IGNORED

Wave Hotel Beach road.

Banana Boy 123

This new hotel on Beach road, Wave hotel looks nice but just why is it so expensive ???

The prices are 6000/7000 baht per night.

Any one stayed here or can give us a run down on it.

Here are a few pics from the net.

post-112022-0-27876600-1369885604_thumb.png

post-112022-0-86935400-1369885641_thumb.jpg

I would love to see the receptionist (and customers) face if i stayed there and walk in three times a day with a different dirty yaba whore in flip flops from beach road...

Perfect location for my favourite activity...

I noticed this new hotel while driving by during my last stay.  I just about had a heart attack when I saw in the OP what this place costs... I went to the hotel webpage and my shock was confirmed.  The rooms look nice, but not 7,000baht nice.  I didn't see any info on the webpage about there being a swimming pool.

There's also no info about joiner fee's, but I would expect the same fee's at the Hilton (1k baht) since this place is "upmarket".

Hopefully a BM will stay here and let us know how much bang they get for the buck in this place.

Cheers...

6 to 7K....I will give it pass, just too much for a room here when there are so many other reasonably price options. 

I noticed this new hotel while driving by during my last stay.  I just about had a heart attack when I saw in the OP what this place costs... I went to the hotel webpage and my shock was confirmed.  The rooms look nice, but not 7,000baht nice.  I didn't see any info on the webpage about there being a swimming pool.

There's also no info about joiner fee's, but I would expect the same fee's at the Hilton (1k baht) since this place is "upmarket".

Hopefully a BM will stay here and let us know how much bang they get for the buck in this place.

Cheers...

They have a small pool. 

Just looked at a few nights in some top end hotels in Pattaya for July 2013 & this Wave hotel is more expensive than most.

More expensive than Hilton, Sheraton, Marriott, D2, Dusit Thani, & many others.

Fucking amazing, I must be missing some thing here. 

I will remember to laugh loudly next time i am in Patts, walking by and seeing someone enter this hotel :GoldenSmile1:

On a more serious note, i have stayed at some fancy luxury hotels in Europe some years ago, and i just wasnt comfortable there. Gimme a middleclass hotel with no joiner-fee and i am content in Patts.  Would feel misplaced walking around on the hotel premises in flip flops, t-shirt and shorts anyway :GoldenSmile1:

6000/7000 baht per night :Good_Night:

At those prices, the hotel should provide free Agogo girl longtimes.

Sorry but their pricing is just ridiculous...what do they offer? Small pool, not many restaurants or bars to chose from, no special rooms...this place won't survive long time with this pricing structure. I walked in and looked around 14 days ago. For around 3-3,5k this would be a fair offer but when being in the same price range like Marriott or Hilton they need to offer much more.

Come on guys, you get that "Miami Chic" plus it's right on the beach and the rooms should be brand spanking new and clean, not with jizz stains on the carpet and curtains.

It's all about the ambiance.

You sound like jealous haterz who are being priced out of Pattaya, oh yea Pattaya is changing for the worse!!!

:GoldenSmile1:

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

• 3 weeks later...

Just been looking at this hotel for my stay next month - looks really nice, but the prices are very high and there's no idea if it's GF.

In the end booked a Terrace Suite at the Marriott for less (and could have got one of the main building Marriott rooms for a lot less, but I like the Terrace suites).   At least with The Marriott you know what you are getting for the price - and it's GF.  

• 1 month later...

Send an email to the hotel, asking about their policy for joining guests. Here's the reply from the hotel manager:

If mean for visitor policy, ID card/passport require to keep at front deak without extra charge and under 20yrs not allow and iif bring 2nd person joining will be charge 1,000bht/person/night

Will stay here next month for one night and for sure will post a review. Paid 4.090 THB inclusive breakfast und wifi, booked through hotels.com

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Archived