Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Is there a part of the beach I can go and not have to deal with all the food vendors.

Isr255

Jomtien is a great area except for all the vendors when I'm trying to enjoy the beach.... Any suggestions?

Hi 

Vendors are a part of life  on the beach ..... they are not pushy, a simple wave of the hand or no thanks and they leave you alone ...We talked to a lot of vendors and in the end welcomed the morning smile and recognition we got from them .... we shared a good laugh.its all a good part of beach life in Thailand.

• 6 months later...

really food vendors are a problem for you here where a set of ear phones they will ignore you

Just pretend to be asleep or read a book, or just flat out ignore them.

I hate the ones that come by in the evening when im sitting in the bar.

The gypsy looking ones with the hats, selling necklaces and bracelets. Now those can be annoying bastards.

in jomtien if you go south (away from pattaya) far enough, ie past the T intersection, there will be no vendors, but also no umbrella/beach chairs either. just quiet beach. It's where the windsurfers go to have fun. As you can imagine by that comment though, it can be very windy down there.

Do not find the vendors a problem,just don't make eye contact and if they stop to show you what they have just simply say MY OLD CAP and they will walk on .

Had a newbie come to Jontiem beach with me for the first time a couple of years ago and he would look at the vendors and what they were selling and moan that they were all hassling him ! !

• 2 months later...

I hate to give away a secret BUT i will. I have a collection of those signs you put on your hotel door when you don't wish to be disturbed. One side says "Do not disturb" in English and in Thai. Stick one of these on your toe or in plain view at the front of your beach chair. This will greatly reduce the number of hawkers disturbing you (they will often give you a smile as they pass). Persistent hawkers may need the sign pointed out to them and will then move off!

Cheers,

Ronno

Archived