Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

disco bomb

soiseven

Suspected Muslim insurgents set off five bombs early Monday in a Thai-Malaysian border tourist town, wounding 27 people, many of them New Year's revelers, an army spokesman said.

The bombs exploded in the hotel and nightlife area of Sungai Kolok, including two inside a hotel discotheque and one hidden in the carrying basket of a motorcycle outside a hotel, army spokesman Col. Akara Thiprote said.

'Sungai Kolok is a tourist town and people were here to celebrate the New Year. I think this is why they targeted the town,' Akara said.

thats fucked.

it doesent deter me from travelling.

terrirosts will never deter me.

i went to bali a few months after the sari was blown up. i loved that place.

RIP to all that died.

Well, I got my start in that town. Kolok is a great party place. They even have a comparable place to Soi 6 but in an outback village kind of atmosphere.

I made my first 8 trips to LOS in Kolok, and stopped going several years ago when this bombing crap started. The first bomb those assholes set, was set in my friends #1 sweetheart's bar right across the road from the Marina hotel / disco. Killed her and injured most of her girls. Neither he or I have been back since.

I started going to BKK instead, and now have been there about 10 times. And dammit , was there on 2007 new years eve with the bombs there!! but we all partied on, in Nana. At least for a little while. I got a bit nervous, picked me up a couple of FL's and went to the private party in my room... But all was find after that, and the next few days were like nothing happened.

I still go. just that now I am careful. i just dont like the set up at Nana, where it all necks down to a narrow entrance. I go, but i do not sit at that entrance for more than a few seconds. Just paranoid I th ink.

As they say FOR WHAT ,there just a load of assholes

I wont stop traveling but never been close to this sort of thing before so cant say how it would if i was but hope it never

gets that close, just try to listen to advise.

spider

I can't believe there hasn't been more discussion about this on the Thai forums or in the news.

They're pretty good about keeping such things quiet, especially if they're in the South. Most of the news right now seems to be about the new government, and the army's reaction to it.

thats fucked.

it doesent deter me from travelling.

terrirosts will never deter me.

i went to bali a few months after the sari was blown up. i loved that place.

RIP to all that died.

Good on you Nightlyf!Having the guts to go back after that.

Those jihad fuckers were only trying to fuck up the popularity of Bali so tourists would stop going there but it didn't work! Even after the second bombings,people still go :D They want the infrastructure of Bali to collapse because it's primarily Hindu as you know, and they want to do what they tried/did to east Timor all those years back and where did it get them?Fucking nowhere in the end :wacko:

That smiling bomber cunt is due for execution shortly as all appeals are now over.I will be the one smiling the day that happens :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

crazy action

i dont know what they want from their regim , i heard they want independent country but not sure

big countries regims closed their eyes on democracy on some of regims years ago and this is result of that

It's sad that these things must happen and even sadder when innocents are wonded/killed. It's probally best that it doesn't get the news coverage as that would only justify IMHO, the reaction those responable are looking for. I would venture to say those calling the shots i.e. preaching the hate, are well removed from the violiance. Peace to all and Party On! :) I find it much better to get drunk and fight over something stupid (which you will forget about the next day) that to carry on a 2000 year grudge!

It's sad that these things must happen and even sadder when innocents are wonded/killed. It's probally best that it doesn't get the news coverage as that would only justify IMHO, the reaction those responable are looking for. I would venture to say those calling the shots i.e. preaching the hate, are well removed from the violiance. Peace to all and Party On! :D I find it much better to get drunk and fight over something stupid (which you will forget about the next day) that to carry on a 2000 year grudge!

Yeh mate! They're in Malaysia.The top Malaysian bomb-making instructor was killed by Thai Army late last year.The insurgent violence is aimed at both Buddist and Christian people down that way.Buddist monks on their way to prayer (beheaded) Christian primary school kids machine-gunned down, walking to school.It is not well published, but if you do a little digging,you will realise how big a problem this is for Thailand. (and us - they'll do Pattaya sooner or later a'la Bali methinks)

Try this website for a little mild reading and enlightenment :Dhttp://www.jihadwatch.org/

Also google the word "Caliphate" and you will get some idea what this is all about :D

:P