064?fref=ts

Twitter: @PeterAlanLloyd

InPattayaNow?d=yIl2AUoC8zA InPattayaNow?d=qj6IDK7rITs
w2-iwrly-Z0

View the full article

That's a ton of bombs.

The reef was sponsoring terrorism, I am sure.  

Storm in a tea cup.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

what's happening?? The septics can't find any "real" targets??

They are doing a joint exercise with us . There was a problem achieving the planned target range and the missiles had to be dumped (short on fuel). They were dummies and unarmed (no explosion) and dumped in deep water.

#moveonnothingtoseehere

Lol....was I was listening to a story on the abc about it last night...they are still a little concerned about the 100s of tons of live explosive ammunition that was dumped there during the second world war.....this incident not so much a problem.

They missed me...I’m on the other side of the continent.   Now about that Gun Control thing...can we comment yet? :GoldenSmile1:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

Great Barrier reef is so big it can be seen from space so no wonder they managed to hit it!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Great Barrier reef is so big it can be seen from space so no wonder they managed to hit it!

Give them your GPS co ordinates Tony,and see how they do.Puff of dust in Udon in 30 seconds.lol.

Another beat up by those melonheads the Greens.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Another beat up by those melonheads the Greens.

... ahhh, quit your moaning, Rat Boy ... since the Corps took over air patrols, not one single terrorist has succeeded in threatening the Great Barrier Reef! ... not even one! ... semper fi !

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

... ahhh, quit your moaning, Rat Boy ... since the Corps took over air patrols, not one single terrorist has succeeded in threatening the Great Barrier Reef! ... not even one! ... semper fi !

Fucking LOL

Give them your GPS co ordinates Tony,and see how they do.Puff of dust in Udon in 30 seconds.lol.

The yanks are as sharp as a bowling ball

... ahh, udontony and bruce9au, many as you enjoy making humor at the expense of the military ... whether us yanks, or anyone, I guess.

... I won't argue with you the wisdom of some applications of military force ... but ... you do know that is a political decision, right? ... no one, not even you, hates war more than combat vets ... no one.

... and, when you trash on the military prowess of guys as this, you are trashing on some of the brightest, most competent human beings alive, who are in control of some of the most advanced technology in existence ... men, Marine and Navy pilots are ... very ... good.

... as Skalliway notes above, these young men can ram a fence post cleanly up a gnat's ass from 8 miles up.

... if you did not read the article, the reason they dumped their ordinance is that they were flagged off of the practice bombing site, and they returned to home base ... a carrier ... where landing with ordinance is a no-no ... the article's title is quite misleading (and I agree with you, humorous), implying that they bombed the Great Barrier Reef unintentionally... ummm ... no.

... my bet is that these pilots are being relentlessly pasted with this article by all of their ship mates ... victims of poor editing ... and they probably won't launch a fence post at the editor for disrespecting them so ... probably.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

... ahh, udontony and bruce9au, many as you enjoy making humor at the expense of the military ... whether us yanks, or anyone, I guess.

... I won't argue with you the wisdom of some applications of military force ... but ... you do know that is a political decision, right? ... no one, not even you, hates war more than combat vets ... no one.

... and, when you trash on the military prowess of guys as this, you are trashing on some of the brightest, most competent human beings alive, who are in control of some of the most advanced technology in existence ... men, Marine and Navy pilots are ... very ... good.

... as Skalliway notes above, these young men can ram a fence post cleanly up a gnat's ass from 8 miles up.

... if you did not read the article, the reason they dumped their ordinance is that they were flagged off of the practice bombing site, and they returned to home base ... a carrier ... where landing with ordinance is a no-no ... the article's title is quite misleading (and I agree with you, humorous), implying that they bombed the Great Barrier Reef unintentionally... ummm ... no.

... my bet is that these pilots are being relentlessly pasted with this article by all of their ship mates ... victims of poor editing ... and they probably won't launch a fence post at the editor for disrespecting them so ... probably.

My bet is the Aussies were the ones that were supposed to have the bombing range ready,and weren't.

^ Fishing or getting target practice ready? Fishing won!

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Tapatalk 2

They are doing a joint exercise with us . There was a problem achieving the planned target range and the missiles had to be dumped (short on fuel). They were dummies and unarmed (no explosion) and dumped in deep water.

#moveonnothingtoseehere

Thanks for clarifying this. 

I really should watch the news every now and again. 

Getting all your news from Pattaya Addicts is probably not the best way to get it. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Thanks for clarifying this. 

I really should watch the news every now and again. 

Getting all your news from Pattaya Addicts is probably not the best way to get it. :)

Next thing you'll be telling us there were no kangaroos on Soi Six  a couple of  weeks ago

Its a story about nothing... The bombs were jettisoned due to fuel issues (safer not to land with them) two were dummy's two were not armed. Its a none event.

They were dropped away from coral and in a chosen area.

Its a complete load of rubbish to make it a news story  and do some America bashing.  There are loads of WW2 stuff around in the water just as dangerous if dangerous at all.

People who have dived around the Hardeep near Samasan will see loads of Thai ammo and WW2 ammo and bombs in the water much closer to coastlines and diving sights etc.

Its a story about nothing... The bombs were jettisoned due to fuel issues (safer not to land with them) two were dummy's two were not armed. Its a none event.

They were dropped away from coral and in a chosen area.

Its a complete load of rubbish to make it a news story  and do some America bashing.  There are loads of WW2 stuff around in the water just as dangerous if dangerous at all.

People who have dived around the Hardeep near Samasan will see loads of Thai ammo and WW2 ammo and bombs in the water much closer to coastlines and diving sights etc.

Thanks for that post!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1966_Palomares_B-52_cras

The Great Barrier Reef got off lightly.

Spain copped 4 Hydrogen Bombs in a 1966 USAF mishap.

The Great Barrier Reef did indeed, get off lightly. Laos, however, wasn't so fortunate. I visited the country once, crossing the Mekong, during a stay in the city of Mukdahan, which is located in far Isaan. I didn't stray very far, for very good reasons.

Laos, a tiny landlocked country in South East Asia is known as 'the most bombed country on earth'. It is estimated that at least 78 million sub-munitions remain unexploded. Forty years on, 13 out of Laos 15 provinces remain contaminated by unexploded bombs and the debris of war. Over 50,000 people have been killed or injured as a result of UXO accidents between 1968 and 2008.

Many BM's have probably visited Laos.  Cambodia, another well travelled country, has similar problems, but not quite so problematic.

Who was moaning cockhead. And Mr Rat Boy to you. Fuck they allowed you to have a computer which is a cyber attack but not as a big attack on your arse as H Brown.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Archived