IGNORED

Good sim card data plan for 1 month stay?

Suggestions please...

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned,

Nor hell a fury like a woman scorned."

"The Mourning Bride", William Congreve, 1697

How much data do you use?

True and 12call have prepaid 3g package with unlimited wifi usage and set allowance on 3g at higher speed

Personally i use 12call 1gb for 350 which has always been enough for 3week

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

hi all , i was going to start a thread on this subject , OP please accept my apologies if this is deemed to be thread f**king !!

i will be over in a number of weeks and want a sim with a weeks value of internet access plus phone access back to europe . i would also want to ring (friends ) in thailand . 

i usually get an I.P. card from CAT phone company and can ring back to the mates at will for little or no cost . this card  usually costs 300 baht and gives me  (from memory ) approx 3hours talk time back to europe , therefore i talk to the elderly   father at will. 

my question , is will the same card give me internet (3g) access plus the call facility im used to ????????????????????

for those that know but need their head shaken to remember , ive got the card that you dial 1544 then enter the pin code  plus country code etc etc ..

regards

guiness !!!!!!!!

Hi.

Get a DTAC (Happy) SIM card when you get to town and then get 1000baht credit on your phone.

Once you have this send off the code below for the following package.

650 baht / moth 3GB of 3G. Unlimited EDGE after that. No Wifi Press: *104*23*9#

It's what I use during my longer stays 3-4 weeks.

The extra 350 Baht left over is usually plenty enough for my calls etc for the stay if I don't call overseas.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

DTAC is not economical... DTAC will nickel and dime you (or Satang and Baht you) TRUE or the aforementioned 12-call are far better.

I use the TRUE plan, at 599/699 Baht, which is unlimited data. You have the advantage with TRUE that you can combine iPhone and iPad data plans. Mind you, that's their iPhone special - if you have a non-iPhone, different prices or capacities apply.

'Unlimited' means that the first 3GB are at 4G speeds, and after that, your speed is throttled to 3G speeds. Either way, I never reached, or noticed, that throttle.

Speed and service in Pattaya have been very acceptable on TRUE.

Agree, and to the other person, my 12call works in france but i not use it

download mobile voip, - set 1 of the 5 caller id to your thai number

When dialing thai people with thai number select correct caller id

top up 10 euro (ex vat) and you get 100 days free call to thai mobile and landline, money to be used for txt messages

And when they reply text you get it on your thai sim card :) 

no expensive roaming cost

I have a dtac card, can i switch to true and keep the same number?

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

'Unlimited' means that the first 3GB are at 4G speeds, and after that, your speed is throttled to 3G speeds. Either way, I never reached, or noticed, that throttle.

I didn't know there was 4G in Thailand.

I didn't know there was 4G in Thailand.

'4G' represents HSPA+, with theoretical speeds of 42mbps. It's when your iPhone or iPad displays the '4G' symbol in the menu bar (no idea, nor do I care, what Android displays).

'LTE' is commonly mistaken for 4G, as the various carriers love to describe or claim it is 4G - it's not. It's LTE.

'4G' represents HSPA+, with theoretical speeds of 42mbps. It's when your iPhone or iPad displays the '4G' symbol in the menu bar (no idea, nor do I care, what Android displays).

'LTE' is commonly mistaken for 4G, as the various carriers love to describe or claim it is 4G - it's not. It's LTE.

4G is 4G, HSPA+ is Dual carrier signal of HSDPA or 3.5G

I have a dtac card, short trips I just use the phone data when I'm away from the hotel. longer trips I code in for 1 month unlimited data - cost about 750 baht last christmas.

I use dtac because I have found them to have the best coverage in country areas (isaan). 

I can have this at home............................or this in LOS, thats why I go

post-25755-0-87905900-1355607024.jpg                   post-25755-0-06858900-1359758265.jpg

I use DTAC, pretty good and most package alow to use the phone oversea (usefull if you set a thai bank account). Only downside i found is the wifi option, hard to find one of their hot spot.

All package here :

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

I stand by what I said, as that is what the phone' menu bar displays, and that is what the average user sees, and I explained what the individual displays actually mean - seeing as how there is no '3.5G' indication, the technical realities are irrelevant to average users.

I stand by what I said, as that is what the phone' menu bar displays, and that is what the average user sees, and I explained what the individual displays actually mean - seeing as how there is no '3.5G' indication, the technical realities are irrelevant to average users.

So where leaves that your statement as LTE is LTE as my phone calls that 4G And call HSDP+ DC

Actually it also does not call 2g as 2g but as G (GSM), 2.5g as gprs and 2.75g it called E(edge) so I really do not care what a screen displays. In the end the g only stands for generation

And this was the non technical part of the explanation

But then you listen to all apple tells you? Apple is like a bar girl. They tell what you want to hear. Like calling hsdp+ 4g.

G, E, 3g, 3g+/H+, DC, and then comes 4g. No matter what apple says on the screen

Now we can discuss that 4g as it is currently is a marketing term and not in line with minimal technical requirements for 4g but the ITU accepted to consider them as 4g. Both wimax and LTE

I really do not care what your Apple tells you as she is just like a bar girl. Expensive, pure cosmetics, and non performance when it really counts

My android usually always displays H+ but occasionally reverts back to E

DTAC is not economical... DTAC will nickel and dime you (or Satang and Baht you) TRUE or the aforementioned 12-call are far better.

I use the TRUE plan, at 599/699 Baht, which is unlimited data. You have the advantage with TRUE that you can combine iPhone and iPad data plans. Mind you, that's their iPhone special - if you have a non-iPhone, different prices or capacities apply.

I've had this same experience - used DTAC the first few times and I'd find the phone empty the next morning from roaming data alone. After visiting a phone store in Paragon (I want to say 4th floor, center-end, in front of the escalators) and switching to this TRUE flat-rate, all-you-can-eat , I never was without data (there were a few weak spots where I think their wifi plans would have helped, but very, very few). Very happy with the TRUE service.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, there is a contract for one month with a domestic flatrate?

...all unlimited or similar...including internet, phone calls & SMS

Hi guys, there is a contract for one month with a domestic flatrate?

...all unlimited or similar...including internet, phone calls & SMS

...Have you bothered reading the thread?

...Have you bothered reading the thread?

:wacko:  :wacko: have u read my Post?? ...i need a package including internet,phone calls & SMS!!

including EVERYTHING not only internetflat....

:wacko:  :wacko: have u read my Post?? ...i need a package including internet,phone calls & SMS!!

including EVERYTHING not only internetflat....

Yes, and these unlimited data plans also ALL include phone calls and SMS - and just like all mobile service in Thailand, you top up your voice and SMS credits as you use them (top up cards available at all 7/11). It usually comes with approx. 400 minutes or that many SMS.

How much data do you use?

True and 12call have prepaid 3g package with unlimited wifi usage and set allowance on 3g at higher speed

Personally i use 12call 1gb for 350 which has always been enough for 3week

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

thanks 

Yes, and these unlimited data plans also ALL include phone calls and SMS - and just like all mobile service in Thailand, you top up your voice and SMS credits as you use them (top up cards available at all 7/11). It usually comes with approx. 400 minutes or that many SMS.

nice mate 

I have a dtac card, short trips I just use the phone data when I'm away from the hotel. longer trips I code in for 1 month unlimited data - cost about 750 baht last christmas.

I use dtac because I have found them to have the best coverage in country areas (isaan). 

yeah  

• 2 weeks later...

this time I will buy a DTAC sim card and activate 1 month internet plan. I hope it will be enough for my skype calls

- Sanuk Sanan

Archived