Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Triangle Bar Business Thread

Trianglebar

Just read through the last few posts concerning the price increase issue.

To a certain extent, all the business owners In Pattaya need to keep a level of goodwill with the neighbouring bars.  

If an issue arises, it may not be 'pistols at dawn' that settles the dispute, but other quieter and more underhanded means.  As has happened before, for example, you suddenly have a 'customer' bar-fining one of your girls who in fact is a Police informant.  Followed by a raid and charges of running a prostitution ring........

Based on that, I understood the pressure for a prospective price increase, so Kudos to Triangle for sticking to their business ethic and fighting back.  I'm sure the "You Pay Less" promo has a few other bar owners tearing their hair out. :D 

Well done on that score.

It was, however, a little unfortunate to name the competitor who was raising the pressure.  I comprehend the reasoning, but it certainly raised some hackles.

Cheers

Perthie

Nice post...all's fair in love and war, I'm all for competition.

As far as the "prostitution ring" goes, I've never looked at taking company for the evening that way before, I'm not a pimp, the bar fining is to cover the girls wage while she's not there and for loss of possible sales she may have made, what transpires later between the happy couple is nothing to do with bosses.

However....good job Chris, keep up the good work.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its Party night in the Triangle and Singha Light is on Special what more could you ask for.

ddpmonday.jpg

Join the party Facebook.com/trianglebar

Some pics from last nights party. 5 Girls one Party Thanks for all those that attended

IMAG1048.jpg

IMAG1051.jpg

IMAG1052.jpg

IMAG1054.jpg

IMAG1060.jpg

IMAG1063.jpg

Well Im officially back from my hols. A rest was needed and has given me time to think about how to improve the Bar and make it better for you the Customer so heres what you got to look forward to The Daily quiz will be back next week and Beer Lao will be back in Stock (fingers Crossed) from Friday. 5 New Ciders Launching January and some even more Fantastic Deals To look forward to on Our Daily drinks Promo.

But the Big question is What can we do for you? What would you like us to improve? How can we make your drinking experience something to remember (please keep it clean). 

ddpthur.jpg

Its Back The daily quiz. here are the Rules etc  you may have forgotten, Two sets of questions the bar and the forum. Forum answers have to be sent via PM the first with the correct answer wins a point for your forum. Bar Question the first person into the bar with the correct answer wins a drink. (only open to paying customers) and the main Rule NO GOGGLING.

This weeks Theme is Xmas. 

Bar question. On Christmas Day 1977, Charlie Chaplin died in which country?

Forum Question: In what year were the first electric Christmas lights used?

Todays Promo in the bar is Singha Light 75Baht Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

At The Triangle Bar YOU PAY LESS

Well that was a positive start to the week good to see that your still playing along and enjoying the Quiz. 

The Bar question was answered by Steve who got Switzerland. and no one guessed the correct date but thinkingallowed from Pattayalive got the closest with 1879 the correct answer was 1882.

Bar Question: In Dickens '"Christmas Carol", how many children does Bob Cratchit have?

Forum Question:  In what year did John Calcott invent and design the first Christmas card?

Todays Promo in the bar is Original Jager Bombs 100baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Yesterday was a little cold and i think its stopped the bar drinkers brains working as no one got the free drink the answer was 6. 

Pepe le Pew from the Addicts Board got closest with the answer for the forums he said 1850 the correct answer was 1843

Still a little chilly this morning so hope the sun comes out and warms the brains so they start working again, 

Todays questions:

Bar question:In which country does Joulupukki, the Yul Goat, bring the presents?

Forum Question:In what year did Band Aid release the Original record "Do They Know It's Christmas?

Todays Promo in the bar is San Miguel Light 100baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

I think we are going to have to introduce Irish Coffee and Hot Choc to the Menu if it stays this cold!

So Another Win for Pepe Le Pew from the Addicits Board with the answer 1984 a lot of other answers close to that date but Pepe was the first. 

The Bar question was stupidly hard and no one got it. I was looking for Finland 

Bar Question: In what year did Coca Cola begin featuring Santa in their advertising at Christmas?

Forum Question: For which football club has Christmas come early when they won the Intertoto Cup 2006, the first silverware since 1969?

Todays Promo in the bar is Mont Clair Wine 95Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

A clear win for Thinkingallowed from Pattay alive for Newcastle United the bar question was not won again the year was 1931.

Todays questions

Bar question:: Which city is believed to be the birthplace of Jesus of Nazareth?

Forum Question: The music to 'Silent Night' was originally written for which instrument? 

Todays Promo in the bar is Sangsom 50baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Its Monday and its Festive week Lots going on and so many people in town. 

We ended last week with Rob winning the Bar question with the answer Bethlehem and no one getting the Forum Answer which was Guitar.

Tonight we have the Big Arsenal and Chelsea game on. 3am 

This weeks theme is still Xmas Related its Xmas songs just tell me the name of the song from the lyric.

Bar Question: "I won't make a list and send it To the North Pole for Saint Nick I won't even stay awake to"

Forum Question: Mistletoe hung where you can see, every couple tries to stop.

Todays Promo in the bar is Singha Light 75Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Merry Xmas to all our patrons and to all the forum members new and old..
Yesterdays questions proved to hard for the bar drinkers the mulled wine is having an affect on them.
the answer was Mariah Carey's Christmas song hit "All I Want for Christmas is You. However the Forum was won by Thinkingallowed for the Live forum with the answer Rockin around the christmas tree.
Having a little Xmas break until the 27th so last question today have a fantastic Xmas from all at the Triangle.
Todays questions:
Bar Question: He see's you when you're sleeping
Forum Question: Give her a dolly that laughs and cries

Join our Facebook Page for an exclusive Xmas eve and Xmas Day promo. www.facebook.com/trianglebar
Todays Promo in the bar is Jager Bombs 100Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Did you have a good Xmas Day? I see lots of happy customers yesterday some great stories about their xmas dinners. I would like to Thank 18coins for my Dinner. 

So we left you on Tuesday with the questions no one managed to get them the answer were Bar: Santa Claus is coming to town and the Forum was Up on the House.

As Xmas has now passed us by the remain 2 days of questions will be random:

Bar Question: Who were once known as 'The Detours' and 'The High Numbers' in the early 1960s?

Forum question: Beer, True Lover's, Granny, Monkey's Fist, Pratt, Fireman's, Alpine Butterfly, Corned Beef, Englishman's and Cat's Paw are all examples of what?

Didnt say it would be easy :)

Todays Promo in the bar is Mont Clair red/white wine 95Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Well done to Kevcov of Pattaya Addicits for the Forum win the answer was Knots. And the bar winner went to steve and a special mention to James on the facebook page for getting the Who. 

Great night of sport last night and was good to get out and see a few of you in your bars and ago go's for those i didnt get to see happy new year.

Today questions. 

Bar Question: In which two films did Paul Newman play the role of Eddie Felson?

Forum Question: Up, Down, Charm, Strange, Top and Bottom are all examples of what?

Todays Promo in the bar is Sangsom and mixer 50Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Welcome to another Monday in the Land of Dreams. We ended last week with Jacko from pattayaTalk getting the forum question with Quacks (sub atomic particles) 

The Bar was won by hugh with Colour of money and husler. 

Todays questions are 

Bar question: Polynesia means 'many islands'. What does Melanesia mean?

Forum Question: A two headed eagle is found on the flag of which European country?

Todays Promo in the bar is Singha Light 75Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Its the last day of the Year time to make a resolution about all the things you want to do in the new year and how your going to give up smoking, diet and exercise more. By the 2nd of Jan it will all be forgotten. 

So whos going to win the question of the year on the forums? and whos going to claim there free drink in the bar?

Yesterday KevCov from Addicits won with the answer Albania. The Bar question was not answered i was looking for Black Islands. 

Today Questions:

Bar Question: The French engineer Louis Réard was responsible in 1946 for which very popular little invention?

Forum Question: The common word for the human body part known as the omphalus gives which citrus fruit its name?

Todays Promo in the bar is Original JagerBombs 100Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Well the New year was seen in with a Bang The Soi Dog Tour 2014 was a hit thanks to all the Ago go's in LK Metro for putting up with us.
No one guessed the Bar answer it was bikini and a big well done to Harry Brown for the forum Win he got Navel Orange for the Addicts forum.

Looking at the state of the Walking dead today there is no question instead heres this months Promotions.

ddpjan.jpg

Well you should all be recovered now from the New years party's So straight back into the swing of things with the Quiz. Lets see how well your knowledge is think back 20years to 1994 thats this weeks remaining theme

Bar question: When Brian Lara broke the world individual test batting record with an innings of 375, which country was he playing against?
Forum question: Which privatisation plan in the Uk, proposed by Heseltine, was abandoned by the cabinet?

Todays Promo in the bar is Mont Clair red/white wine 95Baht  Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Brian Lara question is easy no nothing about the forum question unless I cheat 55555

hi chris,  :GoldenSmile1: i finally found out where i do all     the   crazy  :hello09: shit with my new computer  :ThumbUp6:  :Crazy1:  :Clap9: 

cheers mate

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

So last week ended with thinkingallowed winning again for the live forum the answer was Macedonia and with Dave the rave winning the bar question with Braveheart. 

So again its a new week and a new theme Abbreviations & Acronyms

Bar Question: Awarded on an annual basis, which type of music are the MOBO awards for? 

Forum Question: In which area do ASH and FOREST represent opposing views?

Not an easy Start but also not to hard. 

Todays Promo in the bar is Chang Beer 75Baht Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

ASH=Action on Smoking and Health

FOREST= Freedom Organisation For The Right To Enjoy Smoking Tobacco

:hello09:

Too easy for you Phil the thrill got the bar answer with Music of Black Origin and Pepe Le Pew from Addicits got the answer first with ASH=Action on Smoking and Health FOREST= Freedom Organisation For The Right To Enjoy Smoking Tobacco.

Glad to see so many people playing along can i just remind you to pm the answers please as it makes it more fun for people if the answer is not printed. 

Bar question: Which Sports organisation is represented by the acronym WIBF?

Forum question: What is the difference between OPEC and OAPEC?

Todays Promo in the bar is Sangsom + Mixer 50baht Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Very Popular day yesterday sangsom and mixer for only 50baht todays offer is just as good. 

Pepe le pew has made it 2 in a row for the forum win with the correct answer of OPEC = Organisation of Petroleum Exporting Countries while OAPEC = Organisation of ARAB Petroleum Exporting Countries.

no one got the bar question which was Women’s International Boxing Federation.

Bar Question: NCIS when applied to the TV series stands for Naval Criminal Investigation Service, but what is the NCIS in the UK?

Forum Question: . Part of Disneyland in Florida, what is EPCOT?

Todays Promo in the bar is Leo 85baht Buy one get one Free Starts 8am till midnight

Archived