Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Any feedback for Ibis Pattaya?

ringadingding

I am planning to book it for my July trip.

Has anyone stayed in Ibis Pattaya?

How was your stay? 

Any feedback will be helpful.

I used to stay there when I first came to town. Only 1 block down Soi 2 to beach road, the sand and the baht-buses. The Big C supermarket is virtually across Second road, with the beer bars up near the circle close by, and also the big McDs if you want western (trust me—you can do better). Good location if a little out of the action.

The hotel: Clean, modern and well-lit, with a very good buffet, nice pool and girl friendly (1 girl - her permit stays at the desk and they call up to make sure all's good). Rooms are a bit on the small side - Hard Rock-style small, around 20-25 sq/m - but each room has a terrace, the bathrooms are modern and everything was in excellent condition. 

Downsides: Many families there, mostly asian or indian, given the time of year. VERY long, well-lit walk-of-shame in the mornings. Per-hour WiFi which became the reason I no longer go back. 

Alternative: Baboona Beachfront Living - far nicer rooms & bigger baths (enough for 4… :wink:  ), no pool but directly across from the beach. Decent brunch breakfast included in rate (when I was there), free wifi and still girl-friendly. Check out my review of the place.

(edited for grammar & an alternative)

Thanks Wooffie. Good wifi is quite important for me. I will skip it. I was only keen due to being member of Accor group.

I have stayed there before and everything Woofiee stated is spot on... Plus another reason to look elsewhere is the fact that there is a condo or hotel being constructed right behind the Ibis.... at one point it seems they where on a 24hour schedule but lately I noticed they have slowed down or ran out of funds and simple stopped...

Archived