Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A good hotel for an older guy close to the fun-easy access

mrbigbigman11

Hello my PA brothers! I'm planning on going to Pattaya for the first time sometime in 2014 and I was wondering which hotel I should book when I go,Pattaya Bay Resort or Areca or do you guys have a better choice? I'm a 50yr. old guy from the US that has a bad knee and i'm not looking to walk everywhere and so I'm kind of looking for a place to stay that is central and near everywhere and also close to currency exchanges,7-11s,western restaurants,shopping malls but still close to the go-go bars,beer bars,etc.Any help would be much appriciated!

bit expensive but nice area, short walk to Walking Street

http://www.lkpattaya.com/empress/

try agoda.com for prices..

brand new hotel

or heres another one

http://www.agoda.com/asia/thailand/pattaya/imperial_residence_hotel.html

or maybe Page 10 hotel

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

Hello my PA brothers! I'm planning on going to Pattaya for the first time sometime in 2014 and I was wondering which hotel I should book when I go,Pattaya Bay Resort or Areca or do you guys have a better choice? I'm a 50yr. old guy from the US that has a bad knee and i'm not looking to walk everywhere and so I'm kind of looking for a place to stay that is central and near everywhere and also close to currency exchanges,7-11s,western restaurants,shopping malls but still close to the go-go bars,beer bars,etc.Any help would be much appriciated!

How much are you looking to spend?

Areca is an excellent choice. Great location. I'm about the same age as you and have stayed there a number of times. Try to get a room in Evergreen wing - its newer and a bit smarter than the other two buildings.

Baywalk residence is a nice hotel,close to WS and LK Metro and about 5 mins by baht bus to Soi 6 7 and 8.....j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Thanks for the advice guys,as far as pricing on a room goes,I'm willing to spend anywhere from 1000-2000 baht per night.Please keep the advice coming!

LK Empress is very nice. I can also second that Areca Lodge is as a good spot. With either of those places you won't go wrong. 

Happy mongoring, and by the way, 50 is not really considered "older" in Patts. More like grown up  :GoldenSmile1:

young buck (I am 59, ha!), there are all sorts of modes of transport to get you anywhere in the playground of pattaya...   

Walking Street is sort of one end of the region, with Soi 6 being the other end, although that end does go a bit further, up to soi 2 where several soapies and a few more beer bars are...

you can take baht busses everywhere in this area for 10 baht, and they are continuously driving the two one way streets that make a loop of this area, from Walking Street up to soi 2.

centrally located hotels that I like are Page 10, View Talay 6, and Flipper Lodge, all great places...  View Talay 6 would probably not be good for you as there is a bit of a hike to get to the lobby from the street, uphill... So Page 10 and Flipper Lodge would be great options for you.  Page 10 being a more upscale joint, and a bit more money... up to you!

you can actually hire a baht bus like a taxi too, to take you door to door, for 100-200 baht.  there are taxis too for about the same price, so it is VERY easy to get around.

a better hotel site I was just turned onto is 

www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/

It uses agoda, but is run by a great guy who will personally assist you, and he even offers an additional discount on top of the Agoda prices...

Cheers, and have fun!  

the secret about getting good deals is booking early,I would normally book three months in advance and then I get good deals,as the other BMs have mentioned 

www.agoda.com is a good place to start.....remember you need a place that does not require a joiner fee (guests having to pay extra),some hotels do not allow ladies under 20 onto their premises,some do not even care about IDs,while some do not allow more than one guest (no threesomes..lol)...baywalk residence if booked early is a great place -no joiner fee,they allow more than one guest and as long as the lady is over 18 she is allowed to stay.....and it is only about 2mins away from WS and about 5 from LK Metro...j

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Acrea is an excellent choice. Great location. I'm about the same age as you and have stayed there a number of times. Try to get a room in Evergreen wing - its newer and a bit smarter than the other two buildings.

if you like threesomes, Areca is one of the places that charges you for a second or third girl...  they also don't let girls in if they are under 20, which is weird as they are legal to play with once they are 18...

I like having two girls, and sometimes they might be 19, so Areca is not my cuppa tea.

also when you book your room, book it for two people...  

Montien hotel Pattaya Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 73 $ 
LK Renaissance Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 51 $ incl. 
LK Metropole Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 45 $ incl. 
The Pinewood Residences Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 35 $ incl. 
Grand Sole hotel Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 31 $ incl. 
Golden Beach hotel Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 31 $ incl. 
Sawasdee Siam Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 22 $ incl. 
Sawasdee Sea View Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 20 $ incl. 
Sawasdee Pattaya Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 20 $ incl. 
Sawasdee Sabai Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 17 $ incl. 
Sawasdee Sunshine Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (North) 17 $ incl. 
dusitD2 baraquda pattaya Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (South) 97 $ incl. 
Tim Boutique hotel Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (South) 59 $ incl. 
Areca Lodge Pattaya, 2nd Rd. (South) 37 $ incl. recommend
Bella Villa Serviced Apartment Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (North) 25 $ incl. 
Four Seasons Place Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 53 $ incl. recommend
Miracle Suite Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 40 $ incl. 
Mike Garden Resort hotel Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 40 $ incl. 
Eurasia Boutique hotel Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 35 $ incl. 
Golden Sea Serviced Residence Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 31 $ incl. 
Villa Panalee Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 31 $ incl. 
Mind Resort Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 29 $ incl. recommend
Piyada Residence Pattaya, 3rd Rd. (South) 17 $ 
Pattaya Marriott Resort & Spa Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 144 $ incl. recommend
A-One Pattaya Beach Resort Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 98 $ incl. 
Pattaya Discovery Beach hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 62 $ incl. recommend
hotel Vista Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 60 $ incl. recommend
Amari Orchid Pattaya Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 59 $ incl. recommend
A-ONE The Royal Cruise hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 53 $ incl. 
Tropicana hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 41 $ incl. 
Baron Beach Hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 40 $ incl. 
Sunshine Vista Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 38 $ incl. 
Sandalay Resort Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 37 $ incl. recommend
Crown Pattaya Beach hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 35 $ incl. 
Nantra De Boutique Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 31 $ incl. 
Mike Beach Resort Pattaya, Beach Rd. (North) 29 $ incl. 
Siam Bayview hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (South) 69 $ incl. recommend
Sunbeam hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (South) 58 $ incl. 
Fraser Resort Pattaya Pattaya, Beach Rd. (South) 53 $ 
Pattaya Centre hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (South) 33 $ incl. 
A.A. Pattaya hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (South) 33 $ 
Sunshine hotel & Residences Pattaya, Beach Rd. (South) 30 $ incl. recommend
Diamond Beach hotel Pattaya, Beach Rd. (South) 26 $ incl. 
Amari Nova Suites Pattaya, Central Rd. 59 $ incl. 
LK Royal Suite Pattaya, Central Rd. 40 $ incl. 
Citin Loft Pattaya Pattaya, Central Rd. 33 $ incl. recommend
Nova Park Exec.Serviced Apt. Pattaya, Central Rd. 25 $ 
Century Pattaya hotel Pattaya, Central Rd. 24 $ incl. 
Town in Town hotel Pattaya, Central Rd. 24 $ incl. 
Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 107 $ incl. recommend
The Zign hotel Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 86 $ incl. recommend
Tsix5 hotel Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 48 $ incl. recommend
Royal Orchid Resort Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 42 $ 
Wongamat Privacy Residence Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 37 $ incl. 
Wind Mill Resort hotel Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 29 $ incl. 
Pattaya Garden hotel Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 27 $ incl. 
Romeo Palace hotel Pattaya, Naklua Beach Rd. 14 $ incl. 
Woodlands Resort Pattaya, North Rd. 70 $ incl. 
Mantra Pura Resort Pattaya, North Rd. 52 $ incl. 
Best Western Pattaya Pattaya, North Rd. 47 $ incl. 
Thai Garden Resort Pattaya, North Rd. 47 $ incl. recommend
hotel J Pattaya Pattaya, North Rd. 40 $ incl. 
Green Park Resort Pattaya, North Rd. 38 $ incl. 
Bella Villa Metro Pattaya, North Rd. 36 $ incl. 
Sunshine Garden hotel Pattaya, North Rd. 31 $ incl. 
Fairtex Sports Club & hotel Pattaya, North Rd. 26 $ incl. 
Lee Garden Resort Pattaya, North Rd. 22 $ incl. 
Royal Cliff hotels Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 91 $ 
Royal Beach View Pattaya Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 67 $ incl. recommend
Nova Platinum hotel Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 54 $ incl. recommend
Golden Cliff House hotel & Resort Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 50 $ incl. 
Momchailai Pattaya Retreat Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 43 $ incl. 
Cosy Beach hotel Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 39 $ incl. 
Pattaya Bay hotel Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 37 $ incl. 
Erawan hotel Pattaya, Pratumnak Beach 33 $ 
Horseshoe Point Resort Pattaya Pattaya, Siam Country Club 71 $ incl. 
Siam Bayshore Resort & Spa Pattaya, South Rd. 76 $ incl. recommend
Citin Garden Resort Pattaya, South Rd. 63 $ incl. recommend
Best Western Premier Signature Pattaya, South Rd. 51 $ incl. 
Manita Boutique hotel Pattaya, South Rd. 42 $ incl. recommend
New Day-Night hotel Pattaya, South Rd. 24 $ incl. 
hotel Beverly Plaza Pattaya, South Rd. 21 $ incl. 
Diamond City Place Pattaya, South Rd. 20 $ incl. 
Sea Sand Sun Resort & Spa Pattaya, Sukhumvit Rd. 134 $ incl. 
Eastern Grand Palace Pattaya, Sukhumvit Rd. 43 $ incl. 
Eden hotel Pattaya Pattaya, Theprasit Rd. 21 $ incl. 
Long Beach Garden hotel & Spa Pattaya, Wongamat Beach 64 $ incl. 
Loma Resort & Spa Pattaya, Wongamat Beach 33 $ incl. 
Remarks:
Rates for Pattaya hotels are subject to 7% VAT and 10% service charge. provided by R24.org

These  prices will all different from season etc.

My youtube channel .....https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxoT31MMwxjrLmj6um_BnlA

2 Weeks in Jomtien trip report, photo heavy and videos.....  http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/307477-big-g-returns-2-weeks-in-november-photo-heavy-and-some-videos/

First trip report,more then 500 images.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/177415-small-trip-reportbut-heaps-of-photos500-plus/

Thanks guys!Thanks Big Gman! A lot of info to go thru. BTW thanks Daddee this young buck will defer to you,oldhead LOL!!!

I'm 50 as well, I usually stay around the soi diana LK Metro area, heaps of bars and cheap eats and not far from WS. My preferred hotel is LK Metropole I get a months stay in Studio room for 31500 baht. It has a small pool, gym, had a sauna dont know if still working and very quiet. Another is Areca Lodge and LK Renaissance all on soi dianna. 

if you like threesomes, Areca is one of the places that charges you for a second or third girl...  they also don't let girls in if they are under 20, which is weird as they are legal to play with once they are 18...

I like having two girls, and sometimes they might be 19, so Areca is not my cuppa tea.

also when you book your room, book it for two people...  

That is why I love this forum!

Where else would you get viable advice on a hotel that accepts threesomes.

Respect daddee!

:)

april suites charges for extra girls too... 500 baht... I would assume their sister hotel august suites does too...  

any hotel that does this gets crossed off my list, just on principle...

also the 20 and over ones too.

I had one gal last trip that was 19, and so cute...

surunya...

surunya.JPG

Soi 13 may be a good place for you. One way traffic, on the baht bus loop and close to WS. Near mikes Mall and close to Soi Diana.Sandy Springs, Ma Maison, Dynasty, and a few other will be around the 1500 baht range Western restaurants around the corner on beach road and money exchanges. There is a good laundry on the second road end near Wonderful bar and a small clothes market at the other end that is very reasonable. Don't worry about 7-11s and money exchanges. They are everywhere.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Damn Daddee ,a young buck like me can learn a hell of a lot from you oldhead! She is hot!

Damn Daddee ,a young buck like me can learn a hell of a lot from you oldhead! She is hot!

they are all over the place my friend...  it is an honor to have their company and help them help their families...  it is so addictive and seductive, it is difficult to explain, once you have been there you will know better what I am talking about...

these women are magical...  BUT!!!: do read as much as you can here about the disasters that lurk in the future for men dipping their toes in this seductive water...  some go over the falls...

some crazy american guy just got busted for robbing a bank... 62 years old, obviously ran out of money and didn't want to go home...  

it is a fantasy land and can chew you up... 

young buck (I am 59, ha!), there are all sorts of modes of transport to get you anywhere in the playground of pattaya...   

walking street is sort of one end of the region, with soi 6 being the other end, although that end does go a bit further, up to soi 2 where several soapies and a few more beer bars are...

you can take baht busses everywhere in this area for 10 baht, and they are continuously driving the two one way streets that make a loop of this area, from walking street up to soi 2.

centrally located hotels that I like are Page 10, View Talay 6, and Flipper Lodge, all great places...  View Talay 6 would probably not be good for you as there is a bit of a hike to get to the lobby from the street, uphill... So Page 10 and Flipper Lodge would be great options for you.  Page 10 being a more upscale joint, and a bit more money... up to you!

you can actually hire a baht bus like a taxi too, to take you door to door, for 100-200 baht.  there are taxis too for about the same price, so it is VERY easy to get around.

a better hotel site I was just turned onto is 

http://www.thaihoteldiscounts.com/

It uses agoda, but is run by a great guy who will personally assist you, and he even offers an additional discount on top of the agoda prices...

Cheers, and have fun!  

... second daddee's recommendation on www.thaihoteldiscounts.com ... the best of two valuable resources here ... Agoda's extensive reservation engine, data base and pricing power ... plus, his phone number and personal service (very useful when Thai hotels surprise you, which is not so uncommon, if you are a tourist) ... have used this booking service exclusively for travel within Thailand for a couple of years now ... a farang, the guy is totally responsive and 'gets it' ...  and ... he understands the special needs of sex tourists.

... so, the basics on a hotel locaton ... take a look at the Pattaya Beach road map ... at the THB 1,500-2,000 price points, you can find accommodation in prime, prime locations ... suggest you confine your search to hotels located on Beach Road (Pattaya Sai Neung), or 2nd Road (Pattaya Sai Song), or any small side soi connecting the two ... cheap baht buses constantly circulate in a counter-clockwise direction on these two north-south roads, from the south end of the beach (Pattaya Sai, where Walking Street begins) to the north end of the beach (Pattaya Nua, anchored by the Dusit Resort hotel, beyond which you would probably find little of interest.

... the sois connecting Beach Road and 2nd Road are about 300-400m in length ... if you can manage a 200m walk, you will find ample transportation to most anything you need ... otherwise, a few of on these hotels are located within maybe 50m of either Beach Road, or 2nd Road ... if you cannot manage that, be prepared for the aggravation of dealing with taxis and their notoriously mercenary fees, crappy service and generally nasty attitude ... not yet Phuket nasty, but unpleasant people who fu*kin' ruin my outlook for a few hours whenever I have to deal with them ... they are #1 on my list of people to avoid, above even the grinning, ever-nagging Indian suit-mongers (everyone's new best friend forever and ever and ever).

... something needs to be said about a material gap in the quality between old school legacy hotels, and the next generation hotels ... the former hotels are hag buildings planned, designed, furnished and finished by Thai (or, worse, family members with no real understanding of hospitality (and, neither of whom have apparently ever stayed in an international quality anything) ... their basic bones are poor, so all the renovations they attempt are mere cosmetics on oinkers ... the latter hotels are more recently opened, and have benefited by professional planners and designers ... materially better than the old school legacy hotels, next generation hotels are usually priced about the same.

... examples of next generation hotels at which I frequent are Summer Spring, Page 10, See Me Spring Too, See Me Spring, and Seven Zea Chic (which is my favorite ... very nicely finished and furnished ... quiet ... super rooftop pool with panoramic view over the bay) ... maybe August Suites (owned I believe by the same family who might own others in the above) ... the rooftop pools in all of these next generation hotels make the old school legacy hotels pale by comparison ... watch for them.

... suggest that you go to www.thaihoteldiscounts.com ... the filters you might select are "Currency" (I trade in THB), "Price" (select THB 2,000), "hotel Area" (select Beach Road) ... that will get you to a manageable selection ... again, check if breakfast, wifi, tax, service charge, etc. are included, and the cancellation terms ... this is where the guy that runs this web site might help, since he can circumvent Agoda's faceless, nameless ethereal machine ... arranging early arrivals, late departures, etc.

... you will have to dig a bit deeper on your own (amongst forum members here) to find what hotels charge joiner fees for a second guest on the same day, or at the same time ... remember to reserve for two (price is the same, as for one).

... I believe whether you stay at the north end of Pattaya Beach, or the south end is irrelevant ... the only real difference is 3-5 minutes longer a ride on the baht bus to wherever you are going ... cost is the same (THB 10) ... generally, less night noise on the north end of the beach (areas as LK Metro are prone to late night rockin' and rollin' blasting into the wee hours) ... neighborhood amenities (restaurants, convenience stores, up-and-up massage places, shopping, laundry, pharmacies) are generally the same on either end of the beach ... bit of Thailand trivia: Thailand historically claims more 7-11's per capita than any country in the world ... might be #2 behind Japan now ... I am unsure ... still, they are ubiquitous around Pattaya Beach and never more than 100 metres apart ... no kidding ... Thais are now opening up 7-11's inside of 7-11's!

... bring it, bud ... I think you are going to really like this ... a lot!

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

I'm a fan of Pattaya Bay Resort, but I wouldn't recommend it right now.  There is major contsruction going on, front and back, and also a long walk down the drive to the Avenue.  That said, the price is good, it's very well run and clean and there are no silly rules like girls have to be 20+.

Check out the Agoda website which is a sponsor here. They usually have some deep discounts on hotels that change often so keep checking back. 2014 is a long wait for your trip! Good luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions,my brothers! When I first became a member,I was hell bent on going to stay at Pattaya Bay Resort,but I will of course keep my options open.

The best location for a new visitor to Pattaya is between Sois 10-13. Some excellent hotels in this area.

Add Whitehouse Condotel to your list, especially if you are a golfer.

Page 10 gets good review, nice pool area on the roof

LEK hotel is a quaint older style place to stay.

Its and easy walk from this area to Walking Street and LK Metro-Soi Buakhao, and a short baht bus trip up to sois 7-8 and Soi 6.

Archived