IGNORED

Need some quick guidance

Irishfella

Hello Men. I am currently in Phuket. I return to the UK next Friday and I have decided to spend a few days in Bangkok. I have not researched Bangkok at all as it was never my intention to go.

I would like some advise on a good hotel near to where the action is. I had been reading on another form about that the Nana Plaza was not to good anymore. The Nana hotel has said they have no vacancies anyway. Ive just read about Soi Cowboy so maybe a hotel near here would be handy

Thankyou in advance for your replys!!

Edited by Irishfella

Sorry mate.... if i could help i would but ive only ever spent a couple of days in bkk myself, have you checked the hotels section on here... failing that im sure some other kind bm will be along shortly... enjoy your stay

lots here - Bangkok Hotels

To recommend one near the action - would be Majestic Suites- I booked mine last Friday. right around corner from Nana Plaza - good rooms, guest friendly for about 1650 baht per night

I reckon it's better for hotels in the Nana area, Dynasty Inn, across the road from the Nana , Raja, behind the Nana many others within easy walking distance in Soi 4 and side Sois

You could also try one of the hotels across the road in SukumwitSoi 7/1

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

W. C. Fields

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Men. I am currently in Phuket. I return to the UK next Friday and I have decided to spend a few days in Bangkok. I have not researched Bangkok at all as it was never my intention to go.

I would like some advise on a good Hotel near to where the action is. I had been reading on another form about that the Nana Plaza was not to good anymore. The Nana hotel has said they have no vacancies anyway. Ive just read about Soi Cowboy so maybe a hotel near here would be handy

Try the Stable Lodge on Soi 8 (www.stablelodge.com). It is down Soi 8 about 150-200 yards/meters off Sukhimvit. About 1100 to 1400 a night. Rooms basic (air, large bed, shower, balcony), girl friendly. Most Dutch and Scandanavians as customers there. Restaurant has good northern European food and decent Thai food. As you walk down Soi 8 to Sukhimvit, about 50 meters before you get to Sukhimvit, you will find Lolitas down a side soi for that quick afternoon or evening pick-me-up. When you get to Sukhimvit, turn left, 5 minutes to Nana. Right there at Soi 8 is the lift to the sky train (Nana Station). If you want to go to Soi Cowboy, either, cross Sukhimvit, turn right, and walk about 10 minutes. Or, if you lazy, take sky train from Nana to Asoke station for 15 baht, take the escalator to the underground to walk under Asoke and when you exit on the other side, 25 meters to the right you are at Soi Cowboy. Lots of other small friendly bars along the way as well as well as proximity to restaurants and stands and BTS.

As for the Stable Lodge, I have stayed there occasionally. They will usually take your reservation over the phone if you call them WITHOUT a credit card, etc., Just tell them when you are coming in.

Whoops, didn't read your post completely, I guess this won't help you since you have already returned to UK, but maybe next time or someone else.

Edited by khagai

I would like some advise on a good Hotel near to where the action is. I had been reading on another form about that the Nana Plaza was not to good anymore. The Nana hotel has said they have no vacancies anyway. Ive just read about Soi Cowboy so maybe a hotel near here would be handy

honey house

6 3/4 sukhumvit 22

+662-663-7418-9

this place ruled. cheap (500 baht a night) and very big- ask for the big rooms. very quiet and very nice! i was next door to a bar that kicked ass.

BKK rules. spend more time there than just a couple days.

nana hotel is overrated and expensive. stay cheap!

Stayed 5 days at the Manhatten hotel , Soi 15 off Sukhumvit Road.

Bang in between Soi Cowboy and Nana, and no fee for a joiner.

About 1300 bht per night, including buffet breakfast for 2. Booked on asiarooms.com.

Good for a few days.

Mike S

honey house

6 3/4 sukhumvit 22

+662-663-7418-9

this place ruled. cheap (500 baht a night) and very big- ask for the big rooms. very quiet and very nice! i was next door to a bar that kicked ass.

BKK rules. spend more time there than just a couple days.

nana hotel is overrated and expensive. stay cheap!

My friend who stays at the Honey hotel also gives me positive feedback on it's location and value.

If your primary focus is bars and bargirls, most guys I know are avoiding Bangkok in favor of Pattaya.

Dynty inn Grande is the one for me its got everything and a good gym .

Thai Visa Express

Registered UK Immigration Consultants 

OISC F200700163 UK Immigration Consultants

Impartial UK Immigration Advice - Expect An Honest Visa Assessment - NO Win No Agents Fees.

Web: www.thaivisa-express.com

Face Book : Thaivisaexpressthailand

OISC : https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/office-of-the-immigration-services-commissioner

Email : [email protected]

Tel : 0801022328

Tel :038420313

Tel UK : 020 -0281 -338 -059