IGNORED

Sabai lodge or Sandy Springs Hotel

bongoz

tring to decide which hotel,,,,,,,,I stayed at the Sabai Lodge and liked it but was looking at a standard room with balcony at the Sandy Springs.,,, like a good bed and some quiet time when you want to sleep...............any suggestions....................looks like I repeated myself again :o

Edited by LaaMok

• 4 weeks later...

stayed at sandy springs last july

very comfortable

room was great and staff looked after me really well

choice of menues from places either side (the haven hotel and/or the sportsman bar) who delivered to sandy springs

intending to stay there again this july

stayed at sandy springs last july

very comfortable

room was great and staff looked after me really well

choice of menues from places either side (the haven hotel and/or the sportsman bar) who delivered to sandy springs

intending to stay there again this july

Did the rooms have in room safes?

Testicles

I stayed at Sandy Springs in Oct. of 2006, the room was nice, maid service was good and the place was very friendly. I am booked at Sabia Lodge in March of 2008, I wanted to try and force myself to spend some time in the beer bars away from Walking Street. Last year I stayed at Secrets (great place) but I never left Walking Street. I have booked a Ruan Thai suite for $70.00/night through Agoda.com, significantly less that Asiarooms was trying to charge.

I stayed at Sandy Springs in Oct. of 2006, the room was nice, maid service was good and the place was very friendly. I am booked at Sabia Lodge in March of 2008, I wanted to try and force myself to spend some time in the beer bars away from Walking Street. Last year I stayed at Secrets (great place) but I never left walking street. I have booked a Ruan Thai suite for $70.00/night through Agoda.com, significantly less that Asiarooms was trying to charge.

Just my personal opinion......Sandy Springs. As we say in real estate, location location location. samuijim

Avatar...Hillary says to Bill, let's name her Monica

I sent Sandy Springs an email asking a few questions. Wanted to know about in room safes, how much internet was and if they had any deals on accomodation in April. Got the below reply.

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your e-mail. You should visit our webside

www.sandyspringhotel.com for details.

Regards,

Warin

Piss poor reply IMHO.lf they can't be assed answering some basic questions i can't be assed staying at thier hotel. The website doesnt state anything about how much the internet costs, doesnt mention deals and is vague about safes. Gives a very poor impression.

Testicles

try the Sabia Resort I'm staying there in march. they at least repond to email properly. i asked them about internet and room rates and they gave me a lower room rate then what was on the website. now if everything works out is that will be great. if not i'll just find another hotel when i'm there

The Sabai people seem to be pretty on the ball as far as e-mails are concerned. When booking a room in the Sabai Wing by e-mail for my trip in March/April I usually had a reply to any mails within hours. Got a 30% discount on the room rate as well just by asking nicely. I don't know if one person deals with reservations for all the hotels in the group but I've certainly been impressed with the service so far.

I booked a deluxe room (overlooking the pool with a sea view) at the Sandy Spring during my first trip and left after 2 days (moved to The Whitehouse Condotel just up the Soi). At that time there were no in-room safes, just safety deposit boxes behind reception which closed at 23.00. The advertised wi-fi access was so bad as to be unusuable and both the room and it's furnishings had clearly seen better days.

Since then I've always stayed at The Whitehouse with the exception of my last trip when I stayed at the LK Renaissence. I'm staying at the Sabai Wing this time because I want a bit of a change from the Walking Street scene and fancy having a look at some of the bars around the Soi 2 area.

I give a big thumbs up to the Sandy Springs. Stayed there everytime I was in Patts. Their deluxe room is great, maid service excellent and staff friendly. Even though the safe deposit boxes are behind the check in desk, you need two keys to open it, the one they give you and the one they keep. Good internal control. The central location can't be beat, and it totally quiet at night.

I think Sabai Lodge is more and more older, that's very good for the 4 swiming pool, but for the rooms you can find better for sure.

I would vote for Sandy Springs. It's a quiet area and yet right in the middle of things. The rooms are a bit old but in a proper hotel kind of a way; comfortable. The pool is nice and secluded, the staff are friendly but not intrusive. I had a really nice stay.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone stayed in one of the suites at Sandy Springs.. are they worth the extra money?

Also do they have a walk-in shower?

staying at sabai lodge on this trip and have done a few times before, never had any problems

hotel is probably abit old but it suits my needs and seems to be popular so must be doing many things right

having the choice of pools is quite cool too

sabai lodge is a great hotel. Highly recommended by myself