IGNORED

airconditioner in cars better version than European ?

hetepatat

I was driving in a HONDA a few times and the interior was really COLD while the airco was just on 1 on not completely cold setting.

In Holland, when i put the ventilator on 4 (maximum) in a Skoda, cold setting on 'as cold as possible', it's a lot more warm inside still and the

car needs a lot of time to cool down.

So i was wondering : does anybody know if the airco units in Honda's on the Thai market are heavier duty ones than the airco units we have in our cars here ?
I would really think about buying a car next time that was meant to be sold in a warmer market , like Spain, Portugal, Italy, etc

Sometimes the worst decisions bring us to the best places

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Barfined a couple of "static" BG but WTF is a static generator?

Seems to be a hoax answer.. Electrostatic generator is a machine that produces sparks ..

Target website shows nothing..

New user,  one post ..    

Edit : topic moved and cleared by mod.

See my trip reports    First time out there  Second trip report   Third trip report 2016

Could be a number of reasons for this.

Age of the car, air con units need regassing from time to time. Perhaps the Skoda unit could do with a service .

Quality - Honda is a premium Japanese brand, I always think of them as the Japanese version of BMW. Skoda is....well it's Skoda, even if now owned by VAG they are still a cheaper brand and hence built to a price. Much better than they used to be though would have been difficult to make worse! Perhaps they scrimp on the A/C unit and you noticed.

That said Honda also build for the mass market. I think they may even have a plant or 2 in Thailand. Perhaps they have scrimped on the A/C unit in that model and the control board is a bit heavy handed?

Temperature difference. If it was 40 degrees in Thailand and A/C brought it down to 18 it would feel like an enormous difference and very cold. Adjusting from 26 degree down to 18 might 'trick' you into thinking the A/C was not as efficient?

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Pepes answer is pretty close as the temp difference is really what you are feeling.

My answer is well...one is a shit box,the other is a Honda.

We have a dedicated technician who takes care of all our AC work,and he says that some vehicles come up or down to temperature more quickly than others.

Honda has very good gear on all their units.Their stuff is good.

If all we had to fix all days were Hondas and Toyotas,my guys would be very happy campers.

I can relate to this opinion and it's easier for me to do as i didn't pick the Skoda myself. It was given to me by my company and i am just using it.
The car i had before, i always had to put the airco on max power constantly to keep the car cool enough. 18 degrees was not a possible target, i think.

It was a european brand too.

Now i have the skoda, the airco is a little better. I can afford to lower the ventilator from 4 to 3 after 40 minutes or so.
But leaving it on position 1 is never an option.

I agree that Honda and Toyota are good cars, maybe better than Mercedes these days. I hope to be able to choose a car brand myself one of these years and I am already sure what it would be or what it wouldn't be.

Temperature difference feels larger : It's possible. I felt really cold in the car and i was considering to ask the driver to make it less cold inside. Never had this experience in Europe before.

Next time i want to carry a thermometer around (really!), to know the temp in the car as well as the hotel... Can compare it to my own car then.
Thanks for your answers !

I find that my aircon in a 5 month old Isuzu is too cold sometimes even at the lowest temp. This is ONLY the case in early morning when its not so hot outside.

However turning it OFF makes it very quickly too hot so the "cold" is the lesser of the two evils.

Option is the get a car that has "climate control" as opposed to straight aircon. My wifes Mazda has this and you simply set the temp you want and it auto blows to maintain that temp at all times. I use 23 and she uses 25.5 :)

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I guess they would be working properly now, these automatic climate control units..   Some years ago, i had one that was not up to the job at all. It was always too warm or too cold inside the car.  So I was not really jumping to repeat this experience...
It was a single level half automatic unit, not the one with all the electronics ets..   Must have been working with a normal probe, more mechanical, i assume.

A good working climate control is a blessing though.      For me, last days in this part of Netherlands have already been to warm for me !

Archived