IGNORED

NeeRoys

weaver93

I must recommend NeeRoys opposite Crazy Dave's in Soi Chaiyapoon.

They cook food,in English style - ie Chips are just the way they are cooked in England.

Prices are 'mai paeng' - eg 2 sausages beans and chips 79 baht!! - 'aloy mak mak'

also you must try home made fish cakes mushy peas and chips, and the legendary fish & chips 99 baht!!

If Indian curries are your thing, they do different curries and all forms of naan bread. :Constipated:

Best wishes

Miko

Plenty of BMs recommended Neeroys for the best fish'n chips (value for money) in town on a thread started by me in Secrets. (If the value for money proposition is discounted, Pig and Whistle ranked tops)

Definitely want to try Neeroy's. Where exactly is the place located? I know it is somewhere near Soi Boakhaw...

The Curry's are good but I had a problem with portion size on a large takeaway order .

They obviously hadn`t cooked enough for the order so made the portions half size to make up .

Details are on Secrets , search for neroys if you are interested.

I took the order back ,all polite like , but got a complete Thai denial from the lady in charge!

Fair enough , I takeaway curry sauce portion is an egg cup full!

I can see that , bloody obvious , how silly of me !

It is , if you want to run at 99% GP ,. I was a chef for 20 years in the uk and know exactly how much ingredients cost here !

Serves me right for being lazy and not making it myself!

Edited by swanks

I went in their one night drunk & ordered takeaway lasagna, curry & something else. I remembered still feeling hungry afterwards because I threw most of it away.

When i ate in in there, i was impressed.

Never mind,can't please everybody.

• 2 years later...

I ate here a couple days ago and liked the place, but what are their hours? I've showed up the past 2 days at lunch time and it hasn't been opened.

The Chinese a couple of doors away does good cheap English breakfast with great coffee, is aircon and not as crowded as Neeroys.

The Chinese a couple of doors away does good cheap English breakfast with great coffee, is aircon and not as crowded as Neeroys.

Chinese Restaurant serving English Breakfast in Thailand. Interesting i never would have thought of trying this.

Loy's wife makes the vinigar, ...........how.........she just gets a glass of water and stares at it............

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

Update as of May 6th, 2009

The f n c at Neeroy's were terrible. Too much oil, oil not changed frequently, too much batter and very little fish and too many small fried pieces. The mushy peas were bad too. I have had better f n c at Neeroy's.

In contrast, the deal at Canterbury tales at 90B was perfect all the (4-5)times I had the dish.

Update as of May 6th, 2009

The f n c at Neeroy's were terrible. Too much oil, oil not changed frequently, too much batter and very little fish and too many small fried pieces. The mushy peas were bad too. I have had better f n c at Neeroy's.

In contrast, the deal at Canterbury tales at 90B was perfect all the (4-5)times I had the dish.

I am a Neeroys fan i love the breakfast for 80baht fresh and tasty!! Cunterbury Tales now that makes me puke :-(

Ate there one time....... Never again.... the food was not fit for human consumption.....

But if course, That is just one individuals opinion, your experience might be better.....

• 5 weeks later...