IGNORED

YYZ to BKK ?

stanger69

Looking for best fare with reasonable travel time from Toronto to Bangkok for November.

Have paid from $1100-1400 in past.

Anyone seen anything good yet?

I have seen the same range from Calgary ..  I am going in Aug.. However I had enough Aeroplan miles to book first class both ways... WHOOHOO  and with taxes

and insurance came to a grand total of under $600.00   Can...     CANT WAIT!!!!

BTW... How does one become an advanced member here ???

Out of YYZ, I use Cathay Pacific rather than AC because I arrive in BKK in the morning rather in the late hours of the evening.

Cathay is 'usually' a bit more expensive than AC, but getting there early is worth IMO.  I'm going back end of Sept and it cost me $1540 CAD all in.

Out of YYZ, I use Cathay Pacific rather than AC because I arrive in BKK in the morning rather in the late hours of the evening.

Cathay is 'usually' a bit more expensive than AC, but getting there early is worth IMO.  I'm going back end of Sept and it cost me $1540 CAD all in.

Good point. I see they also have midmorning return departures, rather than like 7am.

Hope they have a seat this summer.

I have flown Air Canada twice to bkk actually it is usually AC to HK and then a Thai flight to BKK

Good point. I see they also have midmorning return departures, rather than like 7am.

Hope they have a seat this summer.

But WTF would I do with a 10 hr layover in Hong Kong?

Damn,

I like spending time in HK airport, lucky you :)

Looking for best fare with reasonable travel time from Toronto to Bangkok for November.

Have paid from $1100-1400 in past.

Anyone seen anything good yet?

I've been looking for the same month and the only stable cheap fare I can find is United ( YYZ-IAD-BKK, BKK-SFO-YYZ ) for $1,214

Last month, Korean Air had it $1,370 but that recently went up.

2 months ago, Air Canada had it at $1,200 too but that went up last month.

I wish I had the ability to book 2 months ago.

Please post anything you find.

I've been looking for the same month and the only stable cheap fare I can find is United ( YYZ-IAD-BKK, BKK-SFO-YYZ ) for $1,214

Last month, Korean Air had it $1,370 but that recently went up.

2 months ago, Air Canada had it at $1,200 too but that went up last month.

I wish I had the ability to book 2 months ago.

Please post anything you find.

That United flight is not bad, have done it in the past, and may end up doing it again. The sucky part about it tho is the late night arrival in BKK and the very early morning departure on the return. I justified it in the past by the low price.

The Cathay flights have great arrival and departure time options, except for that damn long layover in Hong Kong!

Long layovers suck. The best fares as of late have been the united flights. Usually not more than an hour or 2 in airports. I'm seeing 1400 ish at. The moment.

That United flight is not bad, have done it in the past, and may end up doing it again. The sucky part about it tho is the late night arrival in BKK and the very early morning departure on the return. I justified it in the past by the low price.

The Cathay flights have great arrival and departure time options, except for that damn long layover in Hong Kong!

True, I have to decide whether it's worth an extra $300+ to take Cathay or Korean ( with 1 connection and doesn't go thru the US.  Cathay has great arrival times, Incheon airport has free showers )instead of the much cheaper United ( 2 connections and have go thru the extra security of the US airports ).   Things to contemplate before booking.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, my travel agent somehow found a Korean Air ( YYZ - ICN-BKK ) flight for $1270 for the end of Nov and coming back on Dec 23.  It's  booked

Archived