IGNORED

Golf Course Recommendations

Hawkeye

I played golf at a few courses around Pattaya and am planning another trip. Enjoyed Laem Chabang, St. Andrews 2000, Phoenix and Treasure Hill. I have heard good things about Siam Country Club and Burapha but not played them. As time is always limited I would prefer to play the most enjoyable courses in terms of condition, challenge, facilities, etc. and would appreciate member comments on their favorites as a reality check to what tour companies say about courses.

Also would appreciate caddy recommendations if you have any at courses you suggest.

Common sense is not very common.

I have only played the Siam Country club course and it got the thumbs up from me.Nice course and great changing and shower facilities.

Have played Burapha Golf Club it was okay the problem was I just got in from playing courses in Phuket which I thought were much nicer

There are some bars that run outings a few times per week Lewinskis soi 13 was one but the guy left and moved up to Soi Metro

If you ever go to Phuket - Blue Canyon was very nice

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

Think you have probably played the best course Qman, thats Laem Chabang. Think you should try Siam Country Club, I`ve heard it`s good too :Pervert:

Thanks to all for suggestions for courses to fill up the schedule.

I have not ventured outsdie Pattaya and good to hear Phuket has a very nice course. Following on to that thought, what other towns have good particularily courses to consider as a golfing destination?

Common sense is not very common.

Siam CC IMO is now the best course around Pattaya. Laem Chabang held the title forever but for the last 3-4 months the course maintenance has gone down and because of this is now #2. You do not need a member to play Siam but it is expensive.

Nick Faldo designed Emerald gold course in Ban Chang 30 minutes away..Its one of the most challenging courses I've played..Siam CC is also great but you need to be with a member then expect to pay more..Eastern Star also in Ban Chang is beautiful..Not quite as difficult as Emerald but a nice well maintained course..VALUE for your golf dollars is Pattalum Thai Navy course about 20 minutes away..Yes civilians can play this 36 hole course for about 1000 Baht with caddy and cart..Its the BEST value for your golfing money..

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

The 1,000 baht rate is only if you are a Pattaya sports club member, the best value is at Bang Saray, Navy course off sukhumvit Rd , turn right at second bridge after Bang Saray traffic lights green fee 200 Baht for non members, Caady fee 180 baht.

When I played Siam CC I wasn't a member and neither was the guy I played against.This was about 2 years ago but I don't know if the rules have changed now.I think we payed about 2,500 or 3000 baht to play the course,caddy,buggy, hire of clubs and a meal thrown in.I don't know if this is considered expensive as it is the only time ive played in Thailand but it seems pretty decent to me.

My mate is a member at Siam he has told me you can not play

if you are not with a member.If you are a non member you have

to have a cart I think the total cost is 3350b.

There are lots of nice courses here you can get a decent round of golf for 1000b

the other 2k maybe better spent on pussy unless

you are here for the golf and not birds and booze.

You dont need to be with a member to pay Siam, although as stated walk in green fees are on the high side.

Current rates are

Members Guests : Weekday Green Fee 1500 B, Weekend/ Holiday 1600 b, Caddy Fee 250, Golf Cart ( Compulsory ) 600 B

Visitors: Weekday 2500 B, Weekend/ Holiday 3000 b, Caddy Fee 250 B, Golf Cart ( Compulsory ) 600 B

The carts are compulsory for all guets & visitors but members have the option of walking.

The green fees are due to increase on March the 1st. I think that the increase is 100 B across the board.

If you do decide to play the course a booking is essential.

Cheers

When I played Siam CC I wasn't a member and neither was the guy I played against.This was about 2 years ago but I don't know if the rules have changed now.I think we payed about 2,500 or 3000 baht to play the course,caddy,buggy, hire of clubs and a meal thrown in.I don't know if this is considered expensive as it is the only time ive played in Thailand but it seems pretty decent to me.

Bluemoon, if you played there 2 years ago that was the original course. They closed it in March 2006 & completely redesigned it, reopening in March 2007. The course folllows the layout of the original but all new fairways, greens & bunkering & you would not recognise it. They spent is excess of 15 million US on the work & it was carried out by Curly & Schmitt Design group from the states. Curly & Schmitt are also building the new 27 hole course according to last reports should open sometime around March this year.

I have played Siam CC 3 times in the lat 2 months. I am NOT a member and neither were the friends I was playing with. It is around 3000 baht per as earlier mentioned.

• 4 years later...

Siam Country Club and Siam country club Plantation are both good courses for cheap green fees try www.thailandgolfers.com .

Stayed at a golf resort about 20 miles outside Pattaya heading towards Bangkok. Descent course and the resident pro even through in a free pointers for me and my friend, he mostly taught us how to shank the ball into the rough, he was terrible lol