Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai way of raising children?

The other day I was on a bus out of Chonburi . The bus was packed with Thais ( only two farangs) 

On the seat opposite side of mine was a mother and her son about 8-10 yrs old . The kid got bored of sitting and started to play in the center aisle while the bus was moving. He had fun keeping the 

balance while the bus was turning and humping. Of course in the end he fell on his face and hurt him self. He did not make any noise but took the pain without complaining. 

Now his mother got up from the seat and started to beat him on his head and over his back (open hand) so hard that I thought she tired to kill the kid while she was yelling at him . I really wanted to interrupt but since none of the Thais did i figured out maybe its better to let it be .In fact the Thais didnt even turn their heads to see what was going on. The kid newer complained even if it hurt a lot .

1 hour later the kid started playing the same way again but he kept his balance and the mother kept quiet.

Is this how they raise their children? In my country the mother would have been reported to the police . 

Did I do the right thing? I hate unjust and think the mother should get some too..  :SteamingMad:

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

well the kid kept his balance after the beating lol, no seriously iv seen a fair few kids smacked by their mothers in thailand, maybe if kids still got hit for doing the wrong thing in the west the little hoodie bastards would not be so confrontational, thinking they can do what they want because they are minors 

well the kid kept his balance after the beating lol, no seriously iv seen a fair few kids smacked by their mothers in thailand, maybe if kids still got hit for doing the wrong thing in the west the little hoodie bastards would not be so confrontational, thinking they can do what they want because they are minors

..totally agree there mate

i strongly support parents hitting there kids ( in the right situation )...

i got beat down by mom all the time when i was young. i mean BEAT THE FUCK DOWN!. not no spanking bullshit. 

in thailand there is a saying......

if you love your kids hit them and teach them.. if you dont care for them leave them be.

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Its quite normal to beat kids in Asia. I was beaten quite regularly and so were other kids. I thought this happens all over the world until I found farang parents don't beat their kids like Asian parents do. I thought this is how kids grow up.

Hilarious explanation of it all by Russel Peters on beating kids...MUST WATCH :)

Well... There is a difference between correcting a kids behaviuor and beating him on his head and back with almost full strenght so you think his spine will crack any second. I mean whats the point?

In the civilized part of the world it is illegal by law . We dont allow police to beat criminals and adults who behave like shit when theyre drunk, som why should we accept beting on kids?

There is a lot of research on the area that proves that kids who get beaten, will beat others later. Maybe their wiffe or their own kids. I have been "corrected" when I was a kid and I remember the only thing in my minde was REVENGE.

BTW it is strange that a nation of so called Buddhists beats their own kids. But then again so is their craving for  money ,wealth  . I dont know what the Thais are, but they are certainly not Buddhists. 

"Man...Because he sacrifies his health in order to make money. Then sacrifies money to recuperate his health. And then his so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if hes never going to die, and then dies having never really lived "

I've rarely seen thais hitting their children, even when it is required.

Quite different in primary schools where corp punishment is, although illegal, the norm

Ask a bargirl to show you her hands and nails whilst holding a stick, her face will show you all you need to know about that

Member since Dec 06.

There is a lot of research on the area that proves that kids who get beaten, will beat others later. Maybe their wiffe or their own kids. I have been "corrected" when I was a kid and I remember the only thing in my minde was REVENGE.

did you get your revenge or did you learn not to do it again

Did I do the right thing?

Did you do the right thing?

From your post, it seems you did NOTHING.

edit... Actually nothing is probably the right thing... as they say in Thailand...not your story (as in, nothing to do with you)

Well... There is a difference between correcting a kids behaviuor and beating him on his head and back with almost full strenght so you think his spine will crack any second. I mean whats the point?

In the civilized part of the world it is illegal by law . We dont allow police to beat criminals and adults who behave like shit when theyre drunk, som why should we accept beting on kids?

BTW it is strange that a nation of so called Buddhists beats their own kids. But then again so is their craving for  money ,wealth  . I dont know what the Thais are, but they are certainly not Buddhists. 

They are hipocryts.

It is one of the most hipocrytical countries Ive ever been to.

But I sure do love it.Suits me fine.

did you get your revenge or did you learn not to do it again

When I was old enough to get my revenge I was old enough to know it is wrong to use violence as a solution . 

You must be from the US.  Any you are  right, someone would have call the cops.  This attitude of not correcting the child has led to the total loss respect by young people, a rise in youth crime, even mass shootings.  Your own statement of `!revenge 1 ` shows this.

In most non falang counties spanking are still used with proper success.  That mother did what was needed and called for at that time.  And by YOUR own statement it was a success, `he got up a little later and did not fall this time`.

Suggest you look at your own self and maybe learn and change your thinking.  A spanking is NOT a beating, but a corrective tool when used properly,  never use it when you are mad/ angry (thats when it become beating for revenge.  You were embarrassed and angry, thus a `beating`.  She was neither mad or angry.  

U did the right thing by not getting involved for a few reasons. Firstly u r Falang, secondly u r in Thailand and its a completely different culture with ppl who have a totally different mindset.

Shit my old man use to beat the living shit out of me and even tho I hate the cunt for it i learnt not to be a dickhead. So many kids now days need a smack upside their head and then maybe they would learn a bit of respect

U did the right thing by not getting involved for a few reasons. Firstly u r Falang, secondly u r in Thailand and its a completely different culture with ppl who have a totally different mindset.

Shit my old man use to beat the living shit out of me and even tho I hate the cunt for it i learnt not to be a dickhead. So many kids now days need a smack upside their head and then maybe they would learn a bit of respect

Mate, I certainly again with the last part of your post...respect seems not to exists as much these days!!

As frustrating as it may seem, it is best to observe without intervention. Like mentioned before, you are in Thailand and need to realise different culture etc.....

It is not smacking that they do it is punching to the head and it turns my stomach when I see it.

just because i am paranoid does not mean that they are not following me.

You must be from the US.  Any you are  right, someone would have call the cops.  This attitude of not correcting the child has led to the total loss respect by young people, a rise in youth crime, even mass shootings.  Your own statement of `!revenge 1 ` shows this.

In most non falang counties spanking are still used with proper success.  That mother did what was needed and called for at that time.  And by YOUR own statement it was a success, `he got up a little later and did not fall this time`.

Suggest you look at your own self and maybe learn and change your thinking.  A spanking is NOT a beating, but a corrective tool when used properly,  never use it when you are mad/ angry (thats when it become beating for revenge.  You were embarrassed and angry, thus a `beating`.  She was neither mad or angry.  

Nope! Im not from the US.

So what do people do in countries where beating kids Is allowed and natural? Let´s say in the middle eastern countries? They cut peoples throats and blow up innocent people because they have a different view of things, or got offended somehow. This is because they learned that force and violence works. Everytime there is election in those countries they start to blow up innocent people to scare and stop them from doing what they want. So yes I prefer the civilized way of raising children .

2nd Im not talking about a spanking but hitting the kid HARD over his back and head .

Yes the kid got up again and tried again so the beating did NOT stop him in playing did it? Or maybe she beat him because he fall? lol. No no. She beat him because he embarresed her . (the face value thing)

I love the well-adjusted beating victims on this thread. It's just too ironic for words.

A smack for a little kid is one thing, but beating a kid the way the OP described is fucked up.

Good idea not to interfere, she might have set on you and give you a good slap. It's a different culture. 

Personnally think it's wrong to beat kids, maybe a little slap is  ok but a beating no

Most Thai people i know do not hit their children other than the educational smack that doesn't cause fysical pain. I only know about one mother and she hits her husband too....

In fact, i find that  Thais tend to spoil their children.

Ofcourse, that's my experience and this is only based on the people i know in Bangkok (not poor / not high-so) and Thai mothers raising their kids in Belgium.

That doesn't cover all but i think it should be untrue to state that overall, heavy beatings and childabuse are standard in Thai society.

A good open hand spanking in the arse never hurt anyone, especially a little brat that deserved it! 

A good open hand spanking in the arse never hurt anyone, especially a little brat that deserved it! 

Agree, a sharp one on the back of the legs (to stop them doing something that will burn themselves or just to stop a tantrum), or the bum. Fine. Most of the lesson is delivered by the 'shock' and the slight sting, and the sound,.

Hitting a child in the head is stupid and dangerous. Giving a child a "whipping" with a father's belt or a fists just breeds dysfuntional adults and resentment.

When I was old enough to get my revenge I was old enough to know it is wrong to use violence as a solution . 

so you turned out alright then

Reading the replies from some of you I can't help but wonder why there isn't more violence in the world.....

Some of you seem so well adjusred, maybe I should have beat the crap out of my kids.... might have got some respect

Well I'm goin on 60, I'm older than most. Won't be long now and all I'll be is a ghost

Archived