IGNORED

just booked to the lek hotel 16th april any info

danboy

hi guys i have booked in at the lek poolside view room thats the new building anyone got any info on the place

does it have wireless internet as i was gonna take a laptop with me?

Not bad a place to stay. Nice buffet. For the price is not that bad since is rite on 2nd road and soi 13/14. And No they dont have wifi. You can buy a internet card for about 60 baht. Very nice staff ( think really hot girl works there ). Also room service no charge. After a while the staff rememebered what room i stayed in ( I was there about 2 weeks ).

hi guys i have booked in at the lek poolside view room thats the new building anyone got any info on the place

:D I have stayed there twice before and will be there again in 12 days time. I think the lek is real good value for money, friendley staff, clean, big comfy beds, and the bell boys are great. They take ID cards from the ladies when you take them and phone you when lady leaves to check everything is ok. I usually give the 2 lads on night shift a tip on the first night that keeps them sweet. They will even get you a girl if you want in your room some stunning young ones these are not bar girls but ordinary girls who have jobs but want to make spare cash. Last time i paid 1200 short time for a stunner and then got her number and called her myself for 500bt. Once i seen a real good looking girl who was going to another guest room and got her number as well. Be care make sure you don't do that with some ones girlfriend. The buffet breakfeast looked good but i only if i got up had fresh fruit juice and croissonts bargain at 70bt. If you need any more info just send me a message! By the way i now stay in the 850bt room no pool view and key operated safe but room similar.

• 2 months later...
:P I have stayed there twice before and will be there again in 12 days time. I think the lek is real good value for money, friendley staff, clean, big comfy beds, and the bell boys are great. They take ID cards from the ladies when you take them and phone you when lady leaves to check everything is ok. I usually give the 2 lads on night shift a tip on the first night that keeps them sweet. They will even get you a girl if you want in your room some stunning young ones these are not bar girls but ordinary girls who have jobs but want to make spare cash. Last time i paid 1200 short time for a stunner and then got her number and called her myself for 500bt. Once i seen a real good looking girl who was going to another guest room and got her number as well. Be care make sure you don't do that with some ones girlfriend. The buffet breakfeast looked good but i only if i got up had fresh fruit juice and croissonts bargain at 70bt. If you need any more info just send me a message! By the way i now stay in the 850bt room no pool view and key operated safe but room similar.

I was considering the Lek's $1200 room for my May trip, but based on your last sentence the $850 baht room is almost the same. Any reason besides view and key-operated safe that I shouldn't book the $850 room? What would you say are the negatives of this hotel? Thanks in advance for your help!

I was considering the Lek's $1200 room for my May trip, but based on your last sentence the $850 baht room is almost the same. Any reason besides view and key-operated safe that I shouldn't book the $850 room? What would you say are the negatives of this hotel? Thanks in advance for your help!

You could pick faults in 5 star hotels if you wanted to but for the price the facilities and location are as good as any and i met a lot of people who keep coming back to this hotel some have tried others but keep coming back i have seen some of the slightley cheaper swasdee hotels and they are shit compared to the Lek. You will some times see policeman in the lobby late at night this means its safer than some other hotels. The 1200 rooms are a bit newer carpet etc but beds are the same and both are clean so who cares. Millard just don't worry i am sure you will enjoy your stay remember don't go overboard with your tips to the staff . 50 for the maid and bellboys especially on night duty will be ok but not everyday like some dicks who just keep flashing their money, When the bellboy gets you a girl he will make at least 200 the girl will get 5-600 the rest will be somone else cut duty manager etc but i don't mind paying this if i need to use their service if the girl is a stunner i get her number and just smile at the bell boy and give him 50. If you need any other info instead of me just rabitting on email me

I always stay at the lek hotel never had any problems,I find the location perfect you have Mike shopping mall next door and the new shoppingcenter on the other side of the road where I like to take my girls to play some bowling.

The buffet in the morning has enough to offer for everybody 's choice and only 110Bth.

I will be there from 2 may untill 16 may;

I've stayed at the Lek 7 or eight times to date and never had any problems (last time being November 07)

They never give any grief if you bring a lady or two back, in fact the night porters usually ask for performance ratings. I don't normally eat breakfast in the hotel, but prefer going to the Sportsmans Bar who have the most delightful staff and is only the other side of the car park on Soi 13. I wish I could be this April but finances won't allow it.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your stay. :D

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdowns&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-countdown/skins/a40.swf&text=I%20Come%20back%20to%20Paradise%20City&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=10&day=5&hour=14&minute=30&second=31&x=11&y=135" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdowns</small></center>

The Lek is a bit tired and worn. Much newer hotels available for the same price.

Does not do room service.

There is no in room safe - only a small key operated wall box which I wouldn't trust anything of value in.

No wifi whereas many other places have free wifi

The buffet is not that great. I went there with a girl because I thought it would be cheap but she wanted to eat anywhere else (e.g. a roadside food stall) than go there again. It is not that cheap either - 180 baht and there is only a limited amount that you can eat of that stuff.

The buffet is uncovered and unattended and you will sometimes find little insects on the food.

The Lek is a bit tired and worn. Much newer hotels available for the same price.

Can you tell me the names of the 'much newer hotels' as I was seriously considering looking at the Lek

for my trip in June. Any news on better hotels in that price range would be greatly appreciated.

Can you tell me the names of the 'much newer hotels' as I was seriously considering looking at the Lek

for my trip in June. Any news on better hotels in that price range would be greatly appreciated.

Secrets is just one example - opened only a couple of years ago. Rooms range from 700 - 900 baht the last time I checked.

There is no in room safe - only a small key operated wall box which I wouldn't trust anything of value in.

The buffet is not that great. I went there with a girl because I thought it would be cheap but she wanted to eat anywhere else (e.g. a roadside food stall) than go there again. It is not that cheap either - 180 baht and there is only a limited amount that you can eat of that stuff.

The buffet is uncovered and unattended and you will sometimes find little insects on the food.

I agree that the old wing rooms are a bit old as for the safe box with the key it is safer than electronic safes which can be opened with gadgets. The rooms in the new wing have electronic safes and are newer but a bit expensive at 1200 bhat. If you need wifi then the Lek is not for you.

As far as Secrets is concerned yes it is newer and good value for money but too small to be called a hotel no swimming pool etc and the most important thing for me the location is crap! Would you really want to stay in Walking Street!

By the way never had the buffet in the Lek but it is always busy. Have heard comments about the hygeine before. For me part of the fun is to eat out not in your hotel. I never had any problems wth the breakfast the few times i managed to get up for it.

Hi, the Lek sounds really nice and laid back. The service to get local semi-pros sent up interests me, but I also need Wi-fi. Are there any other places folks can recommend like Lek, but with Wi-fi and the staff providing the girl service? Is that a pretty common thing in Pattaya? Thank you much!

Oh, and also having a good safe is also important to me. Lastly, what about those internet cards you speak? Is there wireless phone internet for computers throughout Pattaya? That sounds great!

Edited by sanooki

Just an unashamed LBFM groupie

The biggest load of rubbish I have read for some time.

The only factual thing is the no wifi but have very good and not expensive Internet room.

For the price it is probably the best in Pattaya.

Did room service when I was there a month ago.

Food not five star hotel but the Breakfast Buffet and Dinner buffet both offer a range to suit most people and for the dinner at less than 4 Euro it is excellent value.

Never stayed there, but heard you get value for money, have had the buffet, which is SUPERB :Bravo1:

As for wifi/internet, i can't comment but when I stayed in the carlton, soi 5 last time the internet is free for guests :P

Edited by Scottish_Tyrant

Wha's like us?