IGNORED

What is your ATF phone?

Little Evil

Another thread got me thinking of this question. What was your ATF phone?  

Mine is still my k750i.  That's back when technology used to still impress me. That phone was so ahead of its time. 2MP camera back when everything else was 1.3 tops, dedicated shutter button and lens cover that would turn the camera app on when you opened it, great battery life (like 2 days), a solid MP3 player that got even better when I upgraded to the W800 (practically the same phone with better software and headset), and the holy grail that I can't believe isn't implemented on every phone--the ability to skip MP3 tracks by holding down the volume up/down buttons for a longpress.  So simple, but so effective. I hate waking up my screen just to skip a track. Obviously, phones do a lot more now, but if I have to rank all of the phones I've owned in terms of satisfaction, then that one takes it. 

Nokia N73 - best I've owned before the iPhone came along, and Nokia self-destructed..

What is an atf phone?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Fair question.

All Time Favorite

I'm usually not one for interweb-talk, but I see a lot of this type of short hand on this forum.  People use "atf" on this forum often when talking about barfines, so I figured the majority knew what it meant.  

Nokia N73 - best I've owned before the iPhone came along, and Nokia self-destructed..

I'll give it to you on this one. This is the first phone that gave me phone envy after I bought my w800. The N73 hardware was top notch and S60 was pretty advanced for its time too. I liked most of the N-series back then, but most of those phones outside of the N73 were pretty bulky.  

I never knew what ATF meant either.

My Fav FAV = Favourite 5555 phone was Two Tin Cans with a bit of string pulled tight between then

Hours of fun i had as a lad and lasted ages unless my Bruv was being a knob and pulled to tight then the string broke :-P

Ghosty

My Fav FAV = Favourite 5555 phone was Two Tin Cans with a bit of string pulled tight between then

Hours of fun i had as a lad and lasted ages unless my Bruv was being a knob and pulled to tight then the string broke :-P

Ghosty

Are you like 90 years old? 5555.  I think I saw that on on a silent movie ;)

Samsung galaxy      hands down.

Had a Galaxy S as well.  It did blow my mind after coming from my old G1 (HTC Dream).  Mine came pre-loaded with the movie Avatar which really showcased the futuristic screen (233ppi vs iphone 3GS 163ppi).  I'd probably still be using it if it hadn't gone for a swim in my toilet this past March while trying to shave and read an email at the same time.  I'm on a Nexus 4 now. Good phone, but not nearly as mindblowing of a step as the Galaxy was or the k750i was.  I'm still sticking with the k750i as my ATF though.  

Love my note2. Do my work in the plane now on the note including writing notes on office docs on it instead of laptop. Fits better

Love my note2. Do my work in the plane now on the note including writing notes on office docs on it instead of laptop. Fits better

Do you use a keyboard dock, S-pen or just onscreen keyboard for input?  Just curious, as I couldn't get used to a stylus. I could see using a Note II for work as my primary phone, but I'm just not used to walking around with that large of a phone in my pocket. I do agree that I've pretty much given up on my laptop in recent months and use either my phone or my Nexus 7 tablet these days. I still need a real keyboard for lengthy typing though.  

no6600.gif

Owned it, loved it and many envy it ;)

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

I had to think about what ATF was also but worked it out. :)

I guess mine was my iPhone 3G.

It was the first smartphone I ever owned and it really opened my eyes to the possibilities available on a simple portable device like a phone. 

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

Ghosty

The battery life on that was unsurpassed...lol

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I'll give it to you on this one. This is the first phone that gave me phone envy after I bought my w800. The N73 hardware was top notch and S60 was pretty advanced for its time too. I liked most of the N-series back then, but most of those phones outside of the N73 were pretty bulky.

Yep, I still think fondly of it - had one of the best cameras at the time as well (3.2mpxl) and processed the images to look really exceptionally excellent. All in a very compact candybar design. Yep, S60 was decent and there were some good utils to sync it with a Mac, including iTunes and iPhoto, back then.

Sadly, it was doomed from January 2007 on, and was relegated to my phone drawer with the release of the first iPhone. Never looked back since then - but I held on to my N73 until last year, when I cleaned out that drawer. ;-)

It's really a shame about Nokia self-destructing, but let's be honest, the writing for their self-destruction was on the wall for years prior to 2007, when they have been completely unable to design or produce a functional high-end phone. Ever, really.

:-(

Do you use a keyboard dock, S-pen or just onscreen keyboard for input?  Just curious, as I couldn't get used to a stylus. I could see using a Note II for work as my primary phone, but I'm just not used to walking around with that large of a phone in my pocket. I do agree that I've pretty much given up on my laptop in recent months and use either my phone or my Nexus 7 tablet these days. I still need a real keyboard for lengthy typing though.  

Using polaris 5 and stylus to annote on word/excel and ppt files, ues iAnnote and stylus to do the same on pdf files. Polaris for all doc editing. Use mainly stylus to make notes and must say recognition is quite good

no6600.gif

Owned it, loved it and many envy it ;)

What model was that one? My second phone was a Nokia 5110. Had it after a Motorola Startac.  As funny as it sounds now, the 5 line monochrome screen was a huge jump over the digital alarm clock style display on the Startac.  Plus, I could play Snake. 

IPhone 5, the way I look at it is the one you have now must be the best or you wouldn't upgrade.

IPhone 5, the way I look at it is the one you have now must be the best or you wouldn't upgrade.

Best in terms of current specs might not necessarily be an all time favorite.  The k750i I mentioned is an absolute joke now. 2mp camera. 220x176 resolution 1.8" screen, Memory Stick capped at 2gigs, GPRS at 2G.  However, at the time, I was way ahead of the pack, and I couldn't have been happier with a phone. Yes, I upgraded, and yes my current phone blows that k750i out off the water without breaking a sweat.  But my point is that my current phone is only a slight upgrade from my last phone. I'm happy with it, but not as blown away as I was when I got my k750i.  I guess that's what I was wondering when I asked about ATF.  Being impressed or satisfied with something is relative to that time period.

Nokia N93 was a kick-ass camera for taking upskirt photos around BKK:

n93.jpg

It was my first phone with Wi-Fi and a screen big enough to surf the web on.

up to you

mobile.jpg

This phone got me out of the office and onto the road. I had freedom at last and used it well. My golf handicap dropped to12 and I managed 2 girl friends and a wife with ease.

Those were the days  :GoldenSmile1:

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

What model was that one? My second phone was a Nokia 5110. Had it after a Motorola Startac.  As funny as it sounds now, the 5 line monochrome screen was a huge jump over the digital alarm clock style display on the Startac.  Plus, I could play Snake. 

Nokia 6600 was premium business phone and well ahead of time.

Introduced: 2003 but i got hold in 2005/6

A powerhouse of its time, the 6600 smartphone was the company's most advanced model to date, Sure it resembled a brick, but the 6600 had Bluetooth, the Symbian operating system, an infrared port, a VGA camera, a MultiMediaCard expansion slot, an integrated RealOne player, e-mail, and an XHTML browser.

The nearly identical 6620 was adapted for North American cellular networks, and the 6630 upgraded the feature set in a design with a rounded bottom end. In the riveting 2004 movie "Cellular," Kim Basinger's rescuer spoke to her on a 6600.

Back those days it used to cost 600+ USD and pretty expensive phone but this was celebs fav phone ;)

150px-Nokia6600.jpg Manufacturer Nokia Compatible networks GSMGPRSHSCSD Availability by country 2003—2007 Successor Nokia 6630

Nokia 6681 Related Nokia 6620

Form factor Bar

Dimensions 109 x 58 x 24 mm

Weight 125 g

Operating system S60 2nd Edition on Symbian OS v7.0s

CPU 104 MHz Memory 6 MB internal user storage

Removable storage MMC

Battery BL-5C, 3.7 V, 970 mAh, Li-ion

Display 176x208 (65,536 colours) 2.16" TFT display

Rear camera VGA 640x480, 2x digital zoom

Connectivity Bluetooth & IrDA

This would also be sin if i don't mention Moto Razr, in my eyes this is till date the most gorgeous phone. Simply superb. 

Motorola-RAZR2-V8-01.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

My first phone was Mitsubishi trium i guess if not Ericsson and till today i have that phone. 

10077446.a974e2d176db2afc1071d575dfdaa2d

My wife is a sex object. Every time I ask for sex, she objects..

I don't carry a cell phone. It sits on my desk. It's turned off. I turn it on to check for messages. If it rings I don't answer. I don't have to.

I don't carry a cell phone. It sits on my desk. It's turned off. I turn it on to check for messages. If it rings I don't answer. I don't have to.

No offence, but why did you feel compelled to post?  It is apparent that you have no interest in cell phones, but this topic is "All Time Favorite Phone".  No need to knock something if you have no real input.  Just skip the thread.

Archived