Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Cost Comparison - Pattaya vs. Angeles City - Financial Analysis

Thailand expenses

I use the basic formula to determine how much is spent each day in a notepad:

[bOD + Additions - EOD] = Total Daily Expenditures

BOD - Beginning of Day Balance
Additions - ATM, cash added to pocket
EOD - End of Day Balance

These are added up each day.

I keep track of key items like hotels, laundry, phone, girls (O-Isolation), drinks, etc. (E-Isolation), STH-Isolation (short-time hotels), etc.

Over the 19-day period in Pattaya, excluding hotels and airport expenses, 

I spent an average of 4,512 Baht/Day (this excludes airport and hotel)

Girls - 32 times at an average of 1,564 Baht per occurence

Drinks, lady drinks, with friends, etc. - 815 Baht per day.

See chart below:

qCWVzDs.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philippines expenses

I use the basic formula to determine how much is spent each day in a notepad:

[bOD + Additions - EOD] = Total Daily Expenditures

BOD - Beginning of Day Balance
Additions - ATM, cash added to pocket
EOD - End of Day Balance

These are added up each day.

I keep track of key items like hotels, laundry, phone, girls (O-Isolation), drinks, etc. (E-Isolation), STH-Isolation (short-time hotels), etc.

Over the 10-day period in AC, excluding hotels and airport expenses, 

I spent an average of 4,098 Pesos/Day =  2,952 Baht/Day 

Girls - 11 times at an average of 1,845 Pesos per occurence = 1,329 Baht/Day

Drinks, lady drinks, with friends, etc. -  996 Pesos per day = 717 Baht/Day

See chart below:

QALitEV.png

Note:

Airport Issue:

A couple more notes from above:

• This was low-season

• Baht-Peso relationship during the time period

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info, helps put things in perspective.

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

"The Mourning Bride", William Congreve, 1697

Thanks for taking the time to make this and then present it to us!

Very informative..I'm planning a trip to AC next year shortly and it's good to hear it will be a little bit cheaper. 

Although you did see less girls/day during your AC trip. 

Are you an account by any chance?

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Are you an account by any chance?

No, I'm an engineer, but you're not the first one to ask me that question.  I love analyzing thing and tend to analyze and have a spreadsheet for just about everything.

No, I'm an engineer, but you're not the first one to ask me that question.  I love analyzing thing and tend to analyze and have a spreadsheet for just about everything.

Ahhh that explains it. 

I have an engineering degree myself and am fascinated with numbers myself. 

People really hate it at work when I tell them 5 mins into our shift that we have 28 500 seconds left to go....and it continues all night. 

haha

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Very informative..I'm planning a trip to AC next year shortly and it's good to hear it will be a little bit cheaper. 

Although you did see less girls/day during your AC trip. 

Yes, well it was my very first trip to the Philippines and I had a learning expericence which involved playing both musical hotels and musical airports.  Hence, I decided to spend the entire time in AC and relaxing vs. being a ping pong ball.  I'm going back in November for about 16 days (covering three weekends to try to catch the pool parties) and plan to visit AC, Subic Bay, Bulacan, and possibly a couple of days in Makati and Pasay.

I did take advantage of the nicer resorts/hotels as I like to relax and swim regularly.  The daytime scene was a bit more relaxed than Pattaya, even for AC, and I was keeping myself more active during the daytime and tended to have my enjoyment at night.  There were times and days in Pattaya when there was one per day, or once in a while skipping a day, so I wouldn't read to much into the lower frequency of the Philippines.

As for which is better between the Pattaya vs. AC?  That's like asking what's better wine between a French Bordeaux vs. an Argentinian Malbec / Chilean Cameramen?  The answer is they're both good wines and not only uniquely different, but each grape cannot be produced in the alternate region.

With typical spending around town for other consumables, I've noticed that anything that sells for 20-baht in Thailand goes for 20-Pesos in PH, and generally anything that goes for 100-baht in Thailand goes for 100-pesos in the Philippines.

The nightlife is different and there are many reasons for spending time in each place.  Cost is not a high priority driving factor, but I like to depict the analytical differences using my consistent accounting methods.

• 2 weeks later...

....'fraid am not as sharp or analytically efficient as you, young engineer;(but), think you are saying there is not much to choose between Pattaya and Angeles City, cost-wise ?

• 4 months later...

cheers! good post.

Archived