IGNORED

Airlines ?

spider0064

Hello,

Anyone got any suggestions for which is the best to join, i'm with Emirates but now pissed off as there

best fares now want you to go via Dubai then Hong Kong, ok if you want to stopover, not sure if fare

on Gtw/Dubai/Bkk will drop for mid Feb.

Good fares now from Qatar and Thai direct.

Spider

Hello,

Anyone got any suggestions for which is the best to join, i'm with Emirates but now pissed off as there

best fares now want you to go via Dubai then Hong Kong, ok if you want to stopover, not sure if fare

Spider

I really like the Thai FF scheme. I managed to qualify for top status just flying economy class. My last flight last month was in 1st class, seat 1a with a free leg to Manila and back. I only had to pay 70 000 airmiles for the return flight (economy is usually 65 000) because of a birthday offer they make to the top FF card holders. I still have a guaranteed upgrade for my next trip and enough airmiles for a business class trip using the birthday offer in September.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

Hello,

Spider

Emerites only send you via hong kong when the dubai - bangkok flight is already full.

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

I found the Emirates Skywards program very generous since you'll get 100% of the miles even for the cheapest booking class. many european carriers will just give you 50%. With two eco flights from europe to bkk a year you can qualify for the silver program and then use the nice business class lounge in dubai.

large sig = small penis

Im also a silver card holder with Emirates Skywards programme.

I find it the best programme going, and even better if you pay a little extra to book your flight through the Emirates website, where you will recieve an extra 25% airmiles.

If you use your miles to upgrade to Business class, you can expect a chauffer driven car to pick you up from your house (if you live within a 70 mile radius of the airport),and use of the Business lounge at your UK airport.

You will find loads more info and photos of the food and service you come to expect with Emirates here.

Prince

Edited by princepattaya

The first time i fley with Qutar on their reward programme i was given use of the business class lounges travelling on economy and boosted to first class from Dubai to BKK !! Was great !! Mx

They recently sent me infomation though stating that they were changing the rewards system so what they were offering they may not be offering anymore.

http://www.qmiles.com/

mx

Thanks for the replies, i'll be looking at Thai air see what there offering in terms of price seems to

have a lot of good reports.

I want to stick with Emirates as i have Silver but they still quote £250 more to go dubai - bangkok than

via hong kong, maybe i was lucky but flew 4 times last year paid between £450 - £523.

Qatar coming in at £502 now with minimal stopover, not sure if its worth waiting and hope emirates

drops to nearer £500.

Past expiereance tells me they can drop as much as £200 but also rise just as quick.

Thanks again

spider

Spider,

I have flown with Emirates more than 10 times over the last few years, and have never paid less than £480 (BHX-BKK), and that was about 2 years ago.

You will be lucky if can get an economy Emirates flight for less than £500 including tax now (depending on when your planning to travel), and I feel very happy to have just paid £524 for my flight in early February through Emirates own website, gaining myself an extra 3000 airmiles for booking through this way, thus allowing me to cash in my miles next time to book economy and travel in the 'pointy end' of the plane.

Prince

I paid £495 on the emirates website for my January flight from Newcastle.

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

Yeh your right, want to fly out mid feb with prices on emirates web at £526 via dubai & hong kong but now £658 down from £ 719 since last week via dubai only .

Think i'll just have to hold my nerve & hope they drop some more, maybe i'm just hoping for to good a deal :D

i'll let ya know how i get on.

Thanks, spider

Yeh your right, want to fly out mid feb with prices on emirates web at £526 via dubai & hong kong but now £658 down from £ 719 since last week via dubai only .

Think i'll just have to hold my nerve & hope they drop some more, maybe i'm just hoping for to good a deal :BirthdayCake1:

Thanks, spider

why not make a one day stop in HKG? for the 140 quid that you'll save you can have a fun day there and you will earn some 2000 more skyward miles

large sig = small penis

I payed £533 for flights and three weeks in hotel beverley plaza, do you think this is cheap? it was end of june into july :BirthdayCake1:

Where did you get that deal mate?

Think i'll just have to hold my nerve & hope they drop some more, maybe i'm just hoping for to good a deal :BirthdayCake1:

Im going on the 9-Jan and the prices were simular to mid feb. I got my ticket with Thai Airways ( cant be bothered with the lengthy stops this time) for £640 to Phuket its £590 to BKK. Its from a travel company = Southall Travel. Worth having a look.

http://www.southalltravel.co.uk/

the other good thing the flights go at night (usually the flights for emerates / qutar) leave in the morning. I arrive in thailand with enough time to get to a hotel and go out for the night!!

MX