IGNORED

My Goal to lose fat in Thailand

billbill

Im coming to Thailand for a month starting on the 19th of June.. In the states I work out every other day by bicycling for 25 minutes, treadmill running for 15 minutes and ten minutes on the elliptical... I'm just starting to do bench presses of the bar after elbow surgery in late December... so i can't really lift as heavy as I would like... I want to lose five pounds of fat if that is possible as it is all centered in my belly and sides.... any recommendations on good foods to eat? I dont drink alcohol and will work out every other day once I get to Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok. I will spend the majority of my time 19 days....in Phuket... any people on the forum ever try to get in really good shape with their one month's trip?? thanks for any suggestions...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm on the head shaking diet, it's working really well

Every time I'm offered food I shake my head and say "NO" 

sorry, couldn't help myself

Seriously though: Get one of those calorie counter books and stay on 1200 a day and it will drop off

I have been on 1200 a day for 19 days and dropped 6.4kgs (14lbs) without a problem

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

Go heavy on the fresh fruits and veggies (very easily available there), and cut out the fats. Do that and workout every day and you'll lose weight.

“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.â€
– Terence McKenna

Im coming to Thailand for a month starting on the 19th of June.. In the states I work out every other day by bicycling for 25 minutes, treadmill running for 15 minutes and ten minutes on the elliptical... I'm just starting to do bench presses of the bar after elbow surgery in late December... so i can't really lift as heavy as I would like... I want to lose five pounds of fat if that is possible as it is all centered in my belly and sides.... any recommendations on good foods to eat? I dont drink alcohol and will work out every other day once I get to Pattaya, Phuket and Bangkok. I will spend the majority of my time 19 days....in Phuket... any people on the forum ever try to get in really good shape with their one month's trip?? thanks for any suggestions...

There is nothing magic about losing weight. Just watch your calorie intake and you will lose weight. But don't listen to the other two postas about 1200 calories or just eating fruits and veggies as that will lead to loss of msucles. You don't want to be skinny fat right?

If you are exercising then you would probably gain some muscles so it would'nt be fair to look at the scale. Look at the waist instead.

I am losing weight almost everytime when I am in Thailand because of changed eating habits. I eat less every time but more often. A lot of fruits. The only exercise I do is daily walks for an hour or two and some turns with a lady.

If you stay with thaifood and fresh vegetables then I think that you will lose those pounds without any problems or at least get more slimmed.

How much are you losing these days by your daily exercise?

I lose weight and inches even though I'm there for just a week. The difference is noticeable.

The food there is much healthier than back home coupled with my Liquid diet(jack-cokes :D). Walking through Soi 6, coconut bar and the extra cardiovascular exercises are contributing factors.

I recommend 2 hours of pelvis thrusting exercises each day. This is a fun way to pass the time in Thailand and should give you a good workout in the problem areas you described.

You will find many locals willing to partner you but it can become quite expensive so be careful.

go to topps salad bar every day and spend 200 baht that will handle two meals.  Then eat as much fruit off a cart as you can.  After 5 days go to bliss and maybe they can suck the rest out..

If you were English you would certainly loose a few pound once you got to Thailand, but if American you'll only loose Dollars.

No secret and no quick way to loosing wieght. 

You need to reduce calorie intake by cutting down on sugar drinks, bread etc and increase fruit and veg. Then do a bit of exdercise. It doesn't happen overnight

No good being on the seafood diet

bill, i train quite often and would be happy to provide a few pointers. if you are determined on losing some body weight, its not easy, especially targeting the fat. have you ever noticed people training at the gym and no matter how much time they spend on the elliptical, bike or, threadmill that they look the same month after month? there is a reason why and ill explain. eating during the day boosts the bodies blood sugar level. the bodies ability to burn fat occurs when blood sugar level is at its lowest. meaning, it takes a quite a bit of an amount of running or biking to burn blood sugar before the body targets fat and, consequently, most people who train at night dont experience dramatic results. for these people blood sugar is burned off and thats it... virtually no fat!!!

the best way ive found to shed body fat is by doing vigorous cardiovascular exercises in the morning for about an hour. now pay attention. BLOOD SUGAR LEVEL IS AT ITS LOWEST IN THE MORNING UPON WAKING UP. by doing intense cardio in the morning, your body will burn off the small amount of blood sugar quickly and look for another source of energy which is fat! ive done this twice for a few weeks and dropped a good 5 lbs with no issues. a cup of water prior to starting keeps your body hydrated and will prevent fatigue and cramps.

of course, this alone wont provide optimal results you seek if diet isnt good. your diet should consist of food that is high in protein and low in carbs. small rations every few hours will help boost metabolism which also helps in burning fat. i would recommend fresh fruits, greens, fish, chicken breast and some nuts. try staying away from white breads and rice. grain breads are healthy but would minimize even this with goal in mind. soda is a big no no. but definitely drink lots of water! also, if you can, try fasting after 6 pm because the body is less active at night and its ability to burn calories drops dramatically. and if your body does crave food at night, i would stick to a low calorie, non fat yogurt.

hope some of what i said helps you. im sure you can do it!

Do the best you can.  Get on a diet plan you can stick with.  Spend  twice as long on the bike, and in the gym. 

"If it feels good, just keep doing it!"

I'm always trying to get a fat in Thailand

This is a really practical thread. I hope to see a lot more posts. The single biggest recommendation I can offer is to drink a large amount water - reduces hunger and increases metabolism to heat body. Of course, consume proteins and stay away from excessive carbohydrates and fats, to a large degree. Seems like the harder you exercise, the less patience you have for consuming empty calories like white bread, sugar, mayonnaise, etc. Looking forward to hearing about your progress. Good luck.

i always seem to lose weight while in thailand... not sure how it happens tbh, must be something to do with the extra exercise. I also move on to Liquid diet so dont eat that much. Stick with thai food, its so much better for you than falang food!!

I excersize at home but can never get into it in thailand except for walks , i always gain weight compared to home, mainly beacuse of the Alcohole. I almost never eat sweets, bread, pasta, even in Thailand. I usually eat healthy with a lot of protein and seafood to counteract my alcoholoe consumption. My weght gain usually stay within 2 Kg after 20 days and i usually shed those kg within 2-3 weeks at home, so no biggie.

You dont drink alcohole so no reason why you wouldnt be able to loose weight if you stay away from desserts , suger drinks and fastfood and add some Sexserzize to that 555

you could try doing similar to a diabetic diet by counting your carbohydrate intake One carb serving is 15 grams of carbs typical for males

Breakfast, 3 servings of carbs and 2 proteins

Mid morning snack, 1 carb and 1 protein

Lunch, 3 carbs 2 or 3 proteins

Afternoon snack, 1 carb and one protein

Dinner, 3 or 4 carbs and 3 proteins

Late night snack, 1 carb and 1 protein

always balance a carb with proteins, this slows the bodys absorption of carbs, also by eating more frequently but smaller portions you stay fuller feeling and crave food less especially "junk" food

Fresh fruits & veggies, lean meats like pork...no sugary drinks (coke etc) then walk,walk,walk if you can't run that is...good luck!

To the op if you are in Phuket I would train Muay Thai at the tiget Muay Thai camp, just let them know about your injury so they do not give you exercises that might strain it. The warm up they do by itself is enough to leave you gasping for breath. I know my friend lost loads of weight when he went there 2 weeks but he was doing it full time.

Bane718's advice is excellent and to be followed for results

post-1-0-28227900-1338976307.gif

oats and low calorie sugar free yogurt ,with pieces of aplle ,if you like sweet some stevia.

mornings and evening , 

do this at home , always .

in thailand eat thai food , no bread, kfc ,piza , no sugared drinks ,cola ,beer .

lots of water.

the amount of excercise you have to do to loose weight is to to much.

just be active enough and avoid sugar and fat.

I lose weight or at least seem not to gain any which surprises me considering the amount of alcohol I consume.

I do tend to eat les but I'd put it more down to WHAT I eat... no sugar and les starchy food as well as a lot of cardio exercise in my bedroom of course!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

In my experience, living in a colder climate always makes a person eat more fat food. Every time I take a holyday trip to warmer climate, I seem to loose some weight based on that alone.

But there's also the fact that people with more money usually eat a better diet. They can afford it. And foreigners in Thailand are quite wealthy in that regards. 

So the chances of you loosing weight is quite good. 

If you include excercise you're good to go.

Here's a hint though: Hire a personal trainer to help out and take lots of massages, REAL massages not soapies. OK there's no harm in taking soapies as well....

High intensity cardio not always the greatest fat burner. Weights training actually burns calories for a longer period of time. Not only that but strengthens joints and makes you look and feel great.

Avoid high GI foods, lots of people suggesting fruit, full of nutrients but also high in sugar which in turn metabolizes to fat. Try to eat 5-6 smaller sized meals a day that all include protein

I'm still amazed that people say thai food is healthy compared with what they have at home!!

Boy some guys must have seriously bad diets.

As always with this stuff a thousand answers and opinions.

Losing a bit of weight is only easy if you are well over weight, once you are going down further and then to with in a few kgs/lbs of your best weight possible it gets progressively harder.

The more you train the more hungry you get, so you have to try to eat the right food for YOU, or go hungry, as stated, there are so many different ways but you have to find out what works for your body.

Member since Dec 06.

Diet and/or workout before your trip and after but when your on vacation don't worry about it. Remember it's a vacation. Eat the great foods and enjoy. I lose a few pounds when I go but I think it's from dehydration lol

I lose weight every time I'm in Thailand. The heat makes me lose my appetite and I certainly do more exercise than at home. Sadly it goes back on as soon as I'm back in England chained to my desk job !!

Archived