IGNORED

Does anyone know much about bringing a Thai girl to Australia? Visas etc?

fender22

I've known this particular girl for around a year and decided to take a chance

and bring her to Australia firstly to see if she likes it and of course see if we can make a go

of it. I am aware of the dangers so don't need any free advice here. I know what I'm

getting or possibly getting into. I don't intend on putting myself in a financially dangerous

position and don't think I have anything to lose.

Anyhoo, initially will be organising a tourist visa for her for 3 months through an agent.

Is it possible to keep renewing this for a while? Maybe over a year so she can keep coming back?

It may be possible we will have some future and apply for a spouse visa but was hoping she could

return to Australia back and forward while this is being organised.

I believe the spouse visa can take 1-2 years?

Is it possible to get a longer tourist visa? Say 6 months?

Would appreciate any advice on organising this thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Key Visa Co on here will give you some great advice

Key Visa sounds like a very professional guy with good reviews on PA You might also try to connect with BM Ash_1701e , who has had a positive experience bringing his girl over for a visit and may have some practical advice from the point of view of the guy in Oz.

Also feel free to PM me questions about it you may have.

If you are only getting a tourist visa, I really wouldnt bother with using an agent, it is really not neccessary imo.

Most tourists visas come with a No Further Stay stamp so no, you cannot renew it so she can stay in oz.

Unlikely they will give you a 6 month visa if this is her first.

There is a link in my signature for information of what is required for a tourist visa for a TG. Have a read and then decide if you want to use an agent or not.

You will not be able to get back to back visas for 12 months. There was a report recently of a guy getting one 3 month visa then applied for another after a month of her return to Thailand. It was refused. I don't know if this is indicative of any changes. In any case the tourist visa is not designed for someone to reside in Australia and that is what you are proposing. You could give it a try but be prepared for a refusal at some stage.

IMO you are unlikely to get more than 3 months on a first application and almost impossible if you apply again soon after the first for the same reason as above.

An option that you may want to consider is a fiancé visa. This will allow her to stay in Australia for 9 months. For her to stay longer you will need to get married before the 9 months expires. I believe these visas are taking 8-12 months to complete (same as the other partner visas). I believe that you can apply for a tourist visa while one of these is being processed.

Just noticed where this was. Moved to the visa section.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

You'll get plenty of well meaning advice from punters but it seems all cases are different according to the circumstances involved.

My mate tried twice by lodging applications for a tourist visa himself but was knocked back both times even though he supplied all the information required.

He eventually went to a visa company and got it straight away.

He has since married the lady and she has been approved for permanent residency just 11 months after applying

She had been to Australia twice on 3 month tourist visas.

It seems the three most important requirements are:-

A strong, valid reason she will return to Thailand after the three months.

Proof of income/savings/sponsorship guarantee to support herself in Australia.

Evidence of an genuine ongoing relationship.

I would suggest you get the right advice from someone who knows, as mentioned above Key Visa has previously supplied accurate information to members of the board. 

They would be well worth a call.

You'll get plenty of well meaning advice from punters but it seems all cases are different according to the circumstances involved.

My mate tried twice by lodging applications for a tourist visa himself but was knocked back both times even though he supplied all the information required.

He eventually went to a visa company and got it straight away.

He has since married the lady and she has been approved for permanent residency just 11 months after applying

She had been to Australia twice on 3 month tourist visas.

It seems the three most important requirements are:-

A strong, valid reason she will return to Thailand after the three months.

Proof of income/savings/sponsorship guarantee to support herself in Australia.

Evidence of an genuine ongoing relationship.

I would suggest you get the right advice from someone who knows, as mentioned above Key Visa has previously supplied accurate information to members of the board. 

They would be well worth a call.

This is just my opinion and not having a go at you, just making a comment. I think the last 'requirement' is just part of the second one. A relationship is not a requirement for a tourist visa. However, it gives a reason why you are prepared to support her during her stay. Sometimes I think people put too much emphasis on the relationship part of the application and suspect that this is where people go wrong with applications. I agree that the first two requirements are the most important ones.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I know my favorite girl got taken away there

Marit

Start with the 3 month Visitor's visa.

You will get a lot better idea of where you will want to go from there.

If all is good with you and your GF, after then.

You will have a few option's

Apply for another visitor's visa 3 month's 6 month's or 12month multi entry.

Or apply for a partner visa Married (you will have to have a recognised marriage certificate )fiance visa.(I think that you will have to marry within 9 month's of being granted this visa for the visa to stay valid)

and de facto (mininmum 12 month relationship required for this one)

If you do end up going down the partner root, you will be able to apply for a visitor's visa whils't waiting for a decision.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I recently brought my TGF to Australia and used Easy Travel in Pattaya. Her name is Ms Praw and has a shop on second road.

Easy Travel

Moo 10, Soi 15, 2nd Road, Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Central Pattaya, Pattaya, 20150

038 723 628

She charged a total of 9200b for everything and for an extra 1000 baht she provided 3Million travel insurance for 3 months which costs only 3000b. The provider of this insurance was LMG insurance. In that time my TGF was here she even made a claim for a hospital visit. We brought the receipt back to Ms Praw who submitted it to LMG. Once LMG rang me GF and asked her what happened they paid out. Took about 2 weeks to get the $ back.

Also feel free to PM me questions about it you may have.

If you are only getting a tourist visa, I really wouldnt bother with using an agent, it is really not neccessary imo.

Most tourists visas come with a No Further Stay stamp so no, you cannot renew it so she can stay in oz.

Unlikely they will give you a 6 month visa if this is her first.

Very good advice mothy

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

I recently brought my TGF to Australia and used Easy Travel in Pattaya. Her name is Ms Praw and has a shop on second road.

Easy Travel

Moo 10, Soi 15, 2nd Road, Pattaya, Bang Lamung, Central Pattaya, Pattaya, 20150

038 723 628[/size]

She charged a total of 9200b for everything and for an extra 1000 baht she provided 3Million travel insurance for 3 months which costs only 3000b. The provider of this insurance was LMG insurance. In that time my TGF was here she even made a claim for a hospital visit. We brought the receipt back to Ms Praw who submitted it to LMG. Once LMG rang me GF and asked her what happened they paid out. Took about 2 weeks to get the $ back.

lextsy that's pretty good value,

Only nearly double the price of the visa with travel insurance as well.

The cost of medical cost's could of easily come to ten times that amount depending on what the accident or inccedent. if you never took insurance.

This is all good advice and would advise the 3 month tourist visa first as you need to make sure she can adapt first.

Regards

Posted Image

The embassy won't give you more than 9 months out of 12. This is to stop anyone claiming a defacto relationship and bypassing the money grab. I got my gf (at the time, wife now) a 3 month tourist visa, then a 6 month, then we got married and did the spouse visa. It's a pain in the ass.

IQ Test
IQ Test

Thailand. Gods' way of saying "Sorry for all the other crap guys"

The embassy won't give you more than 9 months out of 12. This is to stop anyone claiming a defacto relationship and bypassing the money grab. I got my gf (at the time, wife now) a 3 month tourist visa, then a 6 month, then we got married and did the spouse visa. It's a pain in the ass.

I did the same 3 month then the 6 month. i stayed in LOS for 1 month before the 3 month and 1 month before the 6 month then 1 month after the 6 month visa that's when we applied for the partner visa on defacto ground's that was in june last year and my missus had her partner visa granted in october.

We met all the criteria for a defacto visa, you do not have to be living with each other continually in the previous 12 month's, but you do have to prove your defacto relationship.

This is a bit left field, and may not be suitable for you, but have you considered that she could apply for a student visa?

There are a couple of financial hoops to jump through (ie, she will need to have x amount in her bank account at the time she applies) but it does mean a 12 month visa and that she can legally work for 20 hours a week. She will need to go to school here but basically her work hours would more than cover her schooling costs. There are also ways around the schooling requirement.

Oddly, there doesn't really seem to be any academic requirement to go to school here. With courses, it appears many just choose the cheapest course and school.

This may not be right for you in any way, and certainly not for the first visit, but for an extended stay it may work. Has for me.

I think one of the advantages of the school option is she will find Australia has a very different attitude to work than perhaps Thailand does - which can be a make or break option in the long run;  she will also make a few other friends at school which can take the pressure off you, and her English will improve.

Cheers,

toomuch

If you could be bothered with lots of words: my newbie trip report from November 2010

PM me and we can discuss, I brought my TGF out to OZ in April. Did it all myself with no dramas and she had very little money in her bank account.

"Growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional"

:ILoveSex1:

I reckon, whilst the agencies know what they are doing, you are paying a premium for something that  takes a couple of hours (max) to knock over yourself.

Even with the agencies, YOU still have to provide the required docs to them, all they are doing is submitting/organising the docs for you. but up 2 u

We did the application form, albeit with a few frustrations along the way with translating Thai into English,  particularly addresses for some reason, in about an hour. Pretty straight forward really.

We then went to the application centre in Bangers, again about an hour including waiting time, paid the cash, and her passport turned up a few days later...  all pretty painless really.

The relationship thing is over stated in my view.... it is a tourist visa you are originally applying for after all. What is needed, is a  compelling reason for her to return to Thailand.. employment/children, something along those lines.  

Whether she has money or not is, in my opinion, also irrelevant, because 9 times out of 10, the Aussie will be sponsoring her visit.. You need to be able to show that you can carry the 2 of you while she is here. All pretty simple stuff.... a Group certificate worked fine for us.

People worry way too much in my view. Submit your application, and if it falls within the guidelines, your girl will receive a nice little note stapled to her visa in a few days. If not, you just don't qualify.

lots of blokes make it seem far more daunting than it needs be... and remember, people (including me) talk about their own experiences or what some bloke may have told them in a bar. Some blokes may not  have 2 bob to rub together and wonder why their girl gets declined a visa....

If you qualify, and your application is correct, you WILL get a tourist visa, with or without an agency.

I am in the process of a student visa and it is dead easy.

Find bridge college in sydney online. Apply for 12 week English and 2 year business or 4 year accounting degree. No prior school or knowledge required. Costs is 1300 dollars per 3 months. Up front payable is 6 weeks English and 6 weeks accounting. When you pay up front around 1600 you get your code and acceptance. Then you apply online for the visa get a medical for them in Bangkok and away you go.

They can work and pay for their own study

Hi,

I have had my girl here twice both times under a 3 month visa which we did ourselves with no trouble. If you look through this site you will find information on what is needed and sample letters and stat dec's etc. It only takes a little bit of effort.

I can only suggest that you don't bring here over until it starts to warm up a little, Thai girls don't like the cold.

Good luck.

Hi,

I have had my girl here twice both times under a 3 month visa which we did ourselves with no trouble. If you look through this site you will find information on what is needed and sample letters and stat dec's etc. It only takes a little bit of effort.

I can only suggest that you don't bring here over until it starts to warm up a little, Thai girls don't like the cold.

Good luck.

Could not agree more. I brought mine out and every night when I got home she was still in bed. Would not get out for a shower unless someone put the hot water on first.Would not go into lounge room for dinner unless "heater open".  In Thailand she refuses to shower with me if I have the hot on. Good thing was when I got home she was in bed, it was warm and so was she. But to the OP i would throw as much paperwork at them as they can handle.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

I am in the process of a student visa and it is dead easy.

Find bridge college in sydney online. Apply for 12 week English and 2 year business or 4 year accounting degree. No prior school or knowledge required. Costs is 1300 dollars per 3 months. Up front payable is 6 weeks English and 6 weeks accounting. When you pay up front around 1600 you get your code and acceptance. Then you apply online for the visa get a medical for them in Bangkok and away you go.

They can work and pay for their own study

But when will she find time to work in between all that study and hanging out with you!

Dont want to hijack but thought this would be a good inclusion to this post

what you think are general costs to get them here

Flights and money for the girl if that's required - that's to each persons situation

• Visa Cost
  • Medical cost (they have to get a medical?)
  • etc etc

La La Land Bar & Sky Bar Soi 6 Pattaya

Dont want to hijack but thought this would be a good inclusion to this post

what you think are general costs to get them here

Flights and money for the girl if that's required - that's to each persons situation

• Visa Cost
  • Medical cost (they have to get a medical?)
  • etc etc

Costs in Thailand will be the cost of the visa (4400 Baht) plus transportations costs. You will also need to add the cost of the passport if she doesn't already have one (it was 1000 Baht a while ago). No medical is required for the most common 3 month visa. You would need to go online to get flight prices. You should also add in travel insurance.

Archived