Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

A 147 or a 9 dart finish

MIGHTYONE

Here’s something for discussion.

What do you think is more difficult and why?

A 147 in snooker or a 9 dart finish in darts.

Personally i am better at darts than i am snooker, so i would after choose a 147 break as the hardest to achieve, as we all know even the professionals achieve this once or twice maybe in a players career ?

W & P

I reckon a 9 darter is harder. With a 147 you can make a couple of slight errors and still make it. With the darts there is just no room for error.

I reckon a 9 darter is harder. With a 147 you can make a couple of slight errors and still make it. With the darts there is just no room for error.

i agree, and as there are many more 147s done at the top level, that suggests it is easier. :rolleyes:

Very true, I play darts quite a bit and if you make one mistake your chance of a nine dart finish are foiled, whereas in snooker you can still pull it back as you have more options around the table

I would go for the 9 Darter is the hardest to get, Esp when it's live on telly as that has only been done a handful of times.

Go on the 9 Darter!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

In my days I was considered one of the best left handed in Sunderland, I won many darts trophies in the local leagues for years, played in the Super League, even finishing in the top 3 for averages (highest check out, most 180's, average per dart etc...,

I was even asked to represent my county (Tyne and Wear) but I had to decline having just being married with 1 baby. The best finish I ever did was 10, plenty of 11/12/13 dart finishes, even a 170 check out, but the elusive 9 darter was sometimes a thickness of a wire from me and a lifetimes ambition. I am now semi retired from darts as I work away from home a lot and can't always get to the matches, shame really as I always liked my darts, but without money how can I come to LOS twice a year. So I would have to agree with other board members that a 9 dart finish is harder than a 147. I once watched Willie Thorne showing viewers during a mid session break about screw shots, putting top and bottom on a ball and he did a 147 just clowning about. So YES 9 darter is harder

Edited by bigal