IGNORED

Non-competitive golf rounds Pattaya

sn friendly

Hi there,

when I'm coming to Patts I like to play a non-comp golf round each day of the week except the weekend.

Now I've heard of the Golf Club in LK Metro, ThaiGerLine Golfers and GolfAsian

I am from Germany, but do not have any problems with golfers from other countries

Is there any recommendation for me ? Where can I store my bag, or should I bring back the bag to my condo each day ?

If you stick with the same group they will generally store your clubs for you. great blokes at Golf Club but very competitive and don't tolerate slow play. Thaigers have plenty of room so probably would store as well.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Around the corner from the Golf Club on soi Lenkee, Le Katai, I think that's its name, play everyday non-comp golf. Good courses and no comp fees.

Golf Club but very competitive and don't tolerate slow play. Thaigers have plenty of room so probably would store as well.

Too bad that Golf Club is very competitive ... I like to play fast ;) 9 holes in a 2-ball in less than 1:30h, 18 holes in the same 2-ball no more than 3:30

without cart, only trolleys as I do not like to carry the bag

Sugar shack on Pattayaland goes Mondays,Wednesdays,Fridays.Non competitive and they leave at 08.30-09.00.

BTW,Golf Club isn't that competitive.Its only 300 baht for Tournemant.Geez.

Too bad that Golf Club is very competitive ... I like to play fast ;) 9 holes in a 2-ball in less than 1:30h, 18 holes in the same 2-ball no more than 3:30

Tell them you don't want in their comp and they will look after you.y competitive I mean they hate cheats and respect the game.  Compulsory caddies most courses. They may have their own trolley or if not hire one for them. Otherwise they will carry for you.  Some of the courses under 4 hours is real good for a 4 ball because they are very hard courses to play. If you get koreans in front 5 hours.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Some of the courses under 4 hours is real good for a 4 ball because they are very hard courses to play. If you get koreans in front 5 hours.

LOL, I see koreans behave the same all over the world ...

Thanks for your advice, I'm very sure to hit the Golf Club at least for their steak nights, but maybe as well for golfing.

My list of to-do's is growing day by day

- visit Nightwish

- visit Sapphire

- Golf Club

hopefully will find some BM's to talk when I'm there

• 2 weeks later...

You mentioned Thaigerline and here are my comments:

-it is non-competitive

-most of their customers are German

-from Nov-March, they go every day at 9 and 11 am

-they will store your clubs

If you play out of one of the bars, they usually they only go out 2-3 times a week.(Lekatai goes 5 days)  Some store clubs, some don't.  Most of them charge a competition fee and membership to PSC or IPGC needed.(quite cheap though) 

If it is my first time to Pattaya to golf, I would go with Thaigerline.  If I am in Pattaya for a longer period of time, I would find a bar group I enjoy playing with.  I only play 2-3 times a week, and play out of one of the bars.  The bars are a friendlier and more social environment.

Also, if you decide to take your clubs back to condo each day, make sure that it will be easy for you to walk from Thaigerline or the bar you wish to play from.(or on baht bus route)

I can also recommend Thaigerline, no competion (nobody forcing you to bet), good service, stroring your clubs, close to LK Metro area.

I would say about 50% players there are Germans, but I wouldnt care (unless you want to speak in your own language)

It all depends on the speed of play of the groups in front of the one you're with how quick you'll get round. I wouldn't plan on a quick round while in Thailand or you might end up disappointed. Enjoy it for what it is whether it be a competitive round or not. It's golfing paradise so find a good sociable group and just make the most of it.

In my opinion you will probably get round as quick if not quicker with The golf club than Le Katai. The normal reason for playing non-competitive golf is that they don't have a handicap or have never played before, (I know not in all cases before I get picked up on it) which could make it a longer round. 

All the groups i've played with are pretty sociable and will usually put players of similar abilities together.

Caddies are compulsory but carts aren't usually so they'll sort out getting your clubs around. Never played with Thaigerline but it sounds an ideal fit for you from what the other posters have said.

German is  one of the few nationalities I can't remember playing with at The Golf Club. They're pretty diverse too as the last group I played with there was an Icelander, a Japanese and a Swiss. Mainly Americans, Canadians, Aussies and Brits tho.

Maybe I was wrong with the "non-competitive", I do not want to change my HCP,neither to the better, nor to the worse. Here in germany, when playing competitive your Handicap will be adjusted and I want to keep the Handicap.

Betting and playing for the next couple of beers is ok and highly recommended, I want to have a visit overloaded with fun, so I'm looking for fun-rounds of golf, too.

and in addition, if "non-competitive" means to play with noobs, i want to play competitive ;)

In my opinion I do not have a problem with a language barrier, in spain I've played with US-Guys, Brits, Icelandics and it was pure fun.

You have the option of Thaigerline for fun golf.  If you want to play more competitively(with a social element) then I would visit both the Pattaya Sports Club and International Pattaya Golf Club websites.  From there you can determine which bars host golf and maybe chose one that is close for you to walk to from your condo.  You will need to get a membership(quite cheap) to one of the organizations.  Sign up prior to golf date and speak to one of the host organizers.  For each round, you will need to pay a competition fee, so either provide a h/c card, tell them your h/c or they will take a h/c from 3 rounds of golf.  They mostly play a stableford system.  Handicaps are entered and adjusted by the organizers.

As mentioned, pick a host bar that is close to your condo; after a long day in the sun, beers afterward(and maybe during) you don't want to deal with transport issues or carrying your clubs a long distance back to your room.  I'm sure members here will have suggestions if they know the general area you are staying.

You have the option of Thaigerline for fun golf.  If you want to play more competitively(with a social element) then I would visit both the Pattaya Sports Club and International Pattaya Golf Club websites.  From there you can determine which bars host golf and maybe chose one that is close for you to walk to from your condo.  You will need to get a membership(quite cheap) to one of the organizations.  Sign up prior to golf date and speak to one of the host organizers.  For each round, you will need to pay a competition fee, so either provide a h/c card, tell them your h/c or they will take a h/c from 3 rounds of golf.  They mostly play a stableford system.  Handicaps are entered and adjusted by the organizers.

As mentioned, pick a host bar that is close to your condo; after a long day in the sun, beers afterward(and maybe during) you don't want to deal with transport issues or carrying your clubs a long distance back to your room.  I'm sure members here will have suggestions if they know the general area you are staying.

Good advice.

You forgot one thing though.After you join the PSC,run your handicap through the roof,and then shoot net 63 in some Monthly medal somewhere.lol.

You have the option of Thaigerline for fun golf. ........

I'm sure members here will have suggestions if they know the general area you are staying.

yeah, I think that I will give Thaigerline a try,

I am located in View Talay 6 in Pattaya, and as far as I see it is a 15min walk from there to Thaigerline. In the morning it will be a nice walk, in the evening there are some bars in between to divide the walk ;)

check out Dave at the Kroneberg on soi diana.they have a group going regular there. you don't have to bet if you don't want to -if you do it's only 250 baht. they store your clubs there -no charge. it's close to where you are staying at view talay 6. they all speak english there.

I also have stayed at View Talay 6 the last 2 years.  You can also play out of Rabbi's Elephant Bar which is almost a direct walk from your condo through all the bar beers from 2nd road to Soi Buakhao.  It is part of IPGC.  And yes you wander back past the bar beers about the time many of the girls show up to work.

Thaigerline is a bit of a hike back in the evening when traffic is busier.  You can always try to grab a baht bus but it seems like fewer go north on Buakhao than south.  You can also stop at Pook Swan for a beer on the way back.  You may have lost some balls on the golf course but I'm sure you will find a few more there.

I assume you will be in Pattaya during the time that Thaigerline runs their daily golf program?(Nov-Mar)

I also have stayed at View Talay 6 the last 2 years. You can also play out of Rabbi's Elephant Bar which is almost a direct walk from your condo through all the bar beers from 2nd road to Soi Buakhao. It is part of IPGC. And yes you wander back past the bar beers about the time many of the girls show up to work.

Thaigerline is a bit of a hike back in the evening when traffic is busier. You can always try to grab a baht bus but it seems like fewer go north on Buakhao than south. You can also stop at Pook Swan for a beer on the way back. You may have lost some balls on the golf course but I'm sure you will find a few more there.

I assume you will be in Pattaya during the time that Thaigerline runs their daily golf program?(Nov-Mar)

Great, thanks for your info.

and yes, I'll be there from 5.th of Dec until 15. of Dec, it seems that my schedule is fixed for the golf days ...

unfortunately I'll arrive at King's Birthday and don't know if it is possible to stock up the condo with food and drinks (and to find a companion for the night) and what to do on constitution day, my preferred option is (of course) playing golf.

During the weekend I like to have a trip to Koh Larn (preferrably not alone) and have a more touristic view of Pattaya. It is my first time to Patts ( i was in Phuket 12 yrs ago) so I like to see the more touristic part of Patts, too.

Archived