IGNORED

!st Time Pattaya

Scotron11

Hi Folks

Will be making my 1st trip to LOS/Pattaya Feb 22-Mar 09. From browsing this forum have picked up tons of great info (Cheers!)

Will be flying Emirates from Glasgow arriving BKK around 1700. After reading some reviews have booked Honey Inn at 800BHT

incl beakfast. Good choice?? Is it a good idea to use any of the hotel car services or just get one at BKK on arrival?? (I know

there are hundreds of hotels/guest houses in Pats...is it better to stay one place or move around??)

So, arrival Friday night on February 22nd. Where would you reccommend as a 1st stop??

Cheers!!

Can schedule a car pickup for 1200 baht with someone standing with a sign for you, or spend 150 baht on the bus that will also deliver you/pick you up from your hotel and the north bus station in Pattaya. The problem with buses is they don't run 24x7, so if you arrive too late for their last bus, your options become limited.

When lazy and in a big, big hurry, I've opted for the former.

Still making my own short list of places to stay in Pattaya; haven't stayed in Jomtien yet.

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

You should be ready to hit the town around 9pm I would think.

I would go to soi 7 and 8. and have a wander around there.

2nd rd is the main rd at the bottom of your soi turn right

7 and 8 are 5min walk on the left.You will pass a few bars to

look at on the way.

Be careful if you walk on the left side of the road

the is a little dark stretch before the new condos

a few ladyboys hang around there trying to dip your pockets.

Edited by Gerry

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Folks

Will be making my 1st trip to LOS/Pattaya Feb 22-Mar 09. From browsing this forum have picked up tons of great info (Cheers!)

Will be flying Emirates from Glasgow arriving BKK around 1700. After reading some reviews have booked Honey Inn at 800BHT

incl beakfast. Good choice?? Is it a good idea to use any of the hotel car services or just get one at BKK on arrival?? (I know

there are hundreds of hotels/guest houses in Pats...is it better to stay one place or move around??)

So, arrival Friday night on February 22nd. Where would you reccommend as a 1st stop??

Cheers!!

I've never stayed at the Honey Inn so don't know how good it is, but reviews are pretty good, and location is good.

Especially for your first trip I would recommend you use a service to pick you up at the airport, saves a whole lot of hassle and uncertainty. Mr. Toom is pretty well known and reliable, charges 1200 Baht. You can do a search here and will find his email addy. There are others, some a bit less expensive, some more, but Mr. Toom does seem to be among the most reliable.

Where to go first, hmmm, Soi 7 and/or 8 is not a bad suggestion at all. It sounds like you are travelling solo, so I suggest look around the board for some sort of event/party going on that night - if there are any it would be a great way to meet some BMs. If there are none, then head for one of the frequently mentioned bars, good chance you will meet some BMs anyway, and even if not, if it is a bar mentioned frequently on here, it will be one of the better/safer ones. Cherry Bar on Soi 8 would be a good choice, Adam (Hammer on the board) is a good host and would help answer some of the multitude of questions that will have already flooded your mind. Enjoy.

Rick

Hi mate,

Never stayed at Honey Inn so can't really comment on that. I always stay in The LEK hotel (Soi 13 / 2nd road)

As to get from the airport to Pattaya I can see 2 options as you are arriving in the late afternoon,

Option 1: Get a hotel for one night in BKK (Nana Plaza is a good place to start) get there, have a shower and hit Bangkok for the night.

Option 2: When arriving, go to the DEPARTURE area, and find a cab there. There are enough cab drivers from Pattaya dropping people off

so you will be able to make a deal with one of them.

Note: Do NOT go with a cab driver in the arrivals area as 9 out of 10 times they will try to rip you off, by trying to charge you 2500 - 3000 Bath for a trip to Patts.

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

dont sound like your spending to much on accomadation if your gonna get a taxi from airport make sure the driver knows wat your gonna pay first 1000-1500 baht is about right.soi 7 soi 8 good there a bar called sams bar plays good club music on soi 8 ,walking street is buzing.other than that be careful until you get to know the place and most of all enjoy yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

honey inn was a bit run down when a mate stayed there last xmas but was told it was in for a revamp about March time,,, best of luck mate

<p>