IGNORED

BKK to Siem Reap

patman322

seems like there is a bit of monopoly going on to Siem Reap. Any other ideas for cheaper flights that I am missing? short of going through Phnom Penh. I was looking at flying in November.

Cambodia Angkor Air sometimes have better value like at present but for November their prices are similar to Bangkok Air, however there is another new Cambodian airline due to start soon so maybe the competition will bring the prices down again by November!

there is a direct bus service now from bangkok to siem reap i imagine around 10 hours

cool. thank you both for the help!

I went by land from Pattaya and it was 6 hours on a private mini-van. 

By private mini-van, do you mean you drove the van yourself?  Had a friend drive you?

I took private car with driver to Poi Pet from Pattaya, then a taxi from the other side... Coming back I took a bus, never again will I do that.

Fly if you can afford it, or go overland one time for the experience I guess...  but the time it takes overland is not worth the savings versus flying in my opinion...

Angkor Wat was amazing, and definitely worth the trip.

Have fun!

Archived