IGNORED

Low Season Price drops

smoakpark

I'll be coming to Pattaya during rainy season and am slightly surprised at the prices I'm seeing online at different websites.

Does anybody have experience with booking a rainy season trip and knowing if the prices should come down nearer to the date?

I stayed at the Marriott last time and loved it, but it is more expensive to book for this rainy season right now than it was when I stayed last year...

If anybody has experience visiting in the fall and has any useful info on when they booked their hotels in the past for good prices, I'd appreciate it. I imagine there will be plenty of vacancies nearer the date, but I also like to have all my logistics set early so I can relax and enjoy the whole thing....

Khob Khun mak khrap, FUCK FACE!

tumblr_mlxmvpXR0F1r2m2dso1_500.gif

Is the price difference you're seeing a big differential?  I have a vague memory that TAT approved a general increase in rates for Thai hotels last year in the order of around 12%, which may explain some of the difference.

I keep a general eye on things whilst I keep my fingers crossed for future trips, and hadn't noticed a huge price jump for the type of places I normally stay in.  Having said that, my budget wouldn't usually run to Marriott prices in the first instance.....  If you were talking along the lines of the LK Group, things seems pretty much the same as usual for the coming low season.

Using booking sites you generally see the prices in real time, so aside from last-minute specials you probably won't see sudden drops in rates as the date for your trip gets nearer.  Hotels generally have their high/low season rates set well in advance.

Just for the sake of interest, I dropped some random dates for the Marriott into asiawebdirect.com, which is the site I normally use when booking a hotel.  Pricey, but it is a high standard hotel:

Marriott.JPG

Best of luck with your bookings.  I recognise the quandary, book now and be certain, or hold off in the hope some special deals become available.

Cheers

Perthie

Perthie's PA Bash and Bikini/Glow Party 19th May 2017.  Bikini clad girls in body paint, great food including pig roast, free shots, games and prizes for the lads and lasses.

6pm onwards at Sexy In The City (Soi 6) under the hosting expertise of the magnificent Xylanic.

I've only been once, and on the first trip booked everything in advance.

This time, I've made a list of about 8 hotels in Pattaya that look good, and I'll wing it a bit this time, and see what I can get by negotiation.

As its Low season when I'm going, I've been advised this is the way to go to get good deals, as not many places will be sold out.

I'll probably stay at Sandy Springs for a couple of nights, just so I don't have to lug my suitcase around the streets, and then go and check each one and see which one gives me the best deal, and stay there for the rest of the trip.

But others may have different ideas.

Book say 2-3 nights then can always add more or do some walkins. 

Dunno why some would stay at Marriot, Hilton etc unless paid for by the business.  No need to pay more than 1500 baht in Pattaya.

I really like Residence Garden. Lek hotel is fun in an old fashioned kinda way. 

Just saw the Marriott listed on Expedia for $100 US for a week in July I was looking at. I think it was a free night deal. Quite a bit lower than it was in March. 

When I stayed last year, it was ~$100/ per night USD, plus I used some points that I had acquired through work. I was looking recently and the cheapest I've found was ~$150-160 USD. Seemed strange to me that in the middle of rainy season sep/oct, I would see that large of a difference. I don't get a lot of time off work and I definitely splurge and do the 2 week millionaire thing when I do get a break (versus if I was able to do more vacations I would probably go the cheaper route) so I like to stay at nice places wherever I go, even if Pattaya isn't known for its 5 star hotels. I have been looking at Amari Orchid, Dussit D2, and Page 10, but if I could get marriott around ~100 again I would do it. I know the LK hotels seem to be very popular, but I kind of feel overwhelmed shopping around on them because there are so many and it's hard for me to tell the differences. Can anybody rank the LK's for me based off their own experience? I may do like you guys said and just book my first few nights. I already booked a room for BKK, but the Pattaya leg is still up in the air. 

Negative currency effect plays also a role in pricing.

25 May ´12: US$ 1= B 31.7

25 May ´13: US$ 1= B 29.9 (-5.7%)

25 May ´12: AU$ 1= B 31

25 May ´13: AU$ 1= B 29 (-6.4%)

Negative currency effect plays also a role in pricing.

25 May ´12: US$ 1= B 31.7

25 May ´13: US$ 1= B 29.9 (-5.7%)

25 May ´12: AU$ 1= B 31

25 May ´13: AU$ 1= B 29 (-6.4%)

Fucking Obama and Bernanke! Keep printing money with no value to "save" the world economy while screwing over the sex tourists...

... you might try www.latestays.com for last minute booking discounts ... they are stripped down, but have some great values if free breakfast and wifi is included ... during low season here, getting rooms on late notice will be absolutely no problem .. at all.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

Off-season rates are always. hotels in this period is less crowded because travel agencies do not advertise on this holiday period. A lot of hotels offer discounts and by staying 14 nights and pay only 10 nights. You stay a week and pay just five days, or off-season monthly rates are really low. It can be said that hotels of this period customers are looking to fill spaces. hotel is profitable at least 70% occupancy to hotels and some are doing well is very difficult.

THAJEC Thajský muž TRIP 37 - 30.November 2018 - 28.1.2019

Off-season rates are always. Hotels in this period is less crowded because travel agencies do not advertise on this holiday period. A lot of hotels offer discounts and by staying 14 nights and pay only 10 nights. You stay a week and pay just five days, or off-season monthly rates are really low. It can be said that hotels of this period customers are looking to fill spaces. Hotel is profitable at least 70% occupancy to hotels and some are doing well is very difficult.

... they also tend to focus more on restaurant and bar revenues, pulling more locals, and are a bit more reluctant to offer up free breakfasts to hotel guest (which are loss leaders for many) unless you press them ... same for wifi ... cancelation terms are sometimes more strict, as once you are booked, they do not want you 'getting away' ... too few longer bookings come along ... very valuable to them.

... Thailand hospitality sector is generally over-built, and especially so in the resort markets where the mercurial seasonality swings widely.

... you are going to find some great rates.

... also ... do a search of the forum ... I recall questions being raised earlier this year about whether the Marriott is girl-friendly ... it really is a family-oriented property, in a shitty location for families.

Hunter S. Thompson Insert.jpg

just email somewhere like irish rovers book in a night or 2. then just rok up at the hotels and negotiate. get a price ur happy with and move in. not sure tho why youd need a snazzy chain like marriott or Hilton etc in patts.

• 2 weeks later...

... also ... do a search of the forum ... I recall questions being raised earlier this year about whether the Marriott is girl-friendly ... it really is a family-oriented property, in a shitty location for families.

Not an issue. Completely girl friendly, no joiner fees.

Agoda.com has some good rates for certain accomadation.

I took a good look for June & July.

Marriott is nice but there are so many nice hotels now around Pattaya.

I always use Sawadee.com good fast booking

http://www.sawadee.com/

My mind wandered and never came back ;)

Archived