IGNORED

Hotels in Snooky

jiml

Are their any girl friendly hotels near the beach in Snooky's.

Would like one with a pool.

try somewhere near Ochheuteal Beach

loads of hotels just back from the beach

Ochheuteal Beach is nice

but most girly bars seem to be in victory hill :GoldenSmile1:

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

I stayed at Beach Club,more than happy and girl friendly.could also try Charlie Harpers,can be found on www.sihanoukvilleonline.com

Are their any girl friendly hotels near the beach in Snooky's.

Would like one with a pool.

Thinking Ochheuteul Beach, then on that basis, at reasonable cost, there is only Beach Club on Tola Street IMO (not that scruffy Beach Road place).

Thinking Ochheuteul Beach, then on that basis, at reasonable cost, there is only Beach Club on Tola Street IMO (not that scruffy Beach Road place).

Some of us are just not in the same class Edge..... :SoWhat1:

Stayed at the Beach Road hotel there for a week, not a bad place    http://www.beachroad-hotel.com/

A little more run down than what it looks in the pics but for the price it's okay.  Staff and food are all good.....

Some of us are just not in the same class Edge..... :SoWhat1:

:LOL2: - What's class got to do with it?

OK I'll elaborate.

I stayed there in 2008 and it was just OK at $15.

I stayed there again in 2010 and it was just the same everything, just 2 years older and tattier and it was $20. (Edit - now $23 and scruffier still?)

We complained about several things but couldn't get any interest from the staff so we checked out after one night.

It does have a pool.

I have been into Beach hotel and seen the facilities, but not stayed there.

On the basis of that and what I've heard from many others, that is was my only recommendation.

However.............

Personally, I don't need a pool when I'm very close to some very good beaches  so I stay at one of the several other hotels along Tola Street, which I think are still $15 eg. Orchidee Guest House.

Edit - As I went to get the above link to Orchidee GH and watched their VDO, I see that they do have a pool.

It's been a couple of years since I stayed there, so either it's new or I didn't notice it.

Don't forget Reef Resort. I like it better than Beach Club (which I also like). $25 off season. It's right in the middle of Beach Rd, but not noisy. If you get a room for $15 at Orchid Dee (which I doubt), it'll be in the main building and it'll suck. Pay extra for a pool-side room. Aqua Resort, right next to Golden Lion's Plaza is pretty good too.

• 2 weeks later...

Orchidee is not very friendly, had Grand Sihanouk Ville recommended.

Anyone stayed there.

Orchidee is not very friendly, had Grand Sihanouk Ville recommended.

Anyone stayed there.

We had no problems dragging whores into Orchidee. I can't believe anyone else would either, since they're owned by the Paragon in PP where 80% of the customers are bringing back unregistered guests every night. Haven't stayed there in 3 or 4 years though. I kinda think every place in SHV is guest friendly. You'll get some stink eye at the backpacker joints though. The Grand SHV is new and looks pretty nice from the outside any way.

• 1 month later...

golden sands hotel is guest friendly.close to  ochhuetuel beach and big pool.rooms are ok .

golden sands hotel is guest friendly.close to  ochhuetuel beach and big pool.rooms are ok .

Yup. Stayed there years ago and it was pretty decent. Great location. Seems to fill up w/Vietnamese tour groups these days

After spending a few hours looking at reviews, pictures etc, I've just booked the Orchidee for my 1st visit to Snooky, the Beach Club was a close 2nd choice.

Archived