Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Triangle Bar Business Thread

Trianglebar

Its Independence day today that was the answer to the bonus question that materialsman got two days ago and the reason we have a Sci-fi theme this week.

So know one has ever watched the Alien movies the answers were, Ash and Bishop. 

Last day of the Sci-fi questions. 

Name the film in which the following space ships play a role:

Bar Question: Nostromo 

Forum question:  Dark Star 

Todays Promo in the bar is Leo 85Baht BOGOF. 

The Triangle Bar YOU PAY LESS

Join the party Facebook.com/trianglebar

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Clever Trevor who got both answers correct and didnt fall into the Trap of thinking Dark star was the Death Star in Staw wars. 

The answers were Alien for the bar and Darkstar for the forum.. 

Lots of sport on this weekend F1 FootBall Rugby, Nrl, Afl

Weekend Promo in the bar is Draught Cider 129 a pint.

yes they do......Buy one get one free.........

Does the Triangle usually have Singha Light available?

Does the Triangle usually have Singha Light available?

Yes As stormbird kindly answered for me its the 3rd most popular beer and sells at 80Baht Buy one get one Free 8am til midnight except on Worldcup days when we extend the Happyhour throughout the night for the games. 

Itssssss Mondayyyyyyyyyyyyyy want an action packed weekend of sport the F1 was smashing the Tennis was nail biting and the AFL well still confusing :P

So as we enter the final week of the World Cup remember the Triangle Bar is the place to see all the Action and with happy hour prices throughout the games. We Spoil you too much. 

Please Remember that this week has Two Buddha Days the 11th and 12th NO ALCOHOL but you in luck as the play offs for third and fourth fall on the 13th so We will be open from midnight so you dont miss any games.

This weeks Quiz has a connection with the answers, Can you guess the connection before Friday? 

Bar Question: Which Oscar-winning 2009 Kathryn Bigelow film features the work of a three-man US Army Explosive Ordnance Disposal team during the Iraq War?

Forum Question: In geology, how is a planar fracture or discontinuity in a volume of rock, across which there has been significant displacement, better known?

Todays Promo in the bar is Carlsberg 95Baht BOGOF. 

Yesterday didnt start off so well the answers were Forum: FAULT LINE and Bar: THE HURT LOCKER.

Remember there all connected some how guess the connection

Bar question: Which Elvis Presley song, based on the tune of a Civil War ballad, 'Aura Lee', was released in September 1956, two months before the movie of the same name?

Forum Question:  How did Baroness Marie Christine Agnes Hedwig Ida von Reibnitz become better known when she married into the British Royal Family in 1978?

Todays Promo in the bar is Three Oaks Cider 80Baht each Dry Apple, Wildberry, Peach. 

Its State of Origin in the bar today will it be a white wash 3-0 or can they pull it back to a 2-1 defeat ??? kicks off 5pm in the bar

Also Patrick is back tonight with a little bit of rock and roll and soft rock he will be playing live from 8pm.

Can we give you more? YES WE CAN. football tonight kick off on the big screen from 3am with happy hour prices all night. phew that was a lot to remember.

Yesterday we did a little better the forum was won by Ron with LOVE ME TENDER the forum didnt get won again the answer i was looking for was PRINCESS MICHAEL OF KENT. No one has guessed the connection correctly yet. 

Bar question: In the hit US TV comedy series 'Sex and the City', how is John James Preston, Carrie's on/off boyfriend/husband, better known?

Forum question: Dactyloscopy is the technical term for the identification of what?

Todays Promo in the bar is Sangsom 60Baht Buy one get one free. 

We have extended our Cider range again to now include Stowford Press. Bottles are 140baht and the cans 150baht. Bringing our Cider range to a massive 18 different options who else in Pattaya can claim a bigger range? 

Well done to Thinkingallowed he's been very quiet the last few weeks but yesterday he struck back we a double answer getting the Forum correct with FINGERPRINTS he also got the bonus connection which links then all together that was FOOT. 

no one got the bar that was (MR) BIG.

Its the Last day as Buddha days are upon us and that gives me a reason to have a well earned rest, so you know the connection is Foot here are the last two questions for the week, 

Bar Question:What structure was bought in 1968 by Missourian entrepreneur Robert McCulloch, allegedly by mistake, and now stands at Lake Havasu City in Arizona?

Forum Question: What was the name of the appalling 1987 single by footballers Glenn Hoddle and Chris Waddle, which somehow reached No.12 in the UK charts?

Todays Promo in the bar is Breezers Come try the new Apple Envy flavour along with the others we sell only 120Baht Buy one get one free. 

We Will Reopen tonight from Midnight. the 3rd and 4th play off of the world cup will be on at 3am and our happy hour buy one get one free will remain in place all night. Look forward to welcoming everyone back. 

We are all back in full swing Happy hour all night for the World Cup Final.

Draught Cider 129baht a pint.

And to get you in the party mood that Pattaya is famous for we have Live music tonight with Haji from 8pm. 

The Triangle Bar YOU REALLY DO PAY LESS

Morning everyone or if you stayed up last night to watch the Final Good afternoon. Lets clear up last weeks answers and winners before we get stuck into this week. So the Bar answer was London Bridge and lee won that one the forum went to Materialsman for Diamond Lights.

This weeks Quiz Theme is Arnold Schwarzenegger its his 67th Birthday this month and with a new movie about to hit the screens i am paying homage to this action hero.

Please stick to the rule no google for the bar question you have to be first in to answer to win the drink and for the Forum/Facebook page please PM the answer so it does not spoil it for others.  

Bar Question: How many times did he win the Mr Universe body building title?

Forum/Facebook Question: In which movie is the famous line “Hasta la Vista Baby” first heard? 

Todays Promo in the bar is San Mig Light 100Baht Buy one get one free. 

I'm gonna put it out there that I like your bar a lot, except for 2 things. 

First, is the weird spray things set up on the fans. Whenever they come on I feel like I'm being coated with some weird slimy funk, it feels gross and it grosses me out to think of that spray getting into my drink. 

Second, I'm sorry to say, I hate the friday night music. I meet there with some other BM often on Friday nights and I just cant stick around for more than a couple drinks before I move on, it is way too loud for that space. Triangle seems more of a drink and chat with your mates kind of bar every other day of the week, but it's nigh impossible to carry on conversation when the music dude is doing his thing. I'll concede his act is above average for Pattaya bar music acts, there are places that I can't even be within a block of, they are so bad. 

Just my 2 satang, take it as you will :) and know I do wish you folks success. Like I said, I like this bar overall, outside of these 2 points.

I'm gonna put it out there that I like your bar a lot, except for 2 things. 

First, is the weird spray things set up on the fans. Whenever they come on I feel like I'm being coated with some weird slimy funk, it feels gross and it grosses me out to think of that spray getting into my drink. 

Second, I'm sorry to say, I hate the friday night music. I meet there with some other BM often on Friday nights and I just cant stick around for more than a couple drinks before I move on, it is way too loud for that space. Triangle seems more of a drink and chat with your mates kind of bar every other day of the week, but it's nigh impossible to carry on conversation when the music dude is doing his thing. I'll concede his act is above average for Pattaya bar music acts, there are places that I can't even be within a block of, they are so bad. 

Just my 2 satang, take it as you will :) and know I do wish you folks success. Like I said, I like this bar overall, outside of these 2 points.

Thanks for the feed back i really do listen and take on board what is being said, If i feel we can change things or make your visit better i will. 

Let me answer both your points.

The water spray is just that. Its Filtered water that goes through two sets of filters a lot cleaner that what comes out of your shower. Its put on in the days to cool the bar down. Using it the temp can drop by 2-3 degrees which makes a huge difference if its hot outside. I take your note that some people don't like it and we do try not to put it on at night, But sometimes its just too busy and hot and a quick 10min burst  does cool down the bar. I hope now that you know that we do filter the water before its pumped into the fans you will feel different about it and i invite anyone  that wants to see the system of the filters just ask i will show them. I do also flush the pipes on a weekly basis with an antibacterial agent to make sure there are no nasty creatures lurking in the pipes. 

The Music: Its a difficult one to really answer as i understand that not everyone likes live music or certain types of music, I can say that the majority of people do come along to listen to the music and we get a strong following from the 332 gang here on addicts (who im very thankful for there custom) As a regular drinker you will know we play different music every night and its never really that loud. Yes Live music can sound and is slightly harder to control but i do try and monitor it and get them to keep it to a reasonable level. We have different bands playing different styles. On Wednesday Patrick plays more soft rock than the power ballads that get belted out on a friday. Feel free to come in and if the musics to loud let me know i will get them to drop it a little. 

I hope thats an honest answer to your points raised And if you or anyone wants to make some constructive criticism let me know i do listen and do try and change if its within my power and beneficial to the bar 

Thanks for the feed back i really do listen and take on board what is being said, If i feel we can change things or make your visit better i will. 

Let me answer both your points.

The water spray is just that. Its Filtered water that goes through two sets of filters a lot cleaner that what comes out of your shower. Its put on in the days to cool the bar down. Using it the temp can drop by 2-3 degrees which makes a huge difference if its hot outside. I take your note that some people don't like it and we do try not to put it on at night, But sometimes its just too busy and hot and a quick 10min burst  does cool down the bar. I hope now that you know that we do filter the water before its pumped into the fans you will feel different about it and i invite anyone  that wants to see the system of the filters just ask i will show them. I do also flush the pipes on a weekly basis with an antibacterial agent to make sure there are no nasty creatures lurking in the pipes. 

The Music: Its a difficult one to really answer as i understand that not everyone likes live music or certain types of music, I can say that the majority of people do come along to listen to the music and we get a strong following from the 332 gang here on addicts (who im very thankful for there custom) As a regular drinker you will know we play different music every night and its never really that loud. Yes Live music can sound and is slightly harder to control but i do try and monitor it and get them to keep it to a reasonable level. We have different bands playing different styles. On Wednesday Patrick plays more soft rock than the power ballads that get belted out on a friday. Feel free to come in and if the musics to loud let me know i will get them to drop it a little. 

I hope thats an honest answer to your points raised And if you or anyone wants to make some constructive criticism let me know i do listen and do try and change if its within my power and beneficial to the bar 

Can't complain about an honest answer. :) Like I said, just my opinion, and I wish you guys success!

For whatever reason, I don't think there was live music happening when I was there in early February as I remember watching premier league games without bands playing. Maybe I was there at the wrong times or something.

I really like the bar though, and kind of use it as my 'base' throughout the day or evening (popping in after a walk-about). I will be sure to check out the music offered in august and duly report my opinion, which should be taken as one of many grains of salt of course!

Has a good time watching the WC in your bar with the one-on-one offer, just a bit iffy about a few stray soi dogs who happen to like your bar to sleep :)

................................................................................................................

Well another great start to the week no one guessed that the bar answer was 4. I also caught a lot of you out on the forums and facebook all those people that said Terminator were wrong. Jacko from pattayatalk forum managed to get the correct answer which was Terminator 2 – Judgement Day.

Tonight we are have Haji back playing in the bar. We know how most of you love the live music and give to some exercise with a little dancing. 

Bar question: In which 1994 comedy movie did Arnie play a pregnant man? 

Forum Question: Mr Freeze was a  character was played by him in the 1997 movie “Batman and Robin” But who was Mr Freeze Alta Ego.? 

Todays Promo in the bar is Leo 85Baht Buy one get one free. 

Also thanks to Coke we are giving away free glasses to anyone who buys a coke, coke zero or coke lite. One per customer.

The weeks chugging along nicely lets give you some new products to make it even better. Another New Cider Thatchers Pear Cider 500ml 170baht very refreshing i been told. 

So come along and try it out. This now makes 19 options of Cider to choose from. 

As out Draught bar has proved a success with the Draught Cider how about we can a Beer and Stout on Tap.

We now have SA Smooth and Brains Black for the special price of 155Baht a Pint. . 

pear.jpgsa smooth.jpgstout.jpg

Yesterday the winner was Kev Cov of Addicits for the answer Victor Fries again no one got the bar which was Junior.

Bar Question: What was the title of the second movie in the Conan series released in 1984?

Forum/Facebook Question: Who was the previous Governor of California before Arnie?

Live Music in the bar with Patrick and Nick tonight kicks off at 8,30pm 

Todays Promo in the bar is Sangsom 60Baht Buy one get one free. 

Today in the Bar we have a special Trio of Singers performing all the hits. kicks off at 8pm

Last nights Blues was fantasic its good to have Nick back with the legend that is Patrick. Thankyou Guys see you next wednesday. 

Jacko won for the Talk forum with Graham Grey Davis. No one got the bar question a lot of you thought it was Red sonia but the answer was Conan the Destroyer.

Bar question:What was the title of the autobiographical book published by Arnie in 2012? 

Forum/Facebook Question: In what film did Arnie play John 'Breacher' Wharton ? 

Come and try the new bitter and stout only 155Baht a pint

What did you think of the music last night?  Our music line up just gets better and better. 

D'trax trio were amazing. They will be back next Thursday. 

No music tonight as another bar is having a "we are desperate for money lets give away free food party"  and fill the street with loud i cant hear myself talk music. 

Materialsman won for the Secrets forum he had already given me the answer indirectly at the beginning of the week. It was of course the blood fest film Sabotage. 

We had a bar winner yesterday Pat an avid reader so he tells me had read the book Total Recall only the other month. Nice meeting you pat hope you enjoyed the Free drink. 

Last day of the week and last day of the Quiz. lets see how you do.

Bar question: Who plays his wife in the 1994 comedy “True Lies”? 

Forum Question:What was his last film role prior to becoming Governor of California?

Todays Promo in the bar is Grab some Free Food then drink in the Triangle Bar We are Cheaper on all our Beers Today. 

I stumped the forum with the last question of the week it was a film that i didn't even know he was in Around the World in Eighty Days.The Bar answer was easy with Jamie lee curtis being the correct answer for britboy.

So the weekend is upon us. We have a packed weekend of Live music tonight delayed from last night. On the TV we have the Open, F1 and Moto GP some NRL and if the boys from last week are back some Hurling. 

Additions to our usual weekend promotion its now Called Draught Weekend. All reduced by 10Baht 

Weekend Promo in the bar is Draught Weekend, Cider 129B. Stout 145B and Cream Flow Bitter 145B a pint.

Im the proud owner of my new 5 year driving licence after all the fiasco of getting it. So this weeks theme is all about cars but i like to mix it up a bit so its anagrams of cars. 

Bar question: I put on fat

Forum/Facebook question:  Roach and cod

Todays Promo in the bar is Finlandia Vodka + Mixer 100Baht BOGOF. 

*Deleted*

Sorry, didn't know the rules

Countdown Clocks

*Deleted*

My bad

P.S I love that ur a brit so I know the car names.

Throw in Dodge and Caddy then I'm screwed

Countdown Clocks

Archived