IGNORED

samsung galaxy s3 or iphone 4s?

Am looking at buying one of the above phones second hand. 

Before i decide which one, I would like to hear the thoughts and experiences - good and bad - from people who have used either or both.

Thanks, Pogo 

Earning money for my next Thai flight

I would say don't get either of those and get the Galaxy Note (giant version of S3) .... much better for browsing & reading stuff. iPhone is just too small x_x

And it still fits easily in your pocket.

I think that's the way things are headed now - bigger-screen phones.

I would say don't get either of those and get the Galaxy Note (giant version of S3) .... much better for browsing & reading stuff. iPhone is just too small x_x

Gotta agree with this. I'm using an iphone 5 now, which I got for free from my company so I sold my Galaxy Note.

The iphone is slow, clunky and hard to read compared to my Note. Trying to convince my company I "need" a Galaxy Note II.

I see that screen sizes on the G4, Sony Xperia and HTC One are all going up to same as the note.

You can never take back ......
  • A moment after it's missed
  • A word after it's said
  • Time after it's been wasted

Gave up on my 'IPHONE' a year ago. Too pricy really, no access to the inside or the battery, no micro card, 3 of the many reasons. Changed to Samsung. So many choices. The S3 and the S3 mini. The S4 And the new 'GRAND' It a bit bigger than the S3, but smaller than the 'NOTE' Which I find too big too carry around. Has same operating system and 'DUAL SIMS' as well.

If you're good with technology you should definitely get the S3 over and iPhone.

The android OS is much more flexible and you can tailor it to your liking.

The S3 is also a bigger phone and IMO the better to use/watch things on etc..

I still have an iphone as I haven't got the balls to make the switch to something different, but the cameras on the S3's far superior then the iPhone, so that might be another point to consider. If i was in the market for a second hand phone now I would go for the s3.

I think people are crazy to choose Apple. No added storage, no replaceable battery, small screens, high price, locked into ios !!! The S3 is a great phone with none of these problems.

Cheers for the replies.

I did favour the s3 before I started this thread, but wanted to get others opinions.

I have now bought an S3, am just waiting for it to arrive now, so hopefully will be very happy with it.

Pogo

Earning money for my next Thai flight

I had a GS4 for about 18 hours.  16 gig, but over half was used up by apps I couldn't delete.  It's got expandable memory, but not for apps, only music, vids and pics.  I took it back and got an Iphone 5.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

something android based, so s3 is better, but you can buy a lot of similar "fake" phones in Asia for better prices with same functionality, just look for parameters

• 2 weeks later...

I had a GS4 for about 18 hours.  16 gig, but over half was used up by apps I couldn't delete.  It's got expandable memory, but not for apps, only music, vids and pics.  I took it back and got an Iphone 5.

I rooted my galaxy, installed a custom GB rom and installed an app called "Super Manager"

With that program you can delete any app on the phone(even those crap ones that have been installed by your carrrier), or you can move the app to your sd card

Also if you go to Settings > Applications, you can select where you want the app stored...on the phone or sd card.

I am not sure if that feature is on an unrooted phone, but I have it here on mine

and to your question: galaxey s3 or iphone 4s

I went out to buy me a new s3 and ended up walking out with an s2

Albeit the specs were slightly less, but its a much nicer looking phone, I do not like the rounded corners that the s3 has.

I see the s4 has toned down a bit on the rounding of corners, but I still think the s2 has a much better shape and feel.

Thats just my 2 cents worth

I've got a S2 and love it. Nothing important enough to upgrade to an S3 or S4.

Note would be good but my pockets are not big enough and Im not a man bag person.

Iphone - had once once. Not for me.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I would be tempted to go S4 because of the camera, but will wait till the hype dies off a bit then get it on ebay for a better price :-)

When GS3 first came out it was better than any apple product. Now i'd take the iphone 5 over it and the s4. To answer your question - go s3 over iphone4s - from my experience. 

“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.â€
– Terence McKenna

The Iphones when they came on the market were a game changer. However, while it has many featuures Ipones IMO are really a fashioin statement mobile entertainment platform. I consider that the mobile telephony features are not very good therefore if your priority is for mobile phone, which mine is, I would not opt for IPhone. I was a longtime Blackberry user but have given up on it as it is so far behind the curve.  

After a lot of research into the options - I opted for Samsung Galaxy1900. I have few complaints about it and have no hestitaion in recommending it if your priority is a mobile phone plus entertainment.Reverse priorities for Iphone. The battery is nowhere as good as the Blackberry so you just need to keep an eye on this. Also a wide range of apps. Generally speaking while I like Apple products(Ipone excepted) and have Ipod which I would not be without I dislike their business model which attempts to capture you and hold you hostage. Have you tries to replace a battery on an Ipod?. They are vey anti-competitive and not a socially responsible company. Check out their tax practices.  

I think those who don't consider iPhones good telephones haven't looked at one since the 3GS - their dual-microphone/noise-cancellation circuits are quite good, and either the iPhone 5's antenna is far better than the old 3GS or T-Mobile tripled the amount of coverage here in the Netherlands (read: not bloody likely…)

and to your question: galaxey s3 or iphone 4s

I went out to buy me a new s3 and ended up walking out with an s2

Albeit the specs were slightly less, but its a much nicer looking phone, I do not like the rounded corners that the s3 has.

I see the s4 has toned down a bit on the rounding of corners, but I still think the s2 has a much better shape and feel.

Thats just my 2 cents worth

How much for S2 phone.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I bought it at Tuk Com soon after the S3 was released, it cost me 13k baht

That was a while ago, I am sure they would be cheaper now, try ebay

Archived