Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Excellent Investment Opportunity

gregj69

Investor/shareholder wanted for hotel/bar/restaurant in central Pattaya. Busiest in the street with excellent turnover and potential. Purchaser looking for partner. Chance to part of a vibrant growing business with a strong corporate identity. From only 3,000,000 baht. Phone present owner. +66 844640432 or purchaser on 081351 7431.

outside2med.jpg

bar4med.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Do you own the property or are you selling shares off your business which leases the property?

what would i be getting in return?

Do you own the property or are you selling shares off your business which leases the property?

I am selling the business and have someone who is interested in buying it but he wants a partner. Best idea is to ring him and have a chat about it if you might be interested. His name is Gary and his number is 081 3517431.

Cheers

Greg

Much as I hate to say it, congratulations on finding a buyer Greg, it's been a long time coming.

Whatever you're moving on to, I hope life is good for yourself and the family.

Jeez, no more ting-tong Greg on LK Metro, the times they are a -changing. :) 

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Losing money or it wouldn't be for sale.

Billabong's a long standing business on LK Metro, rooms are usually fully booked out and the bar does very good trade.  Greg's reasons for selling are personal and not related to profitability at all, he's simply chosen to move on from the bar scene for his own reasons.  The new owner is buying a well run business and will have seen straight and honest figures on the operational profitability.

I appreciate you may not know the background story to Greg's reasons for sale and probably don't know Greg himself, in which case your comment is a little inappropriate.  Other BM's will vouch for the fact that he's a stand-up guy, and has been very selective about who he sells his business to as he still doesn't want to see a new owner ruin the bar after he's gone.

I sure I speak for many of the regular Members when I say that it's sad to see him moving on, and I hope the new Boss is just as popular and supportive an owner as Greg has been for many years.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

Billabong's a long standing business on LK Metro, rooms are usually fully booked out and the bar does very good trade.  Greg's reasons for selling are personal and not related to profitability at all, he's simply chosen to move on from the bar scene for his own reasons.  The new owner is buying a well run business and will have seen straight and honest figures on the operational profitability.

I appreciate you may not know the background story to Greg's reasons for sale and probably don't know Greg himself, in which case your comment is a little inappropriate.  Other BM's will vouch for the fact that he's a stand-up guy, and has been very selective about who he sells his business to as he still doesn't want to see a new owner ruin the bar after he's gone.

I sure I speak for many of the regular Members when I say that it's sad to see him moving on, and I hope the new Boss is just as popular and supportive an owner as Greg has been for many years.

Cheers

Perthie

Thanks for the pearls of wisdom.

I was living on LK Metro before the building we are discussing was even completed and knew the original owner Storm when he built it. I'm in a far better position than you to assess the finances of businesses in Pattaya I can assure you.

Aren't you the guy who thought the Darkside was Third Road?

Cheers

Perthie

as he still doesn't want to see a new owner ruin the bar after he's gone..........why does he care about that?

I was living on LK Metro before the building we are discussing was even completed and knew the original owner Storm when he built it. I'm in a far better position than you to assess the finances of businesses in Pattaya I can assure you.

My word, that was a while back....  Yep, that was me in the early days, stumbling around trying to figure out what was where :rolleyes: .

I guess we have opposing views and yours is based on your own knowledge and opinion, as is mine on my own.  I certainly don't intend to hijack Greg's thread concerning the business sale (apologies to Greg), so I shall bow my head in acknowledgement of your viewpoint.

Cheers

Perthie

as he still doesn't want to see a new owner ruin the bar after he's gone..........why does he care about that?

From conversations with Greg, he was intent on ensuring that the business continued to run in the friendly manner that he operated it.  He was mindful of his customer base and grateful for the support received over the years.  Basically, he's a decent bloke and didn't want to let anyone down when he moves on.

Anyway, off topic, there's still a new partner for the new owner out there to be found.......

Cheers

Perthie

Losing money or it wouldn't be for sale.

Firstly I havn't sold yet. The guy that said he wants to buy it is looking for a partner; I said I would help him by putting up a post here.

Regards the comments above; what rubbish! Because you might have known the previous lessee of the building once how does that qualify you to assess the profitabilty of a different business you know nothing about. What are the figures? How much does it take per annum? Net profits? What are your qualifications.  Masters of business? Accountant? Fortune teller perhaps?

Thanks to Perthie for setting the situation straight, by the way.

Greg

P.S. Would like it to stay a friendly open bar and hotel when it is sold. Still like the Aussie theme.

I think the answer to this is shares but Greg best to answer this, I'm sure

Thanks to Perthie for setting the situation straight, by the way.

Greg

P.S. Would like it to stay a friendly open bar and hotel when it is sold. Still like the Aussie theme.

No worries Greg, sorry you copped some stick in your thread about the business.  I could have taken the issue further and explained that I know you, the Billabong, and have even seen what the daily bar takings are personally (let alone adding the room rentals on top of that), but it would have turned everything into an ongoing argument with no good result.

Frankly, if I had the spare cash and knew that the bar was getting a good manager I'd have no hesitation in becoming a share partner.  Solid business in a prime location.

Hope all goes well with you and the family, we must get blotto again together one day :wacko: .

Cheers

Perthie

No worries Greg, sorry you copped some stick in your thread about the business.  I could have taken the issue further and explained that I know you, the Billabong, and have even seen what the daily bar takings are personally (let alone adding the room rentals on top of that), but it would have turned everything into an ongoing argument with no good result.

Frankly, if I had the spare cash and knew that the bar was getting a good manager I'd have no hesitation in becoming a share partner.  Solid business in a prime location.

Hope all goes well with you and the family, we must get blotto again together one day :wacko: .

Cheers

Perthie

Well said Perthie . It's not the first time this Colinball guy is talking out of his a.. hole .

Billabong is a well run bar/guesthouse and the sale has nothing to do with a lack of profitability .

Well said Perthie . It's not the first time this Colinball guy is talking out of his a.. hole .

Billabong is a well run bar/guesthouse and the sale has nothing to do with a lack of profitability .

Thanks Jerry, appreciate your comments, I hate it when things get fractious on the forum - that's not what we're here for.

As it stands, the Bong is still for sale, either in its entirety or with a willing partner.  Greg's a bit of a victim of his own success here.  Built up a good business which has made it a reasonably high-value asset, not so easy to sell.

On the bright side, it means that Greg's still around, although he may not see it that way :P .

Cheers

Perthie

Thanks guys. Still really like the bar (and still the drink a little too much) but also would very much like to buy this rubber farm I've had my eye on for a while. See what happens.

Cheers

Superb location , got friends with business in lk, so is 3000000 for 50 per cent ?

The full price for Billabong is 9.9 million THB, so 3 million is for slightly less than 1/3 share.  From what I gather, the chap looking for a partner is open to share offers from 3mil.

Cheers

Perthie

Archived