Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

what type of visa to get for 6 to 12 months before retirement visa?

chang beer

Hey. I intend to move to Thailand 6 months prior to receiving monthly pension. Can't take it here in the states. Love it there too much. The predicament that I'm in is that I don't have enough funds for the entire 800,000 bht to cover for the retirement visa. Close but not close enough. What should I do? Get a non immigrant O visa for a year and get a retirement visa as soon as pension kicks in?

Need your professional advise!!  p.s. how easy is it to attain non immigrant O visa. Are they hard to get?

thanx      confused dude       Heythere

:hello09:

Hey. I intend to move to Thailand 6 months prior to receiving monthly pension. Can't take it here in the states. Love it there too much. The predicament that I'm in is that I don't have enough funds for the entire 800,000 bht to cover for the retirement visa. Close but not close enough. What should I do? Get a non immigrant O visa for a year and get a retirement visa as soon as pension kicks in?

Need your professional advise!!  p.s. how easy is it to attain non immigrant O visa. Are they hard to get?

thanx      confused dude       Heythere

:hello09:

I would check with your local Thai consulate on the requirements of them issuing a retirement visa. It does differ between offices and you may have sufficient funds. Don't take what is on their websites as gospel as it may differ to practices.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

A double entry tourist visa will give you 6 months and it is easy to get before you leave.

I would check with your local Thai consulate on the requirements of them issuing a retirement visa. It does differ between offices and you may have sufficient funds. Don't take what is on their websites as gospel as it may differ to practices.

Hey Scum. Don't know if you read my repost but....

Alright. Didn't want to do this but I'm going to. Transfer the needed funds...800,000 baht from the states to my Thailand bank 3 months prior to my departure. As soon as I arrive,I'll apply for retirement visa. And live off the transfered amount in Thailand till my pension kicks in. In which time I only need small partial amount in the bank to qualify.

Still a head ache....Yikes :hello09: thanx         BEER

apply for a triple entry tourist visa in your home country

Once ur over here,  and when ur getting close to the end of your time go to immigration and have it changed to a Non immigrant "O" visa, u put the money in the bank ( first time application needs be there TWO MONTHS)

and than near the end of that visa apply for a 1 year EXTENSION.

you dont need the 800,000. you can pay a fee to waive this requirement. PM me if  you need a solution...

you dont need the 800,000. you can pay a fee to waive this requirement. PM me if  you need a solution...

that's not legal, even though it can be done, and u stand a chance of being caught and fucked   :Think1:

that's not legal, even though it can be done, and u stand a chance of being caught and fucked   :Think1:

Have to agree with Phuketrichard on this one.

If someone wants to stay here and retire, the last thing you want is a dirty mark in your passport saying you have obtained a visa in the wrong manner. If you don't care and don't want to stay here for ever it doesn't matter. In Thailand you can usually find a way around the law but matters like residency is where I draw the line and do it by the book. 

Just me, but I want to stay here 'till I die and for the sake of a little bit of money I can buy a huge peice of mind, knowing I have always followed the rules regarding my visa.

VR

immigration can approve or deny outside the rules..i know many who have gotten a LEGITIMATE visa by paying a fee. come to the party gentlemen.....leave your western paranoia at the door!!

this also goes for the ED visa. no school, no out of country Visa runs needed.

28 years in Thailand.

He was asking about a retirement visa not ed visa, ( no school ???)

YES i know people can get a legit visa/extension by paying a fee, (i have friends that do this and i know the cost)  BUT if the guy that sells u the visa gets caught ur fucked!!!

Same with those that send ur passport out of country for a visa.

it has happened before to some people here in Phuket, fined and deported

Up to you

immigration can approve or deny outside the rules..i know many who have gotten a LEGITIMATE visa by paying a fee. come to the party gentlemen.....leave your western paranoia at the door!!

this also goes for the ED visa. no school, no out of country Visa runs needed.

Nobody is claiming to be a legal expert AFAIK (vanishing post huh).

Anyone here who knows anything knows about the kitchen table method - you ain't telling us anything new - but it seems to me it would be almighty dumb to recommend it to someone new asking advice, who doesn't need to do it the illegal way.

.................. I'm going to. Transfer the needed funds...800,000 baht from the states to my Thailand bank 3 months prior to my departure. As soon as I arrive,I'll apply for retirement visa.................................

You only need 2 months seeded for your first application.

Better if you come in on some sort of Visa i.e. Tourist Visa as others have said and then convert to 'O' and apply for your One Year Extension of Stay (Retirement).

You might want to look into a student visa. Many Thai language schools will assist in with the paper work. I don't know all the ins and outs but in one school I attended over half the students were on a student visa. That included some folks well past 50.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

Archived