IGNORED

Non-smoking Gogo's and clubs

We all know from other discussions on this forum that the smoking laws in Pattaya are liberally enforced.  Nevertheless, accepting this situation at face value, I'd like to inquire about non-smoking Gogo's, clubs, and venues.

Sugar-Sugar and Club Blue at opposite corners of LK Metro and Soi Buakhow are non-smoking go-gos.

In the past, Super Baby and Super Girl on Soi Diamond (same ownership) were non-smoking, but the manager told me that since they've been networking with busloads of Korean and Chinese tour groups, the ashtrays are out again.

This is not a post to intended to dialogue or debate smoking/non-smoking laws, rights, or policy issues.  

My question is as follows:

Does anyone here know of gogo's, clubs, bars, etc. where a business decision has been made to restrict smoking as Sugar-Sugar and Club Blue have implemented?

Thanks in Advance!

No sorrh Matey I do not and to be honest I skip the Non Smoking LK Metro GG as I lovs my Fags and a GG just is not the same for me without one

Ghosty

Walking Street disco ( club red car) on Walking Street is non smoking,,,cant think of any other in pattaya

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

This Australian friend of mine  told me a few days ago that Sugar Baby is non - smoking now. So maybe some one can check that out and get back here on that.

But if they were smoking in the past , then the place is contaminated for those that are sensitive. Since all the material inside is saturated with smoke ,

and some components of the smoke diffuses back out.. In the same way that your clothes smell of cigarette smoke after you have been in  smokey 

places.

Funny how in Thailand what we believe in other countries goes out the window. It would be hard to find an indoor venue of any kind in Sydney where you were allowed to light up a durry. Even in outside stadiums. As an ex smoker I have come to enjoy a smoke free environment but once in Thailand go with the flow. Horses for courses.

This Australian friend of mine  told me a few days ago that Sugar Baby is non - smoking now. So maybe some one can check that out and get back here on that.

But if they were smoking in the past , then the place is contaminated for those that are sensitive. Since all the material inside is saturated with smoke ,

and some components of the smoke diffuses back out.. In the same way that your clothes smell of cigarette smoke after you have been in  smokey 

places.

Been there many times and can verify that Sugar Sugar is indeed Smoke Free inside the bar.

Club Blu is definitely closed.

Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best he is a tolerable sub-human who has learned to wear shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.

Robert Heinlein

I don't like cigarette smoke.  I never had a problem with cigarette smoke on Walking Street but LK Metro is terrible.

Are you referring to the cigarette smoke inside the bars or all the second hand smoke outside, or both ?

Everywhere you go in Pattaya there are smokers and cigarette smoke. Thats all Asian males do all day, and about the other 80% too.

I heard this foreigner say he was leaving Pattaya because of all the second hand smoke everwhere.

I started a few threads on cigarette smoking in Pattaya, ( in this section ).  And from the polite replies from the non-smokers compared to the very hostile

replies from some of the smokers , one could conclude it was the smokers that are being offended ??

Yes in a few over sonkram and next 2 week some smoke some not , but most smokers courtious to others , i find . I was a 3 pack a day smoker , stop 8 years ago , not care char char

Its already been mentioned that Walking Street Disco (Red Car) has no smoking and Club Blue is closed.

Its not a club or Go-Go, but the Windy Bar at the north end of Walking Street has a NO SMOKING policy.  Great bar to hang out in during the day or early evening.  Its overlooking a swimming pool with Pattaya Bay and Bali Hai Pier in the background,

I like being able to occasionally smoke in bars in Thailand, the aircon is usually good so as an occasional smoker I can't say that other people smoking has been really noticeable.

I like being able to occasionally smoke in bars in Thailand, the aircon is usually good so as an occasional smoker I can't say that other people smoking has been really noticeable.

Maybe thats because you are a smoker. It is most definitely noticable to non-smokers

• 6 years later...

Closed environments with cigarette smoke makes me leave after about 20 minutes.

I gave up a pack a day/25yr habit and now cannot stand it and I don't spend my money when I can't get decent fresh air  (now work in oxygen supply business I see 1st hand people at home on oxygen because they cannot live without it. Some so bad they have a 10Mtr tube so they can walk about the house and even require their oxygen mask when taking a shower)

The smoke free business's it what I will look for when over here next

Holywood Night Club 

O I forgot to mention that it's like 95% Asians (Thais: middle & wealthy class and some working girls, Jas, Koreans and Chinese).....Great Club.....But you'll have the feeling of being foreigner......

Archived