Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

safe deposit box "opey de place"

Ulfric Reinholdt

Hey guys,

Ive never been to Thai before in a few days my first trip in bali we always had safes in room, my mates have picked this hotel 
"opey de place" and they dnt have safes but have deposit boxs behind the counter,
Im prob been paranoid but are they genuinely safe?
The way it was described to me anyone could walk up say my name and be given a key?

Anyone whos used them before or even similar ones in a differant hotel :)
Thank you

I am staying at Opey de place at the moment.

Not used the security boxes but there is a sign on the door saying bring your own padlock !

Good location for the hotel, girl friendly and they always ring your room to make sure everything is OK when the lady leaves.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Usually the deposit boxes in the room are far from safe and can be opened very easy .

Deposit boxes behind the counter are less easy to open without someone of the staff

noticing it . Problem is 95% of the thieves are staff ....

I have stayed there myself before and I recommend taking your own padlock.

I used a combination lock so I did not need to take a key with me.

My Youtube Channel about everything Thailand - TravInThailand

You need a key to get into the room with the safedeposit boxes and then a key for your locker. The girls will remember most of the customers and I think they have cctv in the room. It is safe enough by Pattaya standards

There are some that only employ words for the purpose of disguising their thoughts.

Voltaire

These hotel boxes behind the counter are very safe.

Only you have access to the key which you keep with you in a safe place.  No one can simply ask for access to your safe.

The employee staff does not have access and only you have the key. They won't even let you attach the key to your hotel key, even if you trust them.

There are cameras on these at all times 24/7.

If you lose your key, only the owner can deal with it.

Getting a padlock, in my opinion, is for the super paranoid, but if it gives you piece of mind, use it. The owners of these hotels don't want a problem and take this security seriously. Also, there's staff behind the desk at all times.

I've never heard of any problems with these behind the desk-counter safes.

Stayed at the opey de place many times over the years
Always use the safely boxes in the room next to the reception
Never had a problem very secure

Thanks everyone, sounds trust worthy enough.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone still reading this im here now and they have safes in the room :)

Must have arrived in the last 10 days then.

Good news, are they laptop sized ?

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

If anyone still reading this im here now and they have safes in the room :)

Thanks for your useful information. :ThumbUp6:

Must have arrived in the last 10 days then.

Good news, are they laptop sized ?

i asked the recep she says they new.

Unfortunatly no not big enough for the laptop, just wallet cash camera etc

Are they big enough for 10 inch tablet computer

i think it would just fit

ive always stayed at opey and these are the safest boxes in Thailand.  In a glass walled, locked room behind reception, have to ask for key you get a solid metal lock up and you can also fit your own padlock on the door as well !  Solid and totally safe,  padlock bolt can be up to 8mm

• 2 weeks later...

good news about the in room safes boys , but does any one on  the ground know if safe

behind reception are still available , if you like the sun pool side rooms  get the sun from 

around eleven in morning to late afternoon .

good news about the in room safes boys , but does any one on  the ground know if safe

behind reception are still available , if you like the sun pool side rooms  get the sun from 

around eleven in morning to late afternoon .

They were still there when i left on the 23rd june.

Im not sure if anyone was using them though. Im sure if you requested them that would be ok.

try emailing them at [email protected]   They usually get back to you in a day.

it was like this in Lek villa i was a bit worried as i`ve always had in room safes,

but it was fine for me nothing to worry about and would stay there again.

I've stayed at the 'Opey De Place' many times and the safe room is very safe.I bring a combination lock to secure my valuables.I leave the issued safe key locked up inside so i don't lose it and no one else can open the safe without breaking my combo lock.

The safe room is locked from 10 at night 'til 8 in the morning so remember to get enough cash for your night out before you leave the hotel.

If you want to bring a LT back and you've spent more than planned and as you can't get at your locked up cash til 8am, She will have to put in a full shift without doing a runner if she wants to get paid.

You should make this clear to her when you seal the deal and before heading off with her to the hotel.

Archived