IGNORED

ZITHROMAX, ETC

Harry Brown

i had a dose of chlamydia after my first trip and my western doctor prescribed zithromax, which at the time was a single dose, but since then I buy zithromax from the pharmacies in Patts, as a precaution the pack consists of 6 tablets and buying from different pharmacies , I get conflicting advise on dosage can anyone tell me the correct dosage . thanks

If you look it up on the internet you will see the doses. However only taling it orally has side effects. that injections dont. from memory,

500mg for Chlmidia, 1,000 for Ghoneria, 250m times tice a day for 3 days for vral infections. The side effect is nuasia.

My advice if you think you have caught something , 2 pills immediatly, followed by another pill every twelve hours till all six are used and IMPORTANT - do not take any other nedicines with it , or ant acid tablets containing alumium (virtually all antacids), or alchohol whilst taking Zithromax or it wont work.

Further advice occurred to me that any of you guys that break a condom or are stupid enough to go bareback - you can buy a pack of zithromax at any chemists in Pattaya.

Take 4 tablets the first time and then take the other 2 tabss the following days that should do the trick.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

As it comes in different sizes I will list in weight. You need 1 gram taken initially which is usually 4 pills (Thailand) all taken in 1 time. The the remaing 2; 1 per day. I'm not a doctor, but have been told by one who is my friend that this is the proper initial dosage for Zithromax needed for STD's. Worked for me w/o side affects.

Zithromax is not a magic bullet for all STD's

Pfizer web site

http://www.pfizer.com/products/rx/rx_product_zithromax.jsp

An extract on Zithromax from the Pfizer web page

http://media.pfizer.com/files/products/uspi_zithromax.pdf

shows the following

"Urethritis and cervicitis due to Chlamydia trachomatis or Neisseria gonorrhoeae.

Genital ulcer disease in men due to Haemophilus ducreyi (chancroid). Due to the small number

of women included in clinical trials, the efficacy of azithromycin in the treatment of chancroid in

women has not been established.

ZITHROMAX, at the recommended dose, should not be relied upon to treat syphilis.

Antimicrobial agents used in high doses for short periods of time to treat non-gonococcal

urethritis may mask or delay the symptoms of incubating syphilis. All patients with

sexually-transmitted urethritis or cervicitis should have a serologic test for syphilis and

appropriate cultures for gonorrhea performed at the time of diagnosis. Appropriate antimicrobial

therapy and follow-up tests for these diseases should be initiated if infection is confirmed.

Appropriate culture and susceptibility tests should be performed before treatment to determine

the causative organism and its susceptibility to azithromycin. Therapy with ZITHROMAX may

be initiated before results of these tests are known; once the results become available,

antimicrobial therapy should be adjusted accordingly.

To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of

ZITHROMAX (azithromycin) and other antibacterial drugs, ZITHROMAX (azithromycin)

should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be

caused by susceptible bacteria. When culture and susceptibility information are available, they

should be considered in selecting or modifying antibacterial therapy. In the absence of such data,

local epidemiology and susceptibility patterns may contribute to the empiric selection of therapy."

So if there is reason for concern get a test , then you can party on dude :D:Party5:

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

W. C. Fields

After my visit to Pat i went to see my doc ( i had several bj without condom ) and he gave me Zitromax but also Ciprofloxacine and a lecture , i did some tests and there was no problem , i will go again to LOS and i will use condoms but for bj i dont like it ... :)

After taking Zithromax i tend to get Thrush:

Does anyone else get this problem?

:)

• 3 weeks later...

The dose for chlamydia is 1 gram taken as a single dose and you need to wait a week before sex again. There's no medical literature saying you need to take anything else so it must just be a random Thai "idea" that you should take something on days 2 and 3.

After taking 4 tablets of a packet of Zithromax that I bought in Thailand make sure that the route to the toilet is kept clear.

I took some one night before my birthday to ensure that my pipes were in proper working order for the night itself.

As soon as I went to bed it started and I was up 6 times rushing to the toilet for poopies.

Z works by clearing out your system - unfortunately that means of everything.

My plans to go down to Soi 6 in the afternoon for a bit of rimming mixed in with my BJ as a birthday treat were scuppered.

The standard dose of Zithromax taken for treatment of urethritis (STD) would be 1 g taken all at once (4 pills). You can save the two remaining pills for the next time...

The reason all the Zithromax comes as six pills is because it's a 'z-pack' given for treatment of sinusitis, bronchitis, respiratory infections, etc. which believe it or not (at least outside of Pattaya!) is the more common use of Azithromycin (Zithromax). If you are taking Zithromax to treat a sinus infection, bronchitis, etc. the dose is 500 mg on day 1 (2 pills) followed by 250 mg a day (1 pill) for the next 4 days (six pills taken in total).

Just hope that you get the need to take zithromax or any antibiotic only once in a year or so. They play havoc with with your liver from what I hear if you start taking these antibiotics too often.

i was unfortunate enough to get a leaky cock when visiting LOS for my second trip!!

took the zithromax from pharmacy and they didn work! (and gave me the shits!!!)

back england now and was given 2 week worth of ofloxacin.

so zithro not always 100%, still need a check i would reccommend

I never had problem with Zithromax, i was a problem 2 times and after it was ok.

• 3 weeks later...

I did BB in bkk a week b4 pattaya...got the leaks ive had the clap b4 so knew what to do...except didnt remember the name of the meds..here in aust...u only take 2 tabs...so got what they recommended took 4 tabs which I now know was the correct dosage but just incase took 4 more the next day too...all clear no probs...

Just returned from LOS and on my way to the airport took 4 zithromax, the next day I took the remaining 2. Im usually very safe with condoms but go bareback for blowjobs so always take the zithromax at the end of a trip whether I think I have something or not, just to be sure. I caught the clap from a bbbj before and was pissing razorblades and couldnt fuck for a week, not something I care to experience again.

Edited by ROIDFREAK

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction - "it was just the internet.." is not an excuse.

• 2 weeks later...

Caught chlamydia on my last trip to PTTY, from giving a BG a cpl bareback strokes when hammered. Painfull stuff :wacko: .Doctor gave me Zithro as the cure and it worked eventually, so will stock up next time in LOS just in case. I luv my BBBJ toooo much so no rubbers for the blows but no way will my cock go BB inside a lbfm muff again :P .

BigBum thanks for the information on prices, anyone else got an update 530 baht for a pack of six?.

HS

Just returned from LOS and on my way to the airport took 4 zithromax, the next day I took the remaining 2. Im usually very safe with condoms but go bareback for blowjobs so always take the zithromax at the end of a trip whether I think I have something or not, just to be sure. I caught the clap from a bbbj before and was pissing razorblades and couldnt fuck for a week, not something I care to experience again.

hahaha tell me about it mate, had the same experience near the end of my last trip. It was so painful i was scared to go to the toilet. And there is no torture like being in pattaya and not being able to boom boom. The Zithromax did the trick though....

• 3 weeks later...

I just started pissing razor blades after a trip probably from BBBJ and the doc gave me zithromax 2 x 500mg to be taken in one go. Hope it works !

Take 4 at once followed by 2 next day seems standard dose.

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059

After taking 4 tablets of a packet of Zithromax that I bought in Thailand make sure that the route to the toilet is kept clear.

I took some one night before my birthday to ensure that my pipes were in proper working order for the night itself.

As soon as I went to bed it started and I was up 6 times rushing to the toilet for poopies.

Z works by clearing out your system - unfortunately that means of everything.

My plans to go down to Soi 6 in the afternoon for a bit of rimming mixed in with my BJ as a birthday treat were scuppered.

This is a common side effect with many antibiotics. The reason is that the antibiotic kills many bacteria, including the good healthy bacteria that helps aid in the digestion of food. So while taking the antibiotic, you want to replace the good bacteria. You can get probiotics from a natural food store, or a GNC. Yogurt is also good for this...even those little yogurt drink things can help. Drink one every few hours, as the half-life on Zithromax is pretty long (and thus is alwys working at killing the bacteria, both good and bad).

LM

for azithromax you take 2 the first day and then one each day until gone. at the er you may get a slurry which is the whole dose in a drink. tastes like hell but works.btw i hand this stuff out at work so i am sure of the doses.

I hope this helps bother. :Party1:

What is it used for?

• Bacterial infection of the lungs and airways (chest or lower respiratory tract infection, eg pneumonia, bronchitis)

• Bacterial infections of the nasal passages, sinuses or throat (upper respiratory tract infection, eg sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis)

• Bacterial infections of the middle ear (otitis media)

• Bacterial infections of the skin or soft tissue

• Chlamydia

Warning!

• Zithromax capsules should be taken at least one hour before or two hours after food. Zithromax suspension can be taken with food.

• Unless your doctor tells you otherwise, it is important that you finish the prescribed course of this antibiotic medicine, even if you feel better or it seems the infection has cleared up. Stopping the course early increases the chance that the infection will come back and that the bacteria will grow resistant to the antibiotic.

• Broad-spectrum antibiotics can sometimes cause inflammation of the bowel (colitis). For this reason, if you get diarrhoea that becomes severe or persistent or contains blood or mucus, either during or after taking this medicine, you should consult your doctor immediately.

Use with caution in

• Severely decreased kidney function

• Abnormal heart rhythm seen on a heart monitoring trace (ECG) as a 'prolonged QT interval', or people at risk of this (your doctor will know)

Not to be used in

• Allergy to macrolide type antibiotics, eg erythromycin

• Liver disease

This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy.

If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.

Pregnancy and Breastfeeding

Certain medicines should not be used during pregnancy or breastfeeding. However, other medicines may be safely used in pregnancy or breastfeeding providing the benefits to the mother outweigh the risks to the unborn baby. Always inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, before using any medicine.

• The safety of this medicine for use during pregnancy has not been established. It is not recommended for use in pregnancy unless considered essential by your doctor. Seek medical advice from your doctor.

• This medicine passes into breast milk. It is not recommended for use during breastfeeding unless considered essential by your doctor. Seek medical advice from your doctor.

Label warnings

• Do not take indigestion remedies at the same time of day as this medication.

• Take at regular intervals. Complete the prescribed course unless otherwise directed.

Side effects

Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with this medicine. Because a side effect is stated here, it does not mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.

• Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhoea, constipation, indigestion, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain

• Headache

• Loss of appetite

• Dizziness

• Thrush infections

• Sleepiness (somnolence)

• Weakness or loss of strength (asthenia)

• Anxiety and agitation

• Hyperactivity

• Pins and needles (paraesthesia)

• Hearing distubances

• Awareness of your heartbeat (palpitations)

• Abnormal heart beats (arrhythmias)

• Pain in the joints (arthralgia)

• Decrease in the number of platelets or white blood cells in the blood

• Allergic skin reactions

• Abnormal reaction of the skin to light, usually a rash (photosensitivity)

• Seizures (convulsions)

• Liver or kidney disorders

The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer.

This medicine should not be taken by people taking ergotamine or related medicines, eg dihydroergotamine or methysergide (used to treat migraine).

Antacids for indigestion and heartburn reduce the absorption of azithromycin from the gut if they are taken at the same time as azithromycin. Azithromycin should therefore be taken at least one hour before or two hours after taking any antacid.

Azithromycin may increase the blood levels of the following medicines:

ciclosporin

digoxin

theophylline.

If you are taking digoxin or ciclosporin it is recommended that your blood levels are monitored while you are taking azithromycin. Your doctor may adjust your dose if necessary.

Azithromycin may enhance the anti-blood-clotting effects of warfarin and possibly other anticoagulant medicines. If you are taking an anticoagulant your doctor may want to perform extra monitoring of your blood clotting time (INR) while you are also taking azithromycin.