IGNORED

Decisions Decisions

lbdm

Hi guys,

Bit of help/advice needed.....

Im Booked on flights to pattaya last two weeks in july, i was due to be going with my mate, who this week broke his leg (therefore cant fly) Gutted!! instead of losing my money too, im 80% decided im going to go anyway. We hadnt booked a hotel yet, and with me traveling alone now, my criteria has changed.

Im looking for something more up market now, 4/5 stars, breakfast included ect ect. Ive trawled through trip advisor and just cant make the call. Was looking at the Amari but unsure.... Hence my long winded post! Ha

Thanks in advance :-)

Amari is in a shit location way too far down.

Hilton if you must?

Marriott some like.

Page 10 on Soi 10 is a great location. Centre of everything and can walk most places.

Seriously you do not need to stay in 4-5 star places.  The money u save u can pay for more longtimes....

Amari is in a shit location way too far down.

Hilton if you must?

Marriott some like.

Page 10 on Soi 10 is a great location. Centre of everything and can walk most places.

Seriously you do not need to stay in 4-5 star places.  The money u save u can pay for more longtimes....

Very true, what about Areca Lodge?

try flipper lodge on soi8, right in the middle of the action, listed as a 3* but easily could be 4* it is that good.

i always used to stay here it was perfect for me.

Other than their 20 years old policy, it's an excellent hotel.

Stayed there last 2 trips and staying again in September and November, I like it is so close to LK Metro and easy to get to rest of Pattaya. 2 nice pools never that busy, gym FOC, recommend super deluxe room in evergreen building.

Tim Boutique hotel

In a pretty good location on 2nd road close to every thing, got it's own nice little ago go with the best toilets in Pattaya.

Never stayed here but if I could afford to stay here I would.

I'm a huge fan of the Marriott -- great staff, GF, big rooms, and a location that can't be beaten.  BUT it's one of the more expensive properties in Pattaya.  I have used points in the past for my stays there 

Last trip, I was paying cash and didn't want to pony up what Marriott was charging (Chinese New Year, so many hotels were bumping their rates).  I ended up staying at Sea Me Spring on Soi 10 and was very happy with it.  

Sea Me Spring Too, The Stay and Page 10 are all on Soi 10, which I think is a great location.  They seem to be fairly comparable, so I would see which one will get you the best price.  As I recall, when I booked Sea Me, Page 10 was pretty full and had bumped their rate to over 4000 baht per night, as opposed to around 2200 at Sea Me.

Personally, I disagree with those who say "stay in a much cheaper place and have more money to spend on the girls/booze."  I get very limited vacation time each year, so I want to stay in a nice place -- a place that is at least as nice as where I live.  That's a matter of personal preference, though.  

If I was staying for longer than 2 weeks, I would look into Dancewatchers or others condo rentals in View Talay 6.  It seems to get great feedback from BMs.

One final word of warning/advice --

I do not know which BM pointed this out to me, but be careful if you with Agoda, as the rate will be deceptively low until you get to the payment screen, when taxes/fees are tacked on and they may bump it above what the hotel is charging on its website.  When I was booking at Sea Me, it appeared Agoda beat the hotel's rate by about 150 baht per night, but, when the taxes/fees were added, Agoda's rate was actually higher.

Hope that helps....

I'm a huge fan of the Marriott -- great staff, GF, big rooms, and a location that can't be beaten.  BUT it's one of the more expensive properties in Pattaya.  I have used points in the past for my stays there 

Last trip, I was paying cash and didn't want to pony up what Marriott was charging (Chinese New Year, so many hotels were bumping their rates).  I ended up staying at Sea Me Spring on Soi 10 and was very happy with it.  

Sea Me Spring Too, The Stay and Page 10 are all on Soi 10, which I think is a great location.  They seem to be fairly comparable, so I would see which one will get you the best price.  As I recall, when I booked Sea Me, Page 10 was pretty full and had bumped their rate to over 4000 baht per night, as opposed to around 2200 at Sea Me.

Personally, I disagree with those who say "stay in a much cheaper place and have more money to spend on the girls/booze."  I get very limited vacation time each year, so I want to stay in a nice place -- a place that is at least as nice as where I live.  That's a matter of personal preference, though.  

If I was staying for longer than 2 weeks, I would look into Dancewatchers or others condo rentals in View Talay 6.  It seems to get great feedback from BMs.

One final word of warning/advice --

I do not know which BM pointed this out to me, but be careful if you with Agoda, as the rate will be deceptively low until you get to the payment screen, when taxes/fees are tacked on and they may bump it above what the hotel is charging on its website.  When I was booking at Sea Me, it appeared Agoda beat the hotel's rate by about 150 baht per night, but, when the taxes/fees were added, Agoda's rate was actually higher.

Hope that helps....

^^^^^^^^^

This is sound advice

just make sure the the hotel are girl friendly...

Hliton and Marriott are not !!

Page 10 on soi 10 is you best bet

Good Luck

Dayo...

just make sure the the hotel are girl friendly...

Hliton and Marriott are not !!

page 10 on soi 10 is you best bet

Good Luck

I have stayed at the Marriott multiple times, and I have never had any issues with joinder fees or the TGs being treated any differently than guests.  I'm booked there again on my next trip, but only for 1 night (had some spare points and needed a room for 1 night).

Were you charged a joinder fee at the Marriott?

I have seen other posts that suggest the Marriott is not GF, but that runs counter to my personal experience and that I have seen posted by others.  I don't recall seeing a post where someone said "I stayed at Marriott, and they charged me a 1000 baht joinder fee/refused to let me bring in a guest."  There was a post regarding email communications with the hotel, but I think that BM stayed elsewhere.

Hilton's 1000 baht joinder fee is fairly well-publicized.  I'm staying there, as well, on my next trip, but the room is free with hotel points, so the joinder fee won't bother me that much. 

Check out the 'Opey de Place' on Soi Lenkee.

http://www.opeydeplacepattaya.com/Rates.html

Take your own Combination Lock for the Safe which is is in a Safe Room next to the Reception.

Book a Poolside room.

I have stayed here many times and the location is good for Soi Diana and LK Metro.

The Op wants high end which this place is not. Agree about the location.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Thanks for the responses guys, i stated 4/5 stars as traveling by myself i will be spending more time at the hotel

im gonna have a look through all the suggestions now. 

again... Thanks! :-)

I don't agree that the Amari is a "shit" location. I have stayed in several hotels in that soi...at all hours of the day and nite the hotel will run you for free on their golf buggy to second rd, Pattaya Klang or Big C. The advantage is that you are just far away from the action enough to chillax.

That said, if you want a girl friendly 4* hotel closer to the action (and on balance that is my preference), you might think about LK Rennaisance in soi Diana.

Archived