IGNORED

Questions about where to stay

Deez

Me and one of my friends are going to Thailand for the first time and I have been reseerching myself as far as hotels and what to do when we go there and I think are are gonna end up staying in Pattaya for 4 of are 11 days we are in Thailand so what I wanted to know is what hotels does anyone recomend?(A nicer one closer to the bars and clubs were more of a drinking, loud, rowdy type of guys) What bars should I check out while in town? Any other activities I should be lookin into? What I should watch out for? Best modes of transportation for longer distances? (like from the airport to Pattaya or any other cities I should visit)

Hey Deez,

You have asked for so many details...you would do well to read threads in specific sections...

Anyway, you could look for accomodation around Walking Street area or between beach road and second road... I like Queen Vic (Soi 6), Welkom Inn(Soi 3), The Haven hotel (Soi 13), Penthouse hotel (Soi Pattayaland 2) and Secrets(near walking st) All these hotels have websites. Just search.

There's very little to watch out for in Pattaya.

Many BMs here own good bars.

A list of my favourites include FLB, Lennies, Secrets, Soi 8 (Many), King Kong (Soi 6)

Hi Deez

Any of the sois between Beach Road and 2nd Road should be OK location wise as you can walk a very short distance to catch a baht-bus to get around.

Soi 13 is a popular hotel location,about 15 minutes walk to Walking Street,or as above catch a baht-bus.

I`ve stayed at Dynasty Inn(soi13) Whitehouse Condotel(soi13) and Lek hotel(soi12/13) all I think would be OK for a first time visit.

If you bring back 2 overnight guests to your room,Dynasty may charge extra,Whitehouse will charge extra,Lek no extra charge.

Whitehouse is newest,followed by Dynasty then Lek,getting slightly worn but very friendly staff there.

You can likely get better value by staying a little further out but as it is your first trip and only for 4 nights might as well get a good location.

Bars and agogos are so hard to recommend as we all have different tastes so i`ll leave others to comment .

Hope that helps,only a little guide and hotels can change as regards service etc. so don`t take anything I`ve posted as gospel. :)

• 1 month later...

Most of the time its cheaper to find a hotel once you get there.. If you arrive during the day time.. But if you arrive at night, some hotels jack up the prices..

Last time i was in pattaya, i just played it by ear.. and got a hotel upon arrival instead of booking online. Was much cheaper, most hotels are cheaper there than if u book. although it varies so do some research.

You might want to try Diamond Beach hotel. Located on Soi Diamond right off Walking Street. It's cheap and rooms aren't bad. I've never had a problem getting a room without reservation. And talk about being in the middle of the action! If you stepped out the front door of the hotel and wanted to f'ck a different bargirl everyday within a 50 meter radius, it would probably take you close to two years to complete the task! It also has a little known soapie massage next door. Just walk out of the lobby turn left, and walk twenty feet, and bam, you are there. Talk about convenient. Maybe some of the other BMs have stayed there and could share their opinions.

You can never go wrong with a hotel on Soi 8. Never a lack of entertainment just outside your door.

:Dance4:

**HEAVY WEIGHT FLAMING CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!**

You might want to try Diamond Beach Hotel. Located on Soi Diamond right off Walking Street. It's cheap and rooms aren't bad. I've never had a problem getting a room without reservation. And talk about being in the middle of the action! If you stepped out the front door of the hotel and wanted to f'ck a different bargirl everyday within a 50 meter radius, it would probably take you close to two years to complete the task! It also has a little known soapie massage next door. Just walk out of the lobby turn left, and walk twenty feet, and bam, you are there. Talk about convenient. Maybe some of the other BMs have stayed there and could share their opinions.

I stayed at Diamond Beach in April 2006. I have been back three times to Pattaya and would never think of staying there again.

The Good:

1) It is definitely girl friendly. There is always security guarding the lifts to the rooms and the girls have to hand in their ID cards unless they have seen you with the girl before. I have taken different girls and sometimes 2 girls back on a few occasions with no problems in terms of requiring to pay joiners fees.

2) It is on a street off Walking Street and that street itself has many go go bars. Walking Street has the highest concentration of go go bars and nightclubs than any other street in Pattaya and it is nice to be able to walk back from a bar or club to your hotel with a girl without needing to take a baht bus.

The bad:

1) There is a significant cockroach problem. The hotel is very old - having been built over 20 years ago. Cockroaches would appear from the sink or bath hole and from other holes in the room (because the rooms are worn). They would even appear from beneath the seats on the settee so that I would warn guests not to sit on the settee. There was a funny situation when I came back with a bar girl once. In the middle of the night I went to the bathroom and gave a loud yelp when I switched on the light and a cockroach the size of a cricket disappeared down the hole in the sink - the bar girl thought that I had stubbed my toe and laughed. Basically, I could not relax or go to sleep in peace and although I bought sprays they did not seem to work.

This problem is not helped by the hotel's approach to cleanliness. The rooms are cleaned daily however the floor areas outside the rooms and the stairs are not well maintained. Once someone next door to me ate some food in his room and left the remains on a tray outside his room. Three days later the food had not been collected. Eventually I moved the tray to the end of the corridor where there was a small cupboard and left it on top of the cupboard in plain view. Behind the cupboard I could see wires hanging down from the roof and a couple of cockroaches running around. The tray was not collected from there either for the duration of my stay.

2) A breakfast is included in the price but it is truly dire. I chose the English breakfast and every item was unsatisfactory - e.g. thin slice of burnt to a crisp bacon, smelly and gooey scrambled eggs and a white (yes, white!) tiny cocktail sausage.

3) Because the hotel was old the decor in the room and in the hotel generally was very dated - almost 1970's and there were holes in the settee, worn furniture, the holes in the shower heads were brown with age and a chipped bath tub.

4) There is a gym but nobody used it ever. Why? because the equipment were all old, rusting and broken and to use them would mean a genuine risk of injury. I tried once and most of the machines were unusable and unsafe. Interestingly, they have a picture on their website of a brand new gym with girls working out. There is a roof area but when ever I went up there nobody else used it. There were many discarded pieces of furniture up there.

5) The reception staff spoke very poor English and I had trouble trying to make myself be understood on very basic things.

6) There is no safe in the room

7) The hotel is very popular with Arabs and you will see large groups of them leaving/entering and congregating in reception. For me this is not an issue and it should not be an issue but some people may not like a hotel where there is a large concentration of any particular nationalities.

8) Because the hotel is on the doorstep of several go go bars from 8pm the noise level is very loud even with the windows closed

and in a room a few floors up. I didn't mind that as the relentless racket from the different bars made me eager to head out and start my evening.

Overall - the main drawbacks were the cockroaches and insects which kept appearing as I could live with the other drawbacks. Its location is ideal if you are going to spend most of your evenings in Walking Street and the surroundings (and there is enough there to keep most people happy for a whole holiday)

I think the cockroaches and insects are provided for your tilac to have something to snack on in between sessions.lol Hey, what do you want for 25 bucks a night? As far as the gym, the last thing I need to do on vacation is work out. I get more than enough exercise in my room. And the Arabs? The hotel usually separates the races. I'm usually on the "white" floor. I think it's the seventh floor. Anyway, to each his own.

Look in the hotel , bars , transport section ,

some good advice there .

Where you stay in Pattaya is no big deal , as you find the baht bus gets you ,

to most places with ease ,

as its you first trip most of the fun is finding your way around ,

I doubt it will be your last trip .

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

I think the cockroaches and insects are provided for your tilac to have something to snack on in between sessions.lol Hey, what do you want for 25 bucks a night?

hahaha, good one!

I used to stay there too. Last time in 2005 the gases from the sewage lines were escaping into my room, smelled

like something was dead somewhere in the room, when I figured out what it was I kept the bathroom door closed.

hotel is only good if you can't find anything else on short notice. They charge about 800 baht for the basic double room.

This photo is from 2003.

PICT0003z.jpg