IGNORED

Got thai DL how to get IDP?

MeisterEder

I got a thai drivers license, went to DMV here, did the test and all that. I haven't had a license in my home country for about 4 years - lost it due to speeding and would have to do some kind of driving rehabilitation test to get it back, so thats out of the question. 

Can i just use my thai drivers license to get an international one and drive with it in my home country? 

It depends on what country you want to drive in.

For example in the UK your Thai licence is good for 12 months.

If it flies, floats or fucks - it will be cheaper to rent !

Can't see anything but trouble here myself? You are banned from driving in your country, the licence part is probably insignificant so all loopholes will be covered.

Going by your name you are perhaps in Germany or Austria?

If the authorities in your home country are anything like the UK(and I know they are) then you will be ok unless stopped by the police.. I am sure you will be fined for driving without a licence perhaps fraud of some king as well! 

I got a thai drivers license, went to DMV here, did the test and all that. I haven't had a license in my home country for about 4 years - lost it due to speeding and would have to do some kind of driving rehabilitation test to get it back, so thats out of the question. 

Can i just use my thai drivers license to get an international one and drive with it in my home country? 

In the US you are expected to have a STATE issued drivers license even if you don't live there (assuming you have a US passport).  The last time I was stopped while driving on a foreign license they were not happy but fortunately I was able to remember my old drivers license number from Texas where I was born.  As we all well know that yank police are fucking dicks.... 

Cheers,

Kurt

--- Is it in yet?

As far as I know, an international drivers licence is good for all courties who accept IDLs, except the country you reside in.

T.

As far as I know, an international drivers licence is good for all courties who accept IDLs, except the country you reside in.

T.

Apparently (so I was informed) an IDP is only good in Thailand for 3 months after which you should get a Thai licence.

My understanding is that the OP would need to have the 5 year licence to apply for a Thai IDP.

Archived