IGNORED

Learn Thai With Mod

whitelotuslane

I had to laugh at this site.   It's actually solid, serious Thai lessons, nothing untoward, but it's kind of cute in the way some of the pics are shown.

https://www.facebook.com/learnthaiwithmod 

(There is a website and youtube vids too for anyone who's allergic to Facebook.)

Several days and counting.

imho nothing to laugh about ... simple stuff, easy to follow and to learn ... can't get any better

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Pretty cool stuff. Years ago, I had to learn to read and write the hard way from a book to communicate with my GF and do business via fax in Thailand. No internet, cassette tapes, CDROMs or local teachers. Thai learners today have it so easy. I can still understand a fair portion of the language but my speaking skills have fallen. Maybe I should brush up with Mod before my next trip.

Mod has taught me a lot with her lessons. 

She is funny and cute also which helps make learning a little easier. :)

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

im sorry but I couldn't learn a thing of her.to busy daydreaming about fucking her.she is nice

is she still on youtube ? thought her account had been wiped

i can resist anything , apart from temptation

imho nothing to laugh about ... simple stuff, easy to follow and to learn ... can't get any better

I know. I'm easily amused. ;)

Several days and counting.

is she still on youtube ? thought her account had been wiped

she has a new one: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxf3zYDZw9NjUllgsCGyBmg

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

• 1 month later...

She has been around for years and is older than she looks.

Her lessons are good but strictly newbie level.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I work for the Night Wish group and The Pattaya News in Pattaya, Thailand. I run monthly meetups and bar crawls.. I also run the weekly Newbie Wednesday meetup sessions at Sexy in the City on Soi 6. Sexy in the City is located across from Queen Victoria Inn. 

• 5 months later...

I looked at her site today.  She charges 900 Baht an hour ($27 USD) for Thai lessons online.  This is an outrageously high price though I admit she is a beauty.  By comparison, one can find a 30-50 hour online Thai course for 5000-7000 Baht, though quality of teacher will vary.  I have a teacher in Chiang Mai who teaches me Bangkok/Central Thai.  It is probably best to find a teacher on the ground and sample a few and take a few trial lessons before committing to online learning.  One can also do this online and see if you "click" with the teacher and whether he or she is teaching you in a way you can learn.  Of course, as this web site notes, learning a language can be done in myriad ways and it is best to use a teacher and other resources such as LearnThai podcast ($routinely offers 5 year membership specials for $97 and is filled with thousands of audio and video clips that can teach you how to speak/read Thai) and there are many good apps for IOS systems or Android to fit one's skill level, also many decent books.  Learning simple music via youtube songs or listening to Thai TV or radio broadcasts is another useful resource.  A good teacher, though, should be the lynchpin and main source for your learning.  Mod may be very good but for those prices she should teach in the buff :)

The high price is probably because she is known by pretty much everybody who has tried to learn Thai by watching videos on Youtube. A celebrity in a certain sense, you could say :P

• 8 months later...

I'd be too distracted to learn from Mod ''the hottie''...wow she's cute!

yeah MOd is hot! hey Xylanic if you read this 1. roughly how old is she?  2. is she taken/ a lesbo? [just a hunch with teh 2nd one]

I really like this other teacher for thai lessons...good English and really explains things well and highlights how people really talk: 

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

• 10 months later...

Too many free help aids, CDs videos and the like on line... If you prefer a live tutor more power to you... I've learned quite a little Tagalog and smidgen of Thai searching the Internet, you tube and FRIENDS

• 1 year later...

IN SP1's link above, that is Kru Wee.  She is cute though not as hot as Mod (or her Issan associate Kruu Pair, lol) but she charges $20 per hour and is a good teacher.  After researching teachers online I have come to realize that $20-30 US dollars per hour has become the norm, so I stand corrected in saying Kruu Mod is overpriced.  Youtube has a variety of teachers with a lot of useful free video tips.  I probably need an uglier Kruu than Kruu Mod so I can concentrate on my studies and not on boning my teacher :GoldenSmile1:.  Poster Mahal above is right that there is a plethora of free or quite cheap resources these days (and a Thai GF does not hurt).  It is probably worth it to hire a teacher because most will teach you subtleties of the language not found in grammar books and Youtube clips--but these days a teacher or formal school study can be augmented with various learning materials that are less costly.

• 1 year later...

Age be damned, Kru Mod is Hot! I find having a teacher I wanna bang helps me during boring grammar lessons, however the downfalls are Mods slang video is one I watch often (she looks Real Hot in that one!) when I should be brushing up on basics!

Any Thai language YouTube babes as hot ot Hotter than Kru Mod?

Will have to have a look.

Archived