IGNORED

Going to Malaysia by train, anyone fancy coming ?

Mr Wiggy

Going on the 14th of January on a train journey from Bangkok to Butterworth and straight back on what should be a round trip of 48 hours, anyone fancy joining me either send me a PM or reply here !! I know it sounds pretty bazaar but it gives one a chance to see the changing land scape of Thailand and feel like Micheal Palin for a couple of days plus its just a re-entry stamp i need on my passport and that Cambodia run bores me now, just thought it would be different

Around the world with Wig

Going on the 14th of January on a train journey from Bangkok to Butterworth and straight back on what should be a round trip of 48 hours, anyone fancy joining me either send me a PM or reply here !! I know it sounds pretty bazaar but it gives one a chance to see the changing land scape of Thailand and feel like Micheal Palin for a couple of days plus its just a re-entry stamp i need on my passport and that Cambodia run bores me now, just thought it would be different

Around the world with Wig

Are you willing to pay for my trip???

:D

Regards:Matrix

When the life as you live it goes titts up, can you press Ctrl-alt-delete to remove it or is that only on the internet?

Posted Image

Wonder if you can get a shag on the train ? has anyone had the pleasure of doing this journey ?

Yeah, I used to do the bangkok to Butterworth visa run every three months in 1989 to 1991, back then it was the only real option for a visa run without flying anywhere.

Me and a mate got our visas synchronized and would make the trip together. We used to look forward to the different beers available in Penang (just Singha, Kloster and sometimes Amarit in Thailand then).

As I recall the train would leave Bangkok about three in the afternoon. Pretty soon afterwards we would go the the restaurant carriage and start on the beers. Had some great times with other expats on those trips. Once the carriage stopped serving us we would retire to the sleepers.

The border crossing was a bit of a ritual, everybody off the train, a customs search I will never forget one Malaysian police man search my bag while his colleague put his hands around his neck symbolically then pointed to me and then the "death penalty for drug smugglers" sign. Welcome to Malaysia.

Looking back we actually used to look forward to those visa runs as a bit of a change. I don't know if I could have handled just turning around and then heading straight back though.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Ive fot a friend who is planning on doing the tirp from malasia to Bangkok some time in the future, he was asking me if i had any gen on it but I couldnt help him.

It will be interesting to see how you get on.

If you have time a report will be welcome.

Cheers Mick

Yeah, I used to do the bangkok to Butterworth visa run every three months in 1989 to 1991, back then it was the only real option for a visa run without flying anywhere.

Me and a mate got our visas synchronized and would make the trip together. We used to look forward to the different beers available in Penang (just Singha, Kloster and sometimes Amarit in Thailand then).

As I recall the train would leave Bangkok about three in the afternoon. Pretty soon afterwards we would go the the restaurant carriage and start on the beers. Had some great times with other expats on those trips. Once the carriage stopped serving us we would retire to the sleepers.

The border crossing was a bit of a ritual, everybody off the train, a customs search I will never forget one Malaysian police man search my bag while his colleague put his hands around his neck symbolically then pointed to me and then the "death penalty for drug smugglers" sign. Welcome to Malaysia.

Looking back we actually used to look forward to those visa runs as a bit of a change. I don't know if I could have handled just turning around and then heading straight back though.

Cheers "Panyaa" looking foward to it more than ever now !!

Ive fot a friend who is planning on doing the tirp from malasia to Bangkok some time in the future, he was asking me if i had any gen on it but I couldnt help him.

It will be interesting to see how you get on.

If you have time a report will be welcome.

Yes i plan on doing a full round trip report, including some hopefully out of the ordinary pictures of Thailand and the people i hope to meet on the journey !!

Take 2 large suitcases and fill them with food from the supermarkets there.

Be scene and not herd.