IGNORED

advice on passport expiry..

Brassmaster

I am going to thailand on the 11th nov for 150 days returning end of march 2014, i will be getting a 90 day tourist visa with 3 entry's which is fine and have done similar in previous years.

My question is about my passport that expires end of june 2014, so when i initially leave the uk i have nearly 8 months left on it but on the 2nd and 3rd re-entries i won't have  the required 6 month cushion that you need when leaving the uk and entering thailand.

Will they take into account that i leave the uk with 8 months until expiry and my returning flight is 6/7 weeks before my passport expires or, when i return from my border run thai customs will not let me back in??

Obvious answer is get a new passport and not take the risk, but as stupid as it sounds i want to fill the last few remaining empty pages...

thanks in advance, brassmaster

Should all be fine Matey, Biggest issue that I see may be the Airline who may make a thing of it as you supply API when Booking Flights and this shows up in their system. Some I think make more of a thing about it than normal.

I would go for the New Passport and pay a bit extra for added pages which I think I am correct in saying you can still do

Ghosty

A few year back I got stopped at check in in Munich flying back to UK cos I didn't have 6 month left on my passport. They let me fly but only just.

I checked with the passport office and there view is it runs out on the day it states, but most countries require you to have at least 6 months left, this includes when you leave the country you have travelled to.

Get a new one.

I checked with the passport office and there view is it runs out on the day it states, but most countries require you to have at least 6 months left, this includes when you leave the country you have travelled to.

Get a new one.

Agree +1

Should all be fine Matey, Biggest issue that I see may be the Airline who may make a thing of it as you supply API when Booking Flights and this shows up in their system. Some I think make more of a thing about it than normal.

I would go for the New Passport and pay a bit extra for added pages which I think I am correct in saying you can still do

Ghosty

A few year back I got stopped at check in in Munich flying back to UK cos I didn't have 6 month left on my passport. They let me fly but only just.

Get a new one.

Thanks guys, don't really see the point in having to have 6 months left to fly, even if you're going home but anyway... looks like i'm getting a new passport....

Thanks again, brassmaster

get your new passport before you go. as you are british they will credit you with the extra time on your new passport [expires 10 years from the date your old one expires ]so you get more than ten years

any holes a goal

I am going to thailand on the 11th nov for 150 days returning end of march 2014, i will be getting a 90 day tourist visa with 3 entry's which is fine and have done similar in previous years.

My question is about my passport that expires end of june 2014, so when i initially leave the uk i have nearly 8 months left on it but on the 2nd and 3rd re-entries i won't have  the required 6 month cushion that you need when leaving the uk and entering thailand.

Will they take into account that i leave the uk with 8 months until expiry and my returning flight is 6/7 weeks before my passport expires or, when i return from my border run thai customs will not let me back in??

Obvious answer is get a new passport and not take the risk, but as stupid as it sounds i want to fill the last few remaining empty pages...

thanks in advance, brassmaster

Will be fine mate, had customers come back in after a visa run with only 2 months left to go on their passport, the reason they do not make a big deal of it is they are aware you could if needed get a passport whilst in Thailand so you will be fine.

Posted Image

Archived