IGNORED

Tourists Furious After Tour Guide Lets Them Stay At A Cheap Hotel

Pattaya Daily News

Published : July 18, 2013 :: 18:07:22 [ 882 views ]

Tourists Furious After Tour Guide Lets Them Stay At A Cheap hotel

pdn227.jpg
A group of over 10 Chinese tourists were not satisfied with their hotel as they believe that their tour guide or organizer arranged a hotel that was not equal to they paid. Making them complain to Pattaya City police officers and local reporters.

PATTAYA – July 18,2013 [PDN]; The Chinese complained that when they agreed to buy the tour package, they were informed that they were going to stay at a 5 star hotel, but when they arrived at their hotel, The L.K. Paragon hotel, they noticed that it wasn’t a 5 star hotel as advertised, making the group go to the Pattaya City Police station to complain.

pdn312.jpgpdn410.jpg

After receiving the complaint, Tourist Police were noticed about their complaint, making them further investigate into the case.

Related items

Print This News Print This News

Type : Community News
Story : Amnoychai Malila
Photo : Amnoychai Malila

Extensive Gallery [ 2 photos ]

• pdn410-150x110.jpg
  • pdn312-150x110.jpg
p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

View the full article

Haha it would be interesting to see what happened here. 

I'm sure the police would not be too concerned here and were annoyed that they came into the police station. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

I am sure the BIB will do their best to get to the bottom of this case....

Yeah i'm sure the BIB where deeply concerned 555 .

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Third Party

lol! is that a freelance tour guide? tour package in 5 star hotel? .. didnt they check the background of that person  or site were they get those info first. and check the hotel if that person connected on that establishment.. package tour is always cheaper compare if ur going alone. ..  :Think1:  

think when you have time.. :HaHaHa1:

I guess they were booked into this place...

http://www.pattayaparagon.com/index.html

or this place...

http://www.paragonresortpattaya.com/

WTF are they bitching about?  Both places looks pretty nice to me.  They could have ended up like their fellow countrymen who abused their bus driver the other day and found themselves kicked off the bus.

Cheers...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Indian tourists get screwed over worse

<br /><br />Dude I'm not Indian (I'm black) but I get mistaken for Indian all the time! Anything I gotta worry about when I come out there? I don't plan to do any dumb shit like get a package like these tourists did, but anything else? I'm coming in the beginning of 2015 no matter what happens. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sure the BIB will do their best to get to the bottom of this case....

If the Chinese tourists pay them enough money.

And people think the Thais are tired of the farangs.

I am sure some Thais are tired of farangs.  Tired of tourists in general.  I'm sure it can be very frustrating at times.  But it pays the bills so they put up with it.

Gaee lao. mai law doi. Mai ben rai, mee daang!

• 1 month later...

<br /><br />Dude I'm not Indian (I'm black) but I get mistaken for Indian all the time! Anything I gotta worry about when I come out there? I don't plan to do any dumb shit like get a package like these tourists did, but anything else? I'm coming in the beginning of 2015 no matter what happens. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My comment was about the package tourists. You have nothing serious to worry about.

I am sure some Thais are tired of farangs.  Tired of tourists in general.  I'm sure it can be very frustrating at times.  But it pays the bills so they put up with it.

Coming from an area in California that relies pretty heavily on the tourist trade, I can say that, yes, tourists do get to be a bit of a PITA sometimes, no matter where they are from.

However, most of the PITA tourists are the sort of people who are a PITA at work, home, or wherever they are. every barrel has a bad apple or two.

As for these tourists, if the contract said 5 star, and they paid for 5 star, I can see where they are coming from. LK paragon is nice, nicer than I would probably pay for, but it's not fully top end. Good for them IMO to take it to the cops, fraud is a crime, and that's what cops are for, dealing with crime.

Yeah without knowing the details beyond what was posted, I do know from a Chinese friend that there are some rip-offs going on in regards to accomodations promised / price paid, and what was actually delivered.

Last winter I stayed at a place on the wrong side of Sukhumvit road. The hotel was newish and clean and all, but was mostly filled with busloads of tour groups from Russia and from China. I wondered what price they were being charged and how the hotel was being marketed to them. Though clean and decent throughout, it was certainly not five-stat level and was very inconvenient to anywhere.

Yeah without knowing the details beyond what was posted, I do know from a Chinese friend that there are some rip-offs going on in regards to accomodations promised / price paid, and what was actually delivered.

Last winter I stayed at a place on the wrong side of Sukhumvit road. The hotel was newish and clean and all, but was mostly filled with busloads of tour groups from Russia and from China. I wondered what price they were being charged and how the hotel was being marketed to them. Though clean and decent throughout, it was certainly not five-stat level and was very inconvenient to anywhere.

Tour groups do not want to keep their groups in central location.

The whole idea about the tour groups is they are taken to places to eat and see.

Tour company gets a huge cut or owns some or gets a very cheap price from anywhere group is taken to eat or shop,

For example, they all get taken to Gem Factory, and its the only place they get taken. Prices are almost double to anywhere else and tour company gets 50% from all sales.

Gem factory makes a sales pitch, offering 50% of items, but being priced at double people pay the full price without knowing.

If a meal is included by the tour company, they get it at 30-50% cheaper. If group has to pay for what they eat, tour company gets 30%.

Many shops and so called clearance warehouses are owned by the tour company with prices being inflated.

So keeping the group from seeing or speaking to anyone is the main aim.

Archived