IGNORED

Triangle Bar Business Thread

Trianglebar

Well done Materialsman from the club for getting such an easy question right for the forum it was Tiananmen Square and to P1 Pete for getting two right this week with Bounty. 

Back to being a little harder today 

Bar Question: Salvador Allende was killed during a coup by the army in which South American country in 1973?

Forum Question:  In which country was Nicolae Ceausescu executed after an army uprising in 1990?

Todays Promo in the bar is Smirnoff Ice Honey 120Baht Buy one get one free.

The Triangle Bar YOU PAY LESS

Join the party Facebook.com/trianglebar

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MM from Pattayatalk was first again with the forum answer Romania and Mike got the bar answer of Chile

Last lot of questions for the week see how you do. Any thoughts on what you want next weeks theme to be?

Live Music in the bar again tonight We know how to Party and we invite you to come along and join us. 

Bar Question:  In which country was revolutionary Che Guevara born?

Forum Question:  which country had "The May Coup d'État"?

Todays Promo in the bar is Beer Lao 100Baht Buy one get one free.

Thinkingallowed won the forum with Poland and no one came to the bar to win, the answer was Argentina.

Curfew still on to midnight so get in early i hate kicking people out the bar because its closing time 

Weekend Promo in the bar is Draught Cider 129 a pint.

Thinkingallowed won the forum with Poland and no one came to the bar to win, the answer was Argentina.

Curfew still on to midnight so get in early i hate kicking people out the bar because its closing time 

Kicking people out of a bar at midnight, Such a western idea! 55555555

Kicking people out of a bar at midnight, Such a western idea! 55555555

It breaks my heart to kick paying customers out but its better than sitting in a Thai Jail for breaking the law. 

Happy Monday morning to you all. 

With all this Curfew early nights and the bar rocking on Music nights its about time i had a Holiday. So from this Thursday i will be taking a well earned break. So being a short week for us there is no Theme to the Quiz just random questions.

Bar question: Oenology (or Onology) is the science of making what?

Forum Question: Gourde, Lempira, Rial, Won, Ringgit, Togrog and Cordoba are all examples of what?

Todays Promo in the bar is Australian Red Wine 400 Baht A Bottle

Tuesday what a great day maybe the best day of the week. 

Yesterday Materialsman won for the live forum with Currencies and the bar was a little too tricky for everyone it was wine making.

Bar Question: Which creature was slain with a vorpal blade near the Tumtum tree?

Forum Question: The Discovery is an ill fated space ship in which film?

Todays Promo in the bar is San mig Light 100Baht Buy one get one free.

Lets start with some Good news Beer Lao Dark now in stock 115 Buy one Get one free. 

Its music night in the Bar Patrick will be playing his usual set getting you up rocking and rolling. 

Yesterday some really random answers to the questions that i posed. The forum was one by Materialsman for The club Forum he is spreading his wins. The correct answer was  2001: A Space Odyssey. It seems not many people have read the book Through the Looking-Glass as the answer comes from that book it was Jabberwocky.

An easy one for the bar today a little harder for the forum. 

Bar question: As of 2014, who was the only player in the last 50 years to have won the golden boot in both top flight Scottish and English football?

Forum Question:The name of which controversial art form stems from a Latin word meaning 'stylus'

Todays Promo in the bar is Sangsom + Mixer  60Baht Buy one get one free.

Phew its such a nice morning after all that rain last night the Temp has dropped a little. 

Thankyou Patrick for last nights musical experience the electric guitar  was a nice change question being won bge.

Yesterday had the bar question being won by Steve the only he was over the moon he got Andy Gray. The forum Win went to Materialsman again even with his late entry "because of work" Poor excuse he managed to give the right answer of Graffiti

Bar Question: Which Number is considered an unlucky number in Italy?

Forum Question: Name the four members of the order known as Crocodilia?

Todays Promo in the bar is Smirnoff Ice Honey 120Baht Buy one get one free.

Ouch a little hard for you yesterday But the good thing shows your not using Google to answer the questions so thankyou for that. The answers were Bar Question = 17 and the forum question was Crocodile, Alligator, Cayman (Caiman) and Gavial (Gharial) someone did get 3 of the four nice try. 

We now have Traditional Scrumpy Cider in the bar its very very strong and only 110 a pint. Limited offer. 

No Live music in the bar tonight due to other bars holding a party and we all know Thai Karaoke out blasts other sound on this planet! We have moved for this week only our band to Sunday night. So go eat all the free food being offered and then come across and enjoy a no hassle bar with Singha Light on special tonight. 

Bar question:  Nova is a pretty quiet woman in which cult sci-fi film?

Forum Question: The acronym FLOTUS stands for what?

Todays Promo in the bar is Singha light 75Baht Buy one get one free.

A Big well done to Cluster from Pattaya Talk for being the first to get the answer right of First lady of the united states. and a late win for max/Mac with Planet of the apes.

Well its the weekend we have the international Rugby on today from 2pm  and the f1 on tomorrow.

im on my hols next week so a bit of peace and quiet on the boards see you all in a weeks time.

Weekend promotion is draught cider 129 a pint

• 2 weeks later...

We have all the World cup games on in the bar.

Its Aussie Day in the Bar tomorrow dont miss the state of origin and them followed by the World cup. 

Well im back in the bar after a short break. Hope you all missed the questions and the daily promotions. Will be back to normal tomorrow.

Today in the Bar we got the F1 starts at 6pm 

I have a really special promotion today for limited time while stocks last 

Todays Promo in the bar is Cider Punch 50baht a 1/2 pint glass. Limited stock.

I enjoy a Cider like the old days but can do without a Punch these days LOL

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

So back for a few days let the questions begin. Usual rules apple no googleing the answers, First one into the bar with the correct answer wins a free drink (you have to be a paying customer) PM the forum answer to me dont post in the open as it spoils it for others. 

This weeks theme is Nicknames for cities. E.g The Big Apple is New York. Ok you get the idea 

Bar question:  The City of 100 Spires

Forum question: Shaky Town

Todays Promo in the bar is JagerBombs 110 BOGOF. 

Well First day back at the Helm and we got a bar winner with Allan 18Coins getting Prague as the answer winning himself a free drink No one got San Francisco for the Forum.

Bar question:  The Athens of the North

Forum question: The Pearl of the Orient

Todays Promo in the bar is Three Oaks Cider 90Baht each Dry Apple, Wildberry, Peach. 

Well last day of questions as im off tomorrow until next week, Im making the answers easy today. 

Yesterday Materialsman gets a win for the forum and an extra point for making me work so hard on the answer. I was looking for Manila for the correct answer but have since found that Hong Kong, Panang, and a few other places claim to be the Pearl of the orient. 

Bar question: What city is known as the Big apple

Forum Question: The Mini Apple

Have a great week see you all on Sunday 

Well im allowed back to manage the bar so what have i missed?

Lets clear up Wednesdays answers and winners Well done to steve from Facebook for getting the forum answer of Minneapolis and well done to Peter P who got the bar answer of New york. Verry easy. 

So another short week again for me here until Wednesday (if anyone is looking for a manager for 3 days a week let me know :P

This weeks theme is Sci-fi.

Bar question: What kind of poetry is annoying in "The Hitch Hikers guide to the Galaxy"?

Forum Question: In which film, who sings "Daisy Daisy give me your answer do...." after loosing his logical thinking mind ?

Sorry for the late start had a emergency at the vets today some soi dog will be paying the price later.

Well and ok start to the week kevcov got the forum answer 2001 a space odyssey. No one came into the bar to win the free drink it pissreck did pm me the correct answer yogon.

Today's questions

Bar question: what planet does Spock come from?

Forum question: what children's toy did e.t use to phone home?

Sorry for the late start had a emergency at the vets today some soi dog will be paying the price later.

Well and ok start to the week kevcov got the forum answer 2001 a space odyssey. No one came into the bar to win the free drink it pissreck did pm me the correct answer yogon.

Today's questions

Bar question: what planet does Spock come from?

Forum question: what children's toy did e.t use to phone home?

The Dogs doing a lot better for those that sent me pm's 6000baht later and the owner of the other dog wont pay :S 

So yesterday the answers were Vulcan which was got by BigStu no one answers the forum which was Speak and Spell. 

Who wrote the following sci-fi classics ?

Bar question: Coma 

Forum Question: Do Androids dream of electric sheep?

No World cup on tonight but just so that you have something to watch i will be putting on a video of Paint Drying So get in early and watch all the action!!!!

Well done to MM from PattayaTalk for getting the Forum Answer correct first. The answer was  Philip K. Dick. The book is what the film Blade Runner is Based on. 

No one got the Bar question which was the late great Michael Crichton.

More Sci-fi questions coming up: A Bonus question just for fun what Sci-fi film ties in with this week? 

Bar Question: What kills the aliens in the film Evolution.

Forum Question:  What kills the aliens in the film Mars Attacks.

Please PM the answers to the forum if you want to play along. 

Todays Promo in the bar is San Mig Light 100Baht BOGOF. 

Well the Paint video was an outstanding success come back tonight to see how it end :P

Well done to MM for getting the forum answer which was playing music (Slim Whitman country music) no one got the bar answer which was Anti dandruff shampoo. 

Hard ones today

Name the android in 

Bar Question: Alien 

Forum Question: Aliens 

Todays Promo in the bar is Three Oaks Cider 80Baht each Dry Apple, Wildberry, Peach. 

We know you all love our bar lets see if we can make it a little better for you.

Forum dont ask.jpg

Archived