Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Beware of Baht Bus pickpockets

woodpecker

Jumped on a baht bus yesterday outside my condo in Jomtien to go into pattaya. I was the only person on the bus at the time and was sitting at the very end of the bench at the back. About halfway to Pattaya 3 young women got on. One made a move to sit on my lap so I would move over and let her sit on the end, one sat across from me, and the other on my left. Then the girl opposite and the girl on my left engaged me in a very friendly conversation. The one on my right, where my wallet was, ignored me. So you see the modus operandi here. I didn't notice that my wallet was gone until sometime later when I tried to pay for something. Lost 7000 baht or so, but the worst was losing my credit card, 2 ATM cards, and my drivers license. So if 2 or three girls get on a baht bus with you and sit all around you, and seem a little more friendly than normal, beware!

thanks for the tip...WP.. hope your trip get alot better for you... beware of those thaigirls they can be dangerous... :D

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

First off, I am not trying to flame you or to say anything negative......however I am very curious to your response.

You started off by saying you jumped on a Baht Bus by your "CONDO in Jomtien" on the way to Pattaya. My question to you. If you have a "CONDO", this means you live in Thailand/Jomtien?Pattaya Area or frequent the place often, If so why would you have your credit cards, drivers license and 7000 baht with you unprotected to be stolen on a baht bus ? ..... You live there you know the score. You have heard the stories. Just curious to your response.

In my wallet I only keep as much cash as I need and my local bank ATM card. If I ever lost the wallet the most I would probably loose is 3 or 4000 Baht. The ATM card can be replaced in less than an hour.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

First off, I am not trying to flame you or to say anything negative......however I am very curious to your response.

You started off by saying you jumped on a Baht Bus by your "CONDO in Jomtien" on the way to Pattaya. My question to you. If you have a "CONDO", this means you live in Thailand/Jomtien?Pattaya Area or frequent the place often, If so why would you have your credit cards, drivers license and 7000 baht with you unprotected to be stolen on a baht bus ? ..... You live there you know the score. You have heard the stories. Just curious to your response.

I rent a condo in Jomtien. I have been living there for about 4 months now. Prior to that, I lived in Bangkok for over 5 years. You might think that because I have lived here so long, I must surely "know the score" are you put it. But in fact, in the 6 years I have lived in Thailand, this is the first time I have been pickpocketed. Perhaps this is a common occurance on baht buses, I just don't know. In Bangkok I always used metered taxis. So maybe all you guys are very much aware of the risks in riding baht buses. I just thought I would pass my experience on to board members just in case they were newbies and didn't "know the score". As to why I had all this stuff in my wallet, it's because, as I said, this has not happened to me before. From now on I will be more careful.

What was the point of this reply??

The guy is just trying to pass on a little helpful information and perhaps help out a few newbies (like myself)

Why he had c/cards ect is irrelevant. What’s important and what he is saying is watch out for this particular scam. Nothing more!

Never Underestimate the Power of Pussy

What was the point of this reply??

The guy is just trying to pass on a little helpful information and perhaps help out a few newbies (like myself)

Why he had c/cards ect is irrelevant. What’s important and what he is saying is watch out for this particular scam. Nothing more!

thanks for advice

• 3 months later...

I wish I had come across thsi thread about 2 hours ago. I was going from Pattaya to Jomtien and was the only farang on the bus (there was a Thai guy on the opposite bench who wasn't involved), and the same MO was used on me. I was sitting at the very end of the bus and when the girls got on, one girl was indicating for me to scoot down closer to the driver where her accomplice sat. Two ladyboys were sitting across to distracting me with banter too. I will probably just get off the bus next time if I'm asked to scoot down on an empty bench.

Sorry to hear your woes Stilesx... you gotta be carefull guys... if something looks suspicious it probably is.

thanks for the advice. thats why this site is so great! i only ever go out with the money i am going to spend for that day . never carry a wallet on me.

If I am going out I wear pockets with zippers on them to keep my money in and keep my hand on the pocket if I am in a tightly packed baht bus, never had no problems so far. Pickpocketing in Pattaya has been going on for a while and there have been loads of stories I have heard of people being done as the OP says they work in gangs. It does not take much effort to be careful.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

Then OP was a great post! Really informative and well-intentioned. Might I add that in the PI the pickpockets work in groups of 3--#1 will distract you (like suddenly jabbing his finger into your chest) as #2 reaches into your pocket to lift your wallet. Heaven help you if you notice #2 taking anything from you, because if you happen to realize you are being pickpocketed and turn to grab ahold of #2, then #3 will stick you with a knife from your blindside (after which you will let go of #2 and fall to the ground in a life-death emergency situation while all 3 thugs escape). Try not to walk around with more than you can afford to lose--and let it ride if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Then OP was a great post! Really informative and well-intentioned. Might I add that in the PI the pickpockets work in groups of 3--#1 will distract you (like suddenly jabbing his finger into your chest) as #2 reaches into your pocket to lift your wallet. Heaven help you if you notice #2 taking anything from you, because if you happen to realize you are being pickpocketed and turn to grab ahold of #2, then #3 will stick you with a knife from your blindside (after which you will let go of #2 and fall to the ground in a life-death emergency situation while all 3 thugs escape). Try not to walk around with more than you can afford to lose--and let it ride if you happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

What happens if you catch #3? Is there a number 4 hiding in the bushes with a bazooka?

P4P. C4C. Soft Club. Skank Club. Club Bareback. Because if it's worth fucking it's worth fucking properly.

Back in employment. Korando's Bar, Soi Buakhao 15. 

Webp.net-resizeimage hh.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage bs.jpg Webp.net-resizeimage rm.jpg

Bagel and His Adventures in Thailand

My Day Working At Quicky Bar. A Romantic Encounter In A Sattahip Warehouse. Mr Pringles & His Adventures In Thailand.

Same happened to me on the baht bus, but luckily only lost my cell phone. I felt something and looked at the lady beside me and she gave me the biggest TG smile... forgot why I was checking...

Maybe I am paranoid, but I never carry my cards with me when I go out in thailand. If I need to make a cash run I get the cards special, get the cash, return them to the safe. That and I obsessively have my hand ON my wallet at all times when out in public there.

Had three pickpocket attempts last time in LOS, none successful. Proud of that.

Sounds like PI is way more dangerous than Thailand. I love sex but I am not going to die for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I never carry a wallet, only some cash and a card. I would certainly know if any ladies were trying to remove these. In saying that, I have always felt safe and never had any issues when in Jomtien or Pattaya.

You just ahve to watch out, there are pickpockets the world over.

I never carry more money than I need for the night and leave all my cards in the hotel safe.

Also always have money in different pockets.

On a bhat bus if somebody sits clos to you, which often happens especially if the bus is packed, just put your hand on your pocket. If the person is innosent they will not really notice and if they are a pick pocket they will know you are alert and wont boather.

All the precautions may make you less of a victim but your guard can always drop, especially if you have had a few beers. Anyone can become a victim. Just try to make the loss as small as possible.

Cheers Mick

• 4 months later...

that happened to me at tescos 3 weeks ago, two young girls asked for a lift and started kissing each other in the back of my car, one of them climbed in the front and started rubbing me up, when i pulled up she started kissing me then exposed her breasts to me, when they finaly got out i realised they had my wallet, this happened on the 1-9-08 again on the 4-9-08 , twice on the 14-9-08 and will proberbly happen tomorow with any luck

<p>

• 5 years later...

Yep got done by this yesterday. Just left central festival with mate and 2 ladies. Hopped on a baht bus filling with people on second road.

One of the last ones on was a lady (My lady later pointed out was a ladyboy.)

This lady while standing between the two rows of seats, motioned for people to move along so she could sit down. (My lady later mentioned she spoke to the ladyboy and said she could sit next to her, but the ladyboy wanted to sit at the end next to me.)

I shuffled down and she sat to my right. I pulled out my wallet, and took out 2x20 baht notes, to pay for the 4 of us. Put the wallet back in my pocket. I did notice a couple of taps on my leg as the baht bus was moving along, I looked down and the ladies shoulder bag was hitting my leg, didn't think anything of it.

Got off at Soi 6, made our way to sky bar, it was during my first drink I noticed my wallet was missing.

I'm guessing this ladyboy hangs around baht bus fill up points, hops on a full one, and forces her way into squeezing between people, and picks who she wants to sit next to.

My Kbank ATM card got replaced within the hour. Thats why I don't worry about carrying around my Kbank card, very easy to replace. And lost around 5000 baht cash.

My wallet is pretty unique in Pats. So if anyone sees a ladyboy with one of these. It's prolly the bastard that took mine.

Hello-Kitty-Mighty-Wallet_10279-l.jpg?v=

DATY champion of Pattaya,

Yep got done by this yesterday. Just left central festival with mate and 2 ladies. Hopped on a baht bus filling with people on second road.

One of the last ones on was a lady (My lady later pointed out was a ladyboy.)

This lady while standing between the two rows of seats, motioned for people to move along so she could sit down. (My lady later mentioned she spoke to the ladyboy and said she could sit next to her, but the ladyboy wanted to sit at the end next to me.)

I shuffled down and she sat to my right. I pulled out my wallet, and took out 2x20 baht notes, to pay for the 4 of us. Put the wallet back in my pocket. I did notice a couple of taps on my leg as the baht bus was moving along, I looked down and the ladies shoulder bag was hitting my leg, didn't think anything of it.

Got off at soi 6, made our way to sky bar, it was during my first drink I noticed my wallet was missing.

I'm guessing this ladyboy hangs around baht bus fill up points, hops on a full one, and forces her way into squeezing between people, and picks who she wants to sit next to.

My Kbank ATM card got replaced within the hour. Thats why I don't worry about carrying around my Kbank card, very easy to replace. And lost around 5000 baht cash.

My wallet is pretty unique in Pats. So if anyone sees a ladyboy with one of these. It's prolly the bastard that took mine.

Hello-Kitty-Mighty-Wallet_10279-l.jpg?v=

i took this post seriously until you showed me the wallet. LOL srry for your lost btw

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Archived