IGNORED

Medical expenses in Pattaya

LaaMok

On my second trip to Thailand, I went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital... 20 hours later and I get a whopping bill of 18,000 baht! (couple of injections and vitamins + bed to lie in)

This trip I come off a motorbike and I'm too scared to go to hospital as I dont want to get stung, eventually I agree to go to Pattaya memorial... they clean up my wounds, dress them, do one x-ray, lend me some crutches and basically tell me to come back in one week!! 3200 baht!! Not bad but still seems expensive.

Four days later and my leg was really swollen and i went to a clinic and the doctor said i should have been to clean the wounds everyday.... so i have been going everyday to clean the wounds (now infected) and fresh bandages... plus anti-biotic injection!!! 1300 baht a day!!

Today I went to Banglamung hospital, 2 x-rays, clean wounds, new dressing, two weeks worth of tablets.. 650 baht!!!

So the clear winner is Banglamung hospital.

crap,

i literally just sit down after taking my sick gf to the pattaya memorial, not to bad, spent 1.1k baht for medicines, urine test, and 3 daily IV shots of the stuff she needs to get better...

whereabouts is the banglamung hospital?

edit: i guess they'll charge for the daily shots everyday, that's gonna be 510 baht a shot

Edited by SneakySnake

now that we're on the subject,

i first took my girl to the "clinic" which is basically next door. see a doctor, he makes a wrong diagnosis, gives the wrong medicine, and takes a urine sample...cost 640 baht (for putting the wrong medicines into my girl)

come back the next day, and they say...oh we dont know now, hab to go hospital...

my advice would be to stay clear of the "clinics" and just immediately head to the hospital

banglamung hospital is in naklua not far from the post office, ask any one and they'll tell you where

any holes a goal

This is the one I use because Its Great service at a fraction of the cost..A Little slower then most but service and price is far better..If your Rich then Pattaya/Bkk maybe more suited for you especially if you have insurance....

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Bryan: Sorry to hear that you are not yet up to snuff, however; many thanks for the information. Will be staying in Pattaya a minimum of 3 months (single trip) this year hope I don't need the hospital but if I do know we know which one. Again thanks for the heads up.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Directions there... you can get to it off sukhumvit road, junction opposite mcdonalds drive through.

Or drive into Naklua and at the second major set of lights take a right... something like that, but I just told a local motorbike taxi driver to lead me the way