IGNORED

Beach Road will be closed to weekend traffic starting from January 1

... has April 1st come early? I can just see 2nd Road with 2 way traffic ... ok, I know it seems like that already ... Klang will become virtually gridlocked ... and why do they want to do this, I mean does anyone come to Pattaya to use the f***ing beach, it's s***!!! Stop the tourists who visit thinking there is a beach and focus on the ones coming for the 'bars' and there'd be no problem with tour coaches in the daytime :)

If thisis to be bleived then crossing 2nd Rd will go from being hard to being a suicide mission.

Testicles

Dont you just love Thailand LOL !! You couldnt make any of this up !!

Second Road will be a nightmare now, its the baht buses that cause most of the problems on beach road IMO.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

Fucking great - now how are we going to avoid the tailors and time-share touts?

Be scene and not herd.

If this is serious, then it won't last even into Friday afternoon the first weekend.

Here's a better idea:

Build a fake Walking Street on the outskirts of town with cutout buildings like they do on movie sets. Send all the Japanese with their buses and cameras to the fake one. Then we will be able to drive on Beach road and actually walk in a straight line down Walking Street! :D

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

... has April 1st come early? I can just see 2nd Road with 2 way traffic ... ok, I know it seems like that already ... Klang will become virtually gridlocked ... and why do they want to do this, I mean does anyone come to Pattaya to use the f***ing beach, it's s***!!! Stop the tourists who visit thinking there is a beach and focus on the ones coming for the 'bars' and there'd be no problem with tour coaches in the daytime :D

2nd Road is ALREADY 2way - always has been. However atm only baht buses can use the other lanes inward and rarely do.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I don't think they have considered the practicalities of this. The traffic lights at the corners South Pattaya and Central roads are not set up to handle south moving traffic on Second Road. Also all the sois between Beach and Second Roads will need to be two way. It ain't going to work!!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I'm glad I caught this before my departure. I’ll be sure to avoid 2nd Road on those days.

Good luck to those of you that will attempt to cross this gauntlet. :Bravo1:

Methinks someone in City Hall has been eating too much sherry trifle.

The BiB will have a bloody field day :GiveBeer1:

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

It won't work! Give it a couple of weeks and they'll drop it. :P

Unfortunately the hospitals might fill up first. :D

• 4 weeks later...
what was the result?

As usual ...nothing! :10of10Score:

Traffic is still flowing!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

• 2 weeks later...