Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Smoking ban for pubs from 17 Feb

Scumbag

Smoking ban set for pubs, outdoor markets

(BangkokPost.com) - Smoking will be banned in all air-conditioned entertainment venues throughout the country next month, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

The new ban, expected to be imposed on Feb 17, will stop smokers from smoking in nightclubs, pubs and open-air markets including the Chatuchak weekend market, said Dr Hatai Chitanond of the ministry's Health Promotion Institute.

"We believe there will be some resistance from operators of nightclubs and pubs because they may fear the ban will reduce their customers," he said. "I'm willing to talk to them more about the ban if they rally."

Outdoor restaurants will be required to set up nonsmoking areas.

Those breaking the restrictions will face a fine of 2,000 baht.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

More coffe money fore the police .

Us non-smokers should be so lucky. When the alcohol bans were on for a couple nights before the election, the customers who couldn't drink also didn't smoke much. The air was clear, the girls were happy their hair didn't stink, and I could stand to stay in a go-go for more than 30 minutes. I thought enforcement would be a problem in restaurants when that ban was put in place. Instead, it seems to be working well.

I agree with Bolton that its good news for us non smokers. But i would bet that it won't be enforced in anyway in Pattaya.

Testicles

GOtta admit, I'll be looking forward to doing the go-gos a lot more without the smoke! It's the main reason I tend to do the outdoor bars more than the aircon ones. Freedom at last! :D

What do we talk about?

"to smoke" = inhaling the fume of cigarettes

or

"to smoke" = giving head...

;o)

Back to topic: I like it the new way, because these damn aircons go on my nerves so much, if You add the dust from the smokers procedure, it gets really odd.

And! In clubs such as "Insomnia" [thek] i always fear to get burned by those drunk smokers, holding their cigis carelessly...

So: Great times are about to cum for me! ;)

dont sound too good to me would affect trade

Really? Do people go to bars in Pattaya to smoke cigarettes (to avoid confusion :D ), or do they go to meet women? They go to meet women, of course. And if all the bars in town are under the same restrictions, then there should be no net loss. If anything, the indoor bars are likely to do better, as the non smokers are less likely to stay away.

As for general business in Pattaya, it's not in the business of providing a place for people to smoke and relax after work -- it's in the business of providing adult entertainment. And people will come regardless of any smoking bans.

Really? Do people go to bars in Pattaya to smoke cigarettes (to avoid confusion :P ), or do they go to meet women? They go to meet women, of course. And if all the bars in town are under the same restrictions, then there should be no net loss. If anything, the indoor bars are likely to do better, as the non smokers are less likely to stay away.

As for general business in Pattaya, it's not in the business of providing a place for people to smoke and relax after work -- it's in the business of providing adult entertainment. And people will come regardless of any smoking bans.

Exactly. All the restaurant/bar owners around here said the new smoking ban would kill their business. Instead, more people came out and stayed longer, giving them a big net gain.

so is this smoking ban just in Bangkok or is Pattaya affected also? Being a non-smoker, I have enjoyed the non-smoking laws in California. I know that they are trying to get some of the same laws in Las Vegas

Apparently it is for AIR CONDITIONED BARS AND RESTAURANTS. Open air bars will have non-smoking seating available.

From Google News:

Smokers in Thailand will soon be banned from lighting up in nightclubs, pubs, and open-air markets, the Public Health Ministry has said.

The new ban, scheduled to take effect Feb. 17, will apply to all air-conditioned entertainment venues, toughening earlier restrictions that affected only air-conditioned restaurants, said Hatai Chitanond of the ministry's Health Promotion Institute.

Smokers violating the ban will be fined 2000 Baht.

:D

Very, Very, Very old joke

Fred:

A question " Do you smoke after sex?"

Albert

Answer "I don't know I've never looked"

:P

"Women are like elephants. I like to look at 'em, but I wouldn't want to own one."

W. C. Fields

Guess the cameras in clubs and bars will come into play on this. Will be interesting to see how the ban will go. Good thing I dont smoke cigs.

The most unfair thing about life is the way it ends. I mean, life is tough. It takes up a lot of your time. What do you get at the end of it?

A death. What's that, a bonus ? I think the life cycle is all backwards.

You should die first, get it out of the way. Then you live in an old age home. You get kicked out when you're too young, you get a gold watch, you go to work.

You work forty years until you're young enough to enjoy your retirement.

You do drugs, alcohol, you party, you get ready for high school. You go to grade school, you become a kid, you play, you have no responsibilities.

You become a little baby, you go back into the womb, you spend your last nine months floating... you finish off as an orgasm.

It's perfect !

Guess the cameras in clubs and bars will come into play on this. Will be interesting to see how the ban will go. Good thing I dont smoke cigs.

Stickman today says it starts on Feb. 11th. Can't wait. Hope it is at least enforced enough to stop the cigar smoking. I'll be able to breathe in Rainbow 1 and Angelwitch again.

it's good but with delay

I always didnt go to pattaya discos due to many smokers and i couldn't breath there

Edited by flyx

Smoking ban set for pubs, outdoor markets

(BangkokPost.com) - Smoking will be banned in all air-conditioned entertainment venues throughout the country next month, according to the Ministry of Public Health.

The new ban, expected to be imposed on Feb 17, will stop smokers from smoking in nightclubs, pubs and open-air markets including the Chatuchak weekend market, said Dr Hatai Chitanond of the ministry's Health Promotion Institute.

"We believe there will be some resistance from operators of nightclubs and pubs because they may fear the ban will reduce their customers," he said. "I'm willing to talk to them more about the ban if they rally."

Those breaking the restrictions will face a fine of 2,000 baht.

I used to be a smoker and have quit. Quit means I dont smoke except on vacations. I understand this law and support it, but here is my question.

Can I still smoke at the open air beer bars?

My GF mentioned this ban on the phone. I told her that I thought it wouldn't be enforced. She seemed to think that it will be. Perhaps there is stuff in the Thai media about this and they will enforce it.

Personally I would love for them to enforce it in the enclosed venues. I have no problems with people smoking in the open beer bars but not in enclosed bars as the ventilation is never good enough.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....