IGNORED

Thai baht at 1-year low

News Bandit

but what does this mean?

You get more Bht for your Dollar , Euro ... ?

but what does this mean?

I can only put it into perspective using the USD, but it's basically the exact opposite of what I was whining about around 2-3 months ago....

About 2 months ago, each USD was getting about 28.80 baht  (forgive me if dates and amounts are not exact - using round ## for example)

Today that same USD is getting 30.80 baht.

It seems like a small amount, but it adds up when you factor in trip budgets.  

Let's say your budget calls for you to bring $2,000 USD -- the drop in the baht = an "increase" in what you will get for your $2000 of 4,000 baht....so basically, the decrease in the baht has "earned" you over 3 "free" STs on Soi 6!

One caveat:

The fall in the baht has done little more than cover the rise in the baht that occurred from late last year to early this year, so, in effect, we're just getting back to where we were in October/November time frame and are not really "better" off....although I'm guessing anyone who was in Pattaya getting 28.80 baht per USD would disagree with me!  55555555

I hope it keeps falling I will be there in 2 weeks!!!

I think later when US stops QE all the money will go back to US, and USD will be strong, by then the exchange rate will be better. maybe 33,34? what do you guys think

You get more Bht for your Dollar , Euro ... ?

Hooooorayyyyyy

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Let's say your budget calls for you to bring $2,000 USD -- the drop in the baht = an "increase" in what you will get for your $2000 of 4,000 baht....so basically, the decrease in the baht has "earned" you over 3 "free" STs on Soi 6!

I like your thinking and what a great explanation...we may not be economists but can understand that we gain 3 ST's! Thx 

I read like :GoodNews1: Just so forth!

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

I cannot quote exactly the rate I got on my first trip but in sterling, acting like the 2 week millionaire I certainly did on that first trip.

I calculate currently it is costing 30% more, of course that's flight costs escalating, first trip £328 latest £608. hotel prices creeping up, plus everything else, meals, beers BF's and LT expectations.

I dare say the number crunchers will know but I thought 12 months ago I was getting more than the highest being given now.

XE is showing 48.3 in the U.K. , I was getting about 43 from the ATM in February , am back on the 22nd June for 3 months , so will be a help if it stays/ goes up ,   

Looking at recent history, it is more likely the baht will settle under 32 and stay around there. There's a lot of pressure pushing the baht higher and those pressures are still there. On the other hand, predicting this stuff is nigh impossible.

the baht may be falling against other currencies but the japanese keep inflating barfines, st and lt prices ulitimately affecting falangs as well. so same same.. nothings changed 555

I think later when US stops QE all the money will go back to US, and USD will be strong, by then the exchange rate will be better. maybe 33,34? what do you guys think

You may be right in the short term but I think the concern of some is that economic growth could halt. This may lead to financial instability and the dumping of the US dollar. I don't know which way it would go but you might want to be careful what you wish for. Many of the larger economies (eg China and Japan) are using QE (or other mechanisms to control exchange rates) so being the odd one out may prove damaging.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

What the fuck , not going to stop me doing the 4 F's .

Find, Feel , Fuck ,Forget them

If 30.82 to 1 $ is low then what would 36 Bahts to the $ be? The Thai Baht is really strong when compared to other world currencies, example the Philippine Peso, the Japanese Yen, the Euro, and the Indian Rupee this currency is sinking faster then the Titanic. 

Cheers

<center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/&clickLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&flashLABEL=CountdownClockCodes.com&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/3.jpg&text=Paradise%20Here%20I%20come%2C%20ready%20or%20not&untilColor=6724095&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2017&month=11&day=19&hour=22&minute=21&second=8&x=6&y=77" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /><br><small><a href="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/vacation-countdown-clocks/">CountdownClockCodes.com</a></small></center>

Thai P4P logic dictates that BF,ST and LT price go up because fa-lung hab more baht to spend when change money.Make Low Season better money Me.

If 30.82 to 1 $ is low then what would 36 Bahts to the $ be? The Thai Baht is really strong when compared to other world currencies, example the Philippine Peso, the Japanese Yen, the Euro, and the Indian Rupee this currency is sinking faster then the Titanic. 

Cheers

"heaven"!  55555

While I would love to see that happen, the exchange rate between the baht and the dollar hasn't crept above 35 in the past 4 years (last topped 35 in April 2009)

If you look at RatesFX.com predictions it seems they believe that it will drop even further

They reckon the £ could reach over 58 baht in the next 3 months.Even the € will reach a long term high

interesting, how accurate are their predictions in the past?

Pretty good,they got the fallout from the Greek debacle on the money.

It will be interesting to see what the US does next week.It was the rumour of QE there that started all the foreign investors pulling out over $170 billion which started the Bahts fall.So I would wait until Monday but keep an eye on it if you intend to buy some holiday cash.Most banks here don't hold Baht and I have often got caught out.

But it's still a gamble anyway

Falling because of the thai economic downgrade caused by the massive losses racked up in the scheme where government buys rice from farmers at above market value.

It's gonna weaken the currency a little more i dare say

Apparently Kittirat is now saying the Baht has gotten to weak and the BOT must step in and do something about it. He wants the Baht to longer be pegged to the U.S. dollar but to other asian currencies. He is the same guy who raising a ruckus last month because the Baht was to strong and now he wants it strengthened again. Some folks are never satisfied.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Archived